First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 45,392 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

He doesn't say 3 in the countdown. How is this supposed to be better than AVP?
Spoiler

j/k sorry -
[close]

Anyone else think that this movie is simply going to be EPIC beyond comparison? I don't care if Averngers or Batknight make more money - this is simply going to be the best movie to come out this summer, and possibly for some time after that.

Just this one clip gives me goosebumps. I cannot imagine what I will be feeling after walking out of the theater.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Cvalda....I've voiced my concerns from day one, particularly Noomi's "It's an invitation" line which felt absolutely fake. I have my misgivings, to be sure. What I'm realizing is that when I watch clips, etc... I'm replaying ALIEN at the same time thereby not giving Prometheus a fair shake. ;)

"How is this supposed to be better than AVP?"  funniest thing I've read yet. Jesus Qwertify! Ease off it a bit.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I also think it's a clip of a much longer sequence, at 00:36 they appear to be just above the clouds, Janek (Idris Elba) says something (not really sure what it is), then we see the ship going low into a valley in a shot we all know about.  Who cares about the editing at this point, we're probably only talking about a minute or so at the most.  It definately feels like Alien, you can also here David in the background making observations just like Ash did on approach, plus there's a few nice nods in the form of identical dialogue here and there....cool....I liked it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on May 14, 2012, 05:39:43 PM
I'm shocked that only one poster noticed that we might just have heard the first snippet from the score, considering how big a deal it's been around here  ;)
I can't hear the audio because my work computer doesn't have speakers :( I'll voice what will likely be a gripe later in the evening :D

ThisBethesdaSea

Watching it again....hmm....I really REALLY like it...all the chatter during landing...the 'roger that' snippet looked like something directly out of ALIEN as did the tone of the pilot who delivered the line....

Valaquen

Valaquen

Of course, we know it's edited because we've seen shots from the trailers, some of the very first ones, of the Prometheus searing through the clouds that wasn't in this clip.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 06:01:53 PM
Quote from: Eva on May 14, 2012, 05:39:43 PM
I'm shocked that only one poster noticed that we might just have heard the first snippet from the score, considering how big a deal it's been around here  ;)
I can't hear the audio because my work computer doesn't have speakers :( I'll voice what will likely be a gripe later in the evening :D
Oh...ohhh... but, but...OK, here goes:

Play the clip!
(clears throat)

♪♫ dum duuuuum ♪ daa daaaaa ♫♫♫ daaaaaaaaaaa ♫♫ booooom (deeep thumping sound) ♫♫ duuuum daaaa ♪♫ ....

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on May 14, 2012, 06:09:56 PM
(clears throat)

♪♫ dum duuuuum ♪ daa daaaaa ♫♫♫ daaaaaaaaaaa ♫♫ booooom (deeep thumping sound) ♫♫ duuuum daaaa ♪♫ ....
...I hate it already >:(
:laugh: :P

dallevalle

Pretty sweet clip :3 cant wait !

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Yeah, I count about 3 major points where this has been brutally hacked to bits.

Not even worth uploading, honestly.

I mean it's beautiful, but this makes the film look really off it's rocker.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

The score sounded pretty much incidental to me, it was fine, nothing special but it didn't feel out of place either.  Anyone complaining about the music at this point is just being PLAIN DUMB!!!

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 14, 2012, 06:15:37 PM
Yeah, I count about 3 major points where this has been brutally hacked to bits.

Not even worth uploading, honestly.

I mean it's beautiful, but this makes the film look really off it's rocker.

Yea, I agree completely.

Give us the full five minutes or please don't bother. Really. It is going to make it look bad to people who are scrounging about for every last second of new info (like me).

SAWolf

SAWolf

Notice: There are at least 4 pyramids after the first one WOW :X

Predaker

Predaker

Spoiler
LMG: "There... right there... God does not build in straight lines."
[close]

What is that supposed to mean?

The score from the frankenstein clip sounds a bit like the music Cvalda posted from that wolf movie.

Firestorm

The way Benedict wong says "Yes captain" and the "Now thats weather" line sound like shit with this editing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed