AVP:S Aliens Vs Predator: Survival. My idea for a new movie.

Started by Ultimate Savage, Oct 19, 2017, 06:48:42 PM

Author
AVP:S Aliens Vs Predator: Survival. My idea for a new movie. (Read 8,690 times)

Ultimate Savage

Since Ridley Scott is trying so hard to rip the AVP universe apart with his 'Prometheus/Alien Covenant' movies, I am in the process of writing up an AVP movie but in short story format.

I call it; AVP:S Aliens Vs Predator: Survival.

Even though it's set in the future, it's not a direct sequel to the first two movies or have any links to them.

The difference this time, is that there is no human interaction at all. Which means little to no dialogue whatsoever.

Here is a short synopsis:

After capturing three dishonourable Super Predators and imprisoning them on a ship to return home, they manage to escape their holds and send the ship crashing towards an unknown planet.

Following an honourable Predator, that escapes the ship before the crash, is the only survivor. Things get worse as he discovers that the planet is also host to the most dangerous species the Predators have ever faced, the deadly Xenomorph.

The only way off the planet, is to get to the his crashed ship, where a distress signal is automatically sent from and is the beacon for a pick-up point. But between him and the beacon, are miles of dangerous terrain and the lethal Xenomorph that are lurking everywhere.

With more than meets the eye, the predator becomes the prey. As for now, there is no hunt. There is only survival.

Would you be interested in seeing an AVP movie, where it follows the actions of both species with no human interactions?

Also, how do you like the sound of my story so far? What I have given here, does not go into any details and is not as straight forward as it suggests, as it should be.

Here is my concept image for a poster/banner. 

Link to original concept; https://ultimate-savage.deviantart.com/art/AVPS-Aliens-Vs-Predator-Survival-Poster-708355425

Thoughts?

SM

Needs marines.

skhellter

These guys, specifically.

Needs hairy shoulders.

SM

Kel G 426

QuoteEven though it's set in the future, it's not a direct sequel to the first two movies or have any links to them.

Great start!

QuoteThe difference this time, is that there is no human interaction at all. Which means little to no dialogue whatsoever.

Ummmm...

QuoteAlso, how do you like the sound of my story so far?

With just one predator for most of the story, may as well call it Predator Kills Aliens

QuoteWould you be interested in seeing an AVP movie, where it follows the actions of both species with no human interactions?

You're story might make for an entertaining read, but it won't fly as a movie. Gotta have people or the audience won't care.

Ultimate Savage

QuoteThe difference this time, is that there is no human interaction at all. Which means little to no dialogue whatsoever.

Maybe a little of Yautja translation in there, but if you knew about the creatures enough, they don't exactly have conversations. But their physical expressions stand out enough for people to understand.

QuoteWith just one predator for most of the story, may as well call it Predator Kills Aliens

Like I have stated, my short synopsis doesn't give away any detail. Look at it as if you're reading the back of a DVD cover to a movie ;)

QuoteYou're story might make for an entertaining read, but it won't fly as a movie. Gotta have people or the audience won't care.

Where is this "rule"?  First, there is the brand(s) that everyone knows. So the fans will understand that the Yautja & Xenomorph don't chit-chat. Second, there are a few movies that don't have "people" for a movie to work, so I don't see why this has to be a sort of "must"? 3rd, After multiple movies from all 3 franchise' (Alien, Predator, AVP), Something different might be worth a shot. Following a lone Predator on the reverse of what his species does for a living, might add intrigue from viewers as they would see the different instincts at play instead of just "hunt mode".

SM

Story's generally need someone to root for, which means a human or something with human-like qualities.  The Predator could fill that role, but ultimately it's a monster and likely becomes the lesser of evils rather than a hero of the story.

Ultimate Savage

Ultimate Savage

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 12:05:08 AM
Story's generally need someone to root for, which means a human or something with human-like qualities.  The Predator could fill that role, but ultimately it's a monster and likely becomes the lesser of evils rather than a hero of the story.

So you're saying that movies should have to have a "goody" for a movie premise to work???

Also, the story is following a Yautja event. Following this lone survivor on a planet full of Xenomorphs as he tries to escape it, is somehow lacking because he is a "monster" himself? Hmm...

I guess no fan or anyone rooted for "Wolf" in AVPR :/

SM

Predators are monsters.  They kill the people we're supposed to care about.

Some people may have rooted for Wolf, but that's more to do with the god-awful human characters in the flick.  And even then he's still the lesser evil.  And him being an idiot doesn't make it easy to root for him.  He murdered - and skinned - a deputy and guy with a gun who didn't even have the faintest idea he was nearby; not exactly a 'hero'.

Ultimate Savage

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 12:35:10 AM
Predators are monsters.  They kill the people we're supposed to care about.

Some people may have rooted for Wolf, but that's more to do with the god-awful human characters in the flick.  And even then he's still the lesser evil.  And him being an idiot doesn't make it easy to root for him.  He murdered - and skinned - a deputy and guy with a gun who didn't even have the faintest idea he was nearby; not exactly a 'hero'.

Again... We can only root for "good guy"? This is an Yautja/Xenomorph event. So you think there are unwritten rules? ...k

Also for your own conclusion of Wolf and his actions, You should look at a youtube video from Mr H Reviews on Wolf and what his "role" was. Maybe you'll get a better understanding as to why he killed in un-honourable ways. (clue... It wasn't a hunt).

There are movies that follow evil characters, doing evil things, to other evil characters. But the Yautja are an interesting species. To those that don't read their comics and only know them through movies, this story would make them less one dimensional characters. But also, again, I have not given any details (yet) as to what the journey holds for this lone Yautja. 

SM

QuoteWe can only root for "good guy"?

That is generally the idea, yes.  Rules can be bent or broken from time to time, but generally they're rules because they work over and over.

QuoteAlso for your own conclusion of Wolf and his actions, You should look at a youtube video from Mr H Reviews on Wolf and what his "role" was. Maybe you'll get a better understanding as to why he killed in un-honourable ways. (clue... It wasn't a hunt).

I don't need a Youtube video to tell me the bleeding obvious.  Anyone who was paying the least amount of attention knows he wasn't there to hunt.  Which makes Wolf exceedingly dumb for killing Ray and skinning him.  Also leaving his technology behind, shooting the power station, and disarming himself to fight the PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed).

For someone that can turn invisible whose job was to get in and out quietly to clean up a mess - he sure was pretty crap at it.

Ultimate Savage

QuoteThat is generally the idea, yes.  Rules can be bent or broken from time to time, but generally they're rules because they work over and over.

You are the type that don't think anything else can work but a goody goody hero being the protagonist. I find that very one dimensional thinking really.

QuoteI don't need a Youtube video to tell me the bleeding obvious.  Anyone who was paying the least amount of attention knows he wasn't there to hunt.  Which makes Wolf exceedingly dumb for killing Ray and skinning him.  Also leaving his technology behind, shooting the power station, and disarming himself to fight the PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed).

For someone that can turn invisible whose job was to get in and out quietly to clean up a mess - he sure was pretty crap at it.

Clearly you need to watch the video I have recommended. Because you'd know that the Yautja would do whatever it takes to remain a hidden entity overall. Even if that means taking out a small town.

But seriously, if you think that an "AVP" movie, that follows an event that has Aliens and Predators only, is not engaging enough, then that's your opinion. An opinion based on not knowing the details of my story mind. But I guess you like to jump to conclusions often.

Thanks for your constructive criticism(?)

SM

QuoteYou are the type that don't think anything else can work but a goody goody hero being the protagonist. I find that very one dimensional thinking really.

That isn't what I said at all.

QuoteClearly you need to watch the video I have recommended. Because you'd know that the Yautja would do whatever it takes to remain a hidden entity overall. Even if that means taking out a small town.

I'll have a look if you link to it, but he did very little to remain a hidden entity overall.  He started out okay with that blue solvent stuff, but undid that by killing Deputy Ray and skinning him.  All he needed to do was cloak, and by the time anyone had a chance to check out Ray's story he would've been long gone and there wouldn't have been trace he was ever there.

QuoteBut seriously, if you think that an "AVP" movie, that follows an event that has Aliens and Predators only, is not engaging enough, then that's your opinion. An opinion based on not knowing the details of my story mind. But I guess you like to jump to conclusions often.

I can only offer an opinion on your vague idea, because that's all I have to go on thus far.  You've not provided any details, so I can't really jump to any conclusions.  Your idea is one that has been floated more times than I can remember and most people tend to fall into the camp of it not being able to sustain a feature length film.

If all you're after is praise, perhaps state that at the outset rather than asking for "Thoughts?"

whiterabbit

I would like for the powers that be to try an Alien vs Predator movie sans the humans but to sell enough tickets it really does need marines.

happypred

I like the Yautja forced into survival mode idea...but I think there needs to be a few interesting human characters. The protagonist can't be the Yautja

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed