Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 80,271 times)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2011, 04:51:16 AM
QuoteNow this, I can get behind. It was a plain editorial decision that might've smoothed the transition between Ian Holm and his headcast. But SM, you talk about the special effects leap of Star Wars, and I call to mind the most similar analogue to the spinners of Blade Runner in that film: Luke's landspeeder entering Mos Eisley... where Lucas simply slathered some vaseline on the lens, to cover up the speeder's wheels. Ridley could have done the same to the shots of his spinner, but that would have created a blurry glow in the rain. Would that have been better?

The landspeeder floats on some antigrav field - vaseline on the lens works in terms of the narrative and to hide the effect.  Riddles would've been better off in that shot to dim the background lighting to hide the wires.  It's already at night and could easily have gotten away with the dark background.  It's not broad daylight like the landspeeder.
Okay, I concede, you've got me there. Doing so might not have given Ridley the shot that he wanted, but it might have hidden the wires. Still, with today's technology, I believe Ridley & co. will give us a realistic looking film. But I thank you for a respectful and intelligent debate!  :)

SM

No worries.  And I agree that it's highly likely the visual effects on this will work.

atlantis

atlantis

For me...

Alien ( 1979) is the top...

When Aliens came out, I liked it..till I saw the first aliens... how simple they where killed..The whole magic and mystery was gone...and That Alien Queen thing..turned the Alien in insect like creatures..so pitty...

I don't even mention the other movies what followed...

Prometheus: I hate to see that human head..this head only distroying the complete mystery of the Alien and SJ universe for me...

I will go watch the movie when it comes out... And I really really hope, that the giant head was just a promotion stunt, to trick us in the wrong direction of how this movie will be ..

Regards: Atlantis

Mustangjeff

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 13, 2011, 01:49:10 PM

Prometheus: I hate to see that human head..this head only distroying the complete mystery of the Alien and SJ universe for me...

I will go watch the movie when it comes out... And I really really hope, that the giant head was just a promotion stunt, to trick us in the wrong direction of how this movie will be ..

I almost hope that the giant head is nothing more than a than a catalog placard for the ampules in the room.  Like going to the zoo and they have a picture of an animal with some info next to the cage.  It would be pretty need if there were other ampule rooms with different (alien) giant statues.  A pinch of this and a dash of that..  Oh crap..  That combo was a very nasty critter..

My guess is that it's the true face of the jockey, but we'll see.

JaaayDee

Brace for disappointment.

Eldritch

Yeah... the head has a pretty significant use in the movie..

ThisBethesdaSea

So, Atlantis, in no way will the movie work because of that head in the Ampule room? You think it will probably suck because of the head?

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 13, 2011, 02:19:23 PM
So, Atlantis, in no way will the movie work because of that head in the Ampule room? You think it will probably suck because of the head?

Well, it's not making Alien any better

atlantis

I just dont like the idea, that origins of human is created there..

KirklandSignature

For me...

When Aliens came out, I liked it..till I saw the first aliens... how simple they where killed..The whole magic and mystery was gone...and That Alien Queen thing..turned the Alien in insect like creatures..so pitty...

What??? Dude it's a frigging set piece. I mean I guess if you want to be all emo over a set piece then maybe this movie's not for you.

atlantis

If this movie is for me or not, I will find out when I see it  ;)
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 13, 2011, 02:34:29 PM
For me...

What??? Dude it's a frigging set piece. I mean I guess if you want to be all emo over a set piece then maybe this movie's not for you.

ThisBethesdaSea

There's context for everything, and right now, we have zero context for the head set piece in the ampule room.

In terms of science, real and true science....the evidence is there and NASA and scientists have stated that Humanity could not have gotten it start without a push from some kind of extraterrestrial or divine source (divine and extraterrestrial are an interchangeable word to me).

So it would make more then plausible sense that whatever started our race also started a similarly looking race of beings on other planets and may have tributes to their likeness of some kind?

KirklandSignature

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 13, 2011, 03:36:15 PM
There's context for everything, and right now, we have zero context for the head set piece in the ampule room.

In terms of science, real and true science....the evidence is there and NASA and scientists have stated that Humanity could not have gotten it start without a push from some kind of extraterrestrial or divine source (divine and extraterrestrial are an interchangeable word to me).

So it would make more then plausible sense that whatever started our race also started a similarly looking race of beings on other planets and may have tributes to their likeness of some kind?

That context is based on rubbish junk science. There is no evidence that humanity got "pushed" by a divine/extraterrestial force. We got here due to random chemical imbalances and pure luck, that's about it.

ThisBethesdaSea

Actually...let me restate my assertion.

NASA and the Science community has said that Life on earth needed a push, or a jump start. They do not know what, but they agree upon that fact. Based on that.....anything is possible.

Darth Vile

If it turns out that the SJ's are the 'creators', and they themselves look human... and the movie is poor... I'll be disappointed that my own thoughts/ideas on the SJ's and the derelict have been sullied. However, if the SJ's are the 'creators', and they themselves look human... and the movie is good... I'll be more than fine with that approach. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed