AVP - Filming the Temple Flashback (ADI Behind the Scenes)

Started by Kailem, May 20, 2018, 07:42:27 AM

Author
AVP - Filming the Temple Flashback (ADI Behind the Scenes) (Read 9,251 times)

Kailem

RidgeTop

Really happy with ADI for continuously releasing this making of footage so long after the fact.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, same! Especially with these scenes that I don't think we really saw much behind-the-scenes footage of. It never fails to amuse me seeing people act to CG, though. Those practical Predators kicking and stabbing at nothing.  :laugh: Those tails just flapping away too. Movie magic!

Wysps

It's always a nice shock to see all the body parts being carried around the set - they look heavy. I like the music that companies the footage too. Hope they keep releasing more (if they have any videos left).

iain

Corporal Hicks

I'm only now just realizing how long the Predator dredds were in AvP. I do love ADI are posting these videos, think I'm going to have to cover these on the front page. It was somewhat surreal watching them film that part of big fight - looks so strange like that. I remember that image of Celtic and Grid face-to-face as being used quite frequently in the marketing too.

Tubecity

Say what you like about how well or not AVP stands up as a film, it contributed a lot of cool stuff to the mythos- Preds as von Daniken's 'Ancient Astronauts' etc, and some great design... New weapons, Pred armour, Celtic... It really expanded the Universe. I'll take the good from it and ignore the bad.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Tubecity on Jun 07, 2018, 05:20:45 PM
Say what you like about how well or not AVP stands up as a film, it contributed a lot of cool stuff to the mythos- Preds as von Daniken's 'Ancient Astronauts' etc, and some great design... New weapons, Pred armour, Celtic... It really expanded the Universe. I'll take the good from it and ignore the bad.

I genuinely don't believe it added a single thing worthwhile, but each to their own.

bobcunk

Why was this never released before. How much more stuff is out there. The studios should dump all the footage on you tube or something. 

426Buddy

Turning the predators into ancient astronauts was the worst bit imo.

Wysps

That roar though :laugh:

Quote from: Tubecity on Jun 07, 2018, 05:20:45 PM

Janky plot elements aside, I'm with you on the new weapons, armor, etc.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 07, 2018, 06:30:28 PM
Turning the predators into ancient astronauts was the worst bit imo.

I always had a soft spot for that von Daniken thing - I blame Stargate - so that never really bothered me. That said, there's no denying how cool those sets looked. I'm sure they could have made an awesome spaceship or colony set for that film. They did such a great job with the cash they had.

Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 07, 2018, 06:16:12 PM
Why was this never released before. How much more stuff is out there. The studios should dump all the footage on you tube or something. 

Looks like ADI has been and will continue to release these kind of things. We'll endeavour to give them better coverage too.

SM

SM

I don't think they ever quite got the Predators fighting the digital Aliens quite right on the top of the pyramid.  That stab the centre one does doesn't look like it connects with anything.

Other than that it was one of the best scenes in the film.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Alien inner mouth is too long, Predators dreadlocks are too long, Predators upper teeth are in pair normally (snake reference) but in this movie they have more upper teeth, I dont like these changes, but in this film. . I respected that as something different made for totally different (lore) dimension. The entire movie was filmed in my country (Czech Republic) thats the reason why they created so much with such a low budget, we arent that expensive. Paul Anderson is horrible director, so this movie could be even worst thanks to him. My dream is to see one day an Alien or Predator film from someone like Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson or once again from James Cameron, damn. . I will be highly interested in the Predator from James Cameron perspective, of course if he ever will have any interested in it.

The Old One

The Old One

Blasphemy, the Alien inner mouth can never be too long. Unless it's longer than the head itself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed