Q&A with Rebellion

Started by ikarop, Jun 28, 2009, 11:57:12 AM

Author
Q&A with Rebellion (Read 47,486 times)

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Quote from: Master on Jun 28, 2009, 10:06:45 PM
And Newborn was the strongest creature in whole francise and probably was on chestbursters satge. Adult one would be a thing every Pred would like to huntdown. I would.

Here's my view, not that anybody really cares.

The "newborn" was the worst thing to happen to the Alien franchise. Full stop. It was possibly the lamest thing I have ever seen in a film (although the "pred-alien" in AvP:R might have to steal that particular medal), and a textbook example of the "was once a good film but now is so screwed up I think I'm going to puke" effect. It wasn't frightening, it wasn't creepy, or cool, it was freaking hilariously bad, and I think it would turn this game from an action/horror game into a freaking comedy.  If you want variety, do something besides that. Variety should not be a substitute for a good game. In my opinion. 

kvon17

kvon17

Keep in mind, they originally wanted the Newborn to have a penis and a vagina. But they were told they had to digitally edit it out of the film. The Newborn is FAR from "cool."

Vertigo

Vertigo

Sorry, I could only come up with one Marine-specific question, but hey, at least there's no Alien-specific ones. ;)

-Which vision modes will the Marine have this time around, and how do they compare with the previous games. Also, is the shoulderlamp in, and how will it function? (the very limited battery supply system from AvP2 has been much-criticised)

-Will more trophy-kill animations be added before the game's release, for the sake of variety?

-I'd very much like an explanation of how the Predator's energy system works now, particularly as it's been confirmed that the cloaking device uses a seperate system. Is there a time limit to how long you can stay cloaked, and what system is in place to discourage the player from just hitting the cloak button again the instant they're decloaked? Also, are there any weapons or actions which don't disrupt the cloak (we already know focus-jumping)?

-Finally, and most importantly: will the AI spawn at random locations and times, and will they be able to track the player throughout the map. Basically I'm asking if they'll be using AvP1's brilliant system (as opposed to the more conventional, infinitely more boring and less replayable scripted method used by AvP2 and most other games).

Also, guys, can we please keep this on topic? It's going to be hard for the mods to trawl through the thread for questions if it keeps going off on odd tangents.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 28, 2009, 11:18:22 PM
Keep in mind, they originally wanted the Newborn to have a penis and a vagina. But they were told they had to digitally edit it out of the film. The Newborn is FAR from "cool."

Yes, because having genitals isn't cool.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 28, 2009, 11:23:58 PM
Sorry, I could only come up with one Marine-specific question, but hey, at least there's no Alien-specific ones. ;)

-Which vision modes will the Marine have this time around, and how do they compare with the previous games. Also, is the shoulderlamp in, and how will it function? (the very limited battery supply system from AvP2 has been much-criticised)

-Will more trophy-kill animations be added before the game's release, for the sake of variety?

-I'd very much like an explanation of how the Predator's energy system works now, particularly as it's been confirmed that the cloaking device uses a seperate system. Is there a time limit to how long you can stay cloaked, and what system is in place to discourage the player from just hitting the cloak button again the instant they're decloaked? Also, are there any weapons or actions which don't disrupt the cloak (we already know focus-jumping)?

-Finally, and most importantly: will the AI spawn at random locations and times, and will they be able to track the player throughout the map. Basically I'm asking if they'll be using AvP1's brilliant system (as opposed to the more conventional, infinitely more boring and less replayable scripted method used by AvP2 and most other games).

Also, guys, can we please keep this on topic? It's going to be hard for the mods to trawl through the thread for questions if it keeps going off on odd tangents.

They've already said they are adding more trophy kills.

They've already said the AI will be unscripted, dynamic, and it things won't happen the same way every time

And they've said that you can stay cloaked, but how visible you are depends on your motion. The faster you're moving the easy you are to see. And (from the videos) basically attacking anything uncloaks you.
Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 28, 2009, 11:28:03 PM

EXACTLY! They shouldn't exist.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

okay last post was a bit weird either way why dont we get back to asking questions obviously the newborn has its haters and its fans but its part of the franchise and it would be kinda cool to see the next avp capitalize on everything that has made us love the franchise to the point of discussing it on a fan site forum.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 28, 2009, 11:29:23 PM
Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 28, 2009, 11:28:03 PM

EXACTLY! They shouldn't exist.

I call Bullshit.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 28, 2009, 12:50:59 PM
Here are Mine:

-Will you release a Full SDK (Full kit with all necessary tools to create maps, skins, mods, models, source code, etc.) as you did with Aliens Vs. Predator (1999)?
It would be a nice feature and as you perhaps know, this will allow the community to stay alive not like many games nowadays which are empty because there is a lack of assistance and an inactive community.

-Will there be a Custom character maker such as you could build your own character (Select his face, body, armor, size, color, etc.)?

-Why did you choose to give 2 wristblades to the Predator? Isn't that a little childish? It remind some "dadada-land" design that you only see in Hollywood... you know when a guy is holding two gun, then he jump and he kill all his opponent.
They did the same thing for the avp:r psp title

Sylizar

Sylizar

-Will Marines feature any weapons or abilities they didn't have in previous games? (This could apply to Predator as well)

-Will the game be able to match the previously released screenshots? Like, are those goal setters? (Although the graphics are amazing now, they haven't quite reached that level)

-If a Marine is about to be facehugged (If they're here) would there be a way to counter the little guy, or is facehugging (If done right) instant?

-Will the temple in the game shift like the temple in the movie?

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

agreed with private hudson a question id like answeared is will there be any permant damage done to your character during campaign like if he gets clawed and survive will the scar stay with him or if his(or her)gear(clothes,helmet,ect)gets damaged will it stay that way till the mission ends.

rikiiy

rikiiy

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jun 29, 2009, 12:20:12 AM
agreed with private hudson a question id like answeared is will there be any permant damage done to your character during campaign like if he gets clawed and survive will the scar stay with him or if his(or her)gear(clothes,helmet,ect)gets damaged will it stay that way till the mission ends.

that would be sick, even if it is mostly cosmetic damage. :D

Übermensch

Übermensch

Quote from: Neon_Knight on Jun 28, 2009, 11:14:55 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 28, 2009, 10:06:45 PM
And Newborn was the strongest creature in whole francise and probably was on chestbursters satge. Adult one would be a thing every Pred would like to huntdown. I would.

Here's my view, not that anybody really cares.

The "newborn" was the worst thing to happen to the Alien franchise. Full stop. It was possibly the lamest thing I have ever seen in a film (although the "pred-alien" in AvP:R might have to steal that particular medal), and a textbook example of the "was once a good film but now is so screwed up I think I'm going to puke" effect. It wasn't frightening, it wasn't creepy, or cool, it was freaking hilariously bad, and I think it would turn this game from an action/horror game into a freaking comedy.

Like it or not, it's part of the Alien franchise.  And the way I see it, it's an unnatural abomination created by an experiment gone wrong.  I would love to see it in a game, that way haters could take out their anger on the Newborn for even existing.  Would be cool if it were in multiplayer or as a hidden part of a level, giving you an unlockable achievement or something.

Speaking of questions:

What kind of unlockable achievements are there?
Will there be hidden stuff to find in the game and of what kind?
We saw the ambience of the jungle in the demo, what kind of atmosphere will there be for the remainder of the game, and in particular the different species?
Will you have the option to customise your character and if so in what way?
How many different environments are there and are they directly based off the films?
Can you tell us anything about the alien gameplay?
Will there be much in-game music?  And what kind of music will it be?
Will there be any hidden references to the films, IE little easter eggs for the fans?

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

hay will there be any predator human team ups like in the original comic series and if so will it take place in multiplayer with actual putting the two seperate characters on a team or will the emphisis on three seperate species keep this from happening ???

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

this is a bit scifi but will there be any ship based battles above the planet where your character will control your sides vessels and if there is will it be a multiplayer feature of some kind i only ask this because blowing stuff up with a predator ship would be preety damn cool.

and another question of intrest will the space jockeys some how play into the story or will they remain mysterious as always.

one last thing if the space jockeys do play into the story is it possible that the artifact from avp2 primal hunt will be featured or some other object that  is coveted by the seperate species.

predator24

predator24

??? if you would play as marine or predator say if one got hit badly in the arm or leg would they limp or have to use a one handed weapon because in avp2 you would just automatically die and i didnt like that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed