The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,507 times)

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 03, 2019, 01:18:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2019, 10:25:23 AM
Some crazy shit over here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YagENY

And only one of them was human-like (and kind of looks like 90's Wasp post-mutation).

Not gonna lie, as far as hybrids go this would've made me uncomfortable. A giant freaking bug monster would've definitely made me squirm in my seat.

This one is quite creepy to me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

ace3g

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 20, 2019, 12:41:25 PM
:laugh:

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 03, 2019, 01:18:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2019, 10:25:23 AM
Some crazy shit over here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YagENY

And only one of them was human-like (and kind of looks like 90's Wasp post-mutation).

Not gonna lie, as far as hybrids go this would've made me uncomfortable. A giant freaking bug monster would've definitely made me squirm in my seat.

This one is quite creepy to me.

The large eyes almost makes it, cute.

Voodoo Magic

Almost...   :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Why is it "The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread" ? It should be called "Voodoo Magic's Official Crabators Bashing Thread".

Btw, I've came up with a new term - KNBator

"Still not as good as it could've been but western imperialists and voodoo cultists seem to give it a pass" 

"Just say "Нет, товарищи"

BlueMarsalis79

Can't close his mouth, as if the fact that he's exactly the original Predator design's not distracting enough.

Kradan

Exactly. Welcome to the revolution, comrade !

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 15, 2021, 02:15:20 PM
Why is it "The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread" ? It should be called "Voodoo Magic's Official Crabators Bashing Thread".

Btw, I've came up with a new term - KNBator

"Still not as good as it could've been but western imperialists and voodoo cultists seem to give it a pass" 

"Just say "Нет, товарищи"

Well it's all relative. It's like since the release of The Predator, many (not all) have become more forgiving of Predators' faults. I'm one of them. I think the same goes with KNB. I'm certain if Stan Winston did 5 out of the 6 films and KNB did the remainder, KNB would be receiving the sole doesn't-measure-up scrutiny. But alas, with ADI's work, KNB holds up better in comparison by far imo.

For me, regardless of armor or camera perspective, throughout the film, I can see the Crucified's neck and their Predator's head looks proportional to its body. But with ADI's Fugitive, I still can't see his neck, contributing to an already oversized head, that results in ADI's Fugitive Predator having a bobble-head type appearance.

But hey, different strokes for different folks though. Like what you like my friend!  :)

BlueMarsalis79

Oh it's proportionally superior, and I'm glad it doesn't have the mouth folds that immediately give away it being an operated animatronic rather than something real. But the stuff that irks me still does irk me.

BigDaddyJohn

Yes crucified pred from KNB was clearly superior to fugitive's, and that's coming from a guy who hates Predators  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

And that's why you'll never get another Pred as good as Winston's ones were. There is no absolute to your opinion, you're ready to settle for one imperfection in favor of another. You're ruled by weak leaders and you're too flexible to demand nothing but perfection and march towards ADI headquarters to burn it down when you don't get it. That's why Crabators and KNBators prevail - and you lose

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 15, 2021, 05:02:13 PM
And that's why you'll never get another Pred as good as Winston's ones were. There's is no absolute to your opinion, you're ready to settle for one imperfection in favor of another. You're too flexible to demand nothing but perfection and march towards ADI headquarters to burn it down when you don't get it

Burn it down, wha?

I've personally seen what KNB can do under a tremendously short schedule and I'd be fine with KNB coming back. 100%. It might not be as great as Stan's, we may never get to that greatness again, but after three different movies with ADI, I hope we move on to another FX house like Weta. And if not Weta etc. then KNB, because clearly (to me) while very talented, after three films, Predators are just not ADI's strength. And who knows, one day we may get a house that even creates a Predator to rival Stan's creatures!

BigDaddyJohn

Does someone knows if ADI are somewhat cheaper to hire than other renowned fx companies ? That could explain why they were hired on 3 of the four last movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed