Need help extracting sounds for Alien RPG

Started by repkyle95, Jan 11, 2021, 06:01:42 AM

Author
Need help extracting sounds for Alien RPG (Read 2,809 times)

repkyle95

repkyle95

Hey eveyrone! I've signed up here because I am hoping perhaps someone can help me do what I want to do.

I am running the Alien RPG in Roll20, and I have been using a lot of sound to help immerse my players in the universe. So far I've been able to get by using YouTube videos and whatnot, but there are a few sounds I haven't been able to get because the only videos that show those sounds have background music and everything else going on.

So, I am trying to directly get the sounds from the games themselves, specifically Aliens vs Predator (2010), and Aliens: Colonial Marines. I am looking to get any sounds of the Matriarch (for alien queen), as well as a few gun sounds from both games (phased plasma pulse rifle from ACM), and sounds for the Charger caste xenomorph.

Problem is I literally have zero idea how to do any of this, and when I opened the Sounds folder for AVP 2010, it is an unreadable file. I looked on here at some modding advice, but the links to the needed programs are completely dead.

Could anyone tell me how to do what I want to do? Thanks in advance!

BUMP

Well, I managed to extract audio from AVP 2010, but it only seems to include cutscene audio, ambient level audio, and music - there are no sound effects (ie xenomorph, Predator, or Marine sounds/dialogue, no gun sounds, etc.) in there. Where are those? There was only one file in Sounds.

Also, I have no idea how to sort through the literal THOUSANDS of .wav files in Colonial Marines to find the Charger sounds or the XM99A Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle sound. Any help finding these would be VERY much appreciated! I literally ONLY bought Colonial Marines to extract these sounds, so I really don't want that money to have gone to waste!

FenGiddel

Would you believe I stumbled across this just today?

repkyle95

Nice. I actually have the sounds I need from Alien: Isolation. The problem is I need sounds from AVP 2010 and Aliens: Colonial Marines. From the former I need the sounds of the grenade launcher, and from the latter I need the sounds of the Charger xenomorph and the phased plasma pulse rifle (I found a video on youtube with the plasma pulse rifle in it but there is a lot of background noise). Looking on that site, the only rips they have from those two games are the soundtracks, which I don't really need.

Thanks anyways though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed