Which 'Canon' do you prefer?

Started by Kenner_Alien_Kaste, Nov 20, 2022, 03:00:55 AM

Which 'Canon' do you prefer?

"Pre-Prometheus" (ALIEN, ALIENS,  ALIEN 3, ALIEN RESURRECTION, and applicable supplementary material pre-Prometheus)
14 (23%)
"Expanded Universe" (Toylines, Comics, Novels, Anything set within the 'ALIEN' IP including unmade films)
1 (1.6%)
AVP Canon (AVP, AVP Requiem, and applicable sources/materials)
3 (4.9%)
"New Canon" (ALIEN 1-4, PROMETHEUS, ALIEN COVENANT, Isolation, Alien The Cold Forge, Alien The Roleplaying Game, etc)
16 (26.2%)
"Anything Goes" (Pick and choose/Personal preference)
27 (44.3%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author
Which 'Canon' do you prefer? (Read 10,476 times)

The Cruentus

I think Alien, Alien Isolation, Aliens and perhaps Alien 3(maybe, on fence about it even I like it) work well as a basic core that should be canon, anything added to that could just be what ifs or parodies (Alien rez), well atleast if they are messing with the lore. Prometheus and Covenant don't belong in my opinion, not only aesthetically, but it adds stuff that just contradicts stuff and even reduces the alien and the world building in my opinion.

Immortan Jonesy

In my humble canon, the prequels coexist with the 4 Alien movies plus Scorn, which takes place in the post-Resurrection future ~ 👀👉🏻👈🏻

The Cruentus

I seen trailers of that game, very giger-esq, so I certainly see the appeal. It would be a fun easter but I doubt it has anything to do with Alien.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 25, 2022, 06:46:39 PMIn my humble canon, the prequels coexist with the 4 Alien movies plus Scorn, which takes place in the post-Resurrection future ~ 👀👉🏻👈🏻

But where does Species fit in?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 26, 2022, 01:46:02 AMBut where does Species fit in?

"Species is the key to all of this"

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I also like to look at alternative and external canons where the Alien and Predator movies have taken place.

For example, the Alien/Predator/Dredd crossovers are considered canon within the Dredd universe. The events of Val Verde are explicitly mentioned in the first Dredd/Predator crossover, meaning that the events of the first movie are canon within the Dredd universe. By proxy, it also stands to reason that the events of the second film, and the Dark Horse EU also take place. Presumably, the AVP movies also have transpired but the Alien movies do not.

Inverse Effect

For me it Directors cut of all the movies, But head canon Alien 3 ending is queen bursting out, And that it's a "Dog Alien" Not an Ox.

AVP movies exist in the storyline. And then add the Predator movies prior to the events of AVP.

One Big shared universe!

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

As of late, my 'personal' canon I suppose is kind of a mish-mosh in a way (ie I try to tie the Prequels in with AVP and the original quadrilogy, and even supplementary materials)

But if I had to give a more 'definite' canon, then I'd say for 'timeline' (that is to say main events/regarding the main cast) it's primarily Prequels ---> Quadrilogy, but that for the universe itself I'm actually going for that AND the AVP Roleplaying Game, FireTeam Elite, and the 'Hunt Begins' Tabletop, which in turn kinda tethers some of the AVP and Predator franchise lore together...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Can you fix your poll options?

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 26, 2022, 02:54:44 PMCab you fix your poll options?

I can try, what do you think I should change it too.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 23, 2022, 01:39:08 PMPrometheus came out in 2012, and Alien Isolation in 2014, so I understand why it is not an option here.

I would easily vote option four, but it is inaccurate, Colonial Marines does not factor into the new canon or current continuity. It should be removed from that particular option. And probably substituted with Alien The Cold Forge, as it is the one novel with by far the biggest influence on the current expanded universe continuity, visible in The RPG, Fireteam Elite, and of course many other novels.

Also Prometheus released in 2012, so the first option should not include Colonial Marines either, being it released in 2013.

@Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 26, 2022, 08:45:45 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 23, 2022, 01:39:08 PMPrometheus came out in 2012, and Alien Isolation in 2014, so I understand why it is not an option here.

I would easily vote option four, but it is inaccurate, Colonial Marines does not factor into the new canon or current continuity. It should be removed from that particular option. And probably substituted with Alien The Cold Forge, as it is the one novel with by far the biggest influence on the current expanded universe continuity, visible in The RPG, Fireteam Elite, and of course many other novels.

Also Prometheus released in 2012, so the first option should not include Colonial Marines either, being it released in 2013.

@Kenner_Alien_Kaste

There we go! Hope it's better

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

QuoteHer adventures are shoehorned in between two films that clearly do not support the events happening

What were the contradictions?

SiL

SiL

That any of it happened.

BlueMarsalis79

The very existence of Amanda Ripley has issues in the context of Alien 1979, Isolation itself unto itself, does not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed