The SCP Foundation

Started by Dovahkiin, Aug 18, 2013, 06:20:23 PM

Author
The SCP Foundation (Read 13,334 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

This thread is for the discussion of all things about the fictional SCP Foundation, a government organization devoted to the containment of all anomalous objects and organisms that could threaten the normality of the human race. You could post articles on your favorite SCPs or fan works, (nothing NSFW, please. Gore is fine.) and discuss on theories and different hypotheses on what that certain SCP encompasses. This thread can also be used to discuss the game based off the articles, SCP: Containment Breach I'll start it off.

SCP-173

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173

QuoteItem #: SCP-173

Object class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Item SCP-173 is to be kept in a locked container at all times. When personnel must enter SCP-173's container, no fewer than 3 may enter at any time and the door is to be relocked behind them. At all times, two persons must maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 until all personnel have vacated and relocked the container.

Description: Moved to Site-19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.

Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty.

The reddish brown substance on the floor is a combination of feces and blood. Origin of these materials is unknown. The enclosure must be cleaned on a bi-weekly basis.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

SCP-049

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-049

QuoteItem #: SCP-049

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-049 is to be contained in a secure holding cell in Research Sector-██. SCP-049 is not to be removed from its cell unless approved by a Level Two or higher personnel, before which SCP-049 must be heavily sedated. Even so, at such times SCP-049 is to be accompanied by two (2) armed guards and guided by an iron collar, secured to two (2) iron poles 2 m in length, and held firmly by two (2) Level One or higher personnel while in transit. Any experiments performed on SCP-049 are to be conducted inside of specifically prepared rooms (see document 042-D-3-18).

SCP-049's cell should be monitored at all times via a security camera. Should any abnormal behavior occur, Doctor ████ is to be alerted at once.

Description: SCP-049 is humanoid in appearance, standing at 1.9 m tall and weighing 95.3 kg; however, the Foundation is currently incapable of studying its face and body more fully, as it is covered in what appears to be the garb of the traditional "Plague Doctor" from 15-16th century Europe. This material is actually a part of SCP-049's body, as microscopic and genetic testing show it to be similar in structure to muscle, although it feels much like rough leather, and the mask much like ceramic. It was originally discovered in ██████, England, by local police. Mobile task force [REDACTED] responded to a suspected outbreak of [DATA EXPUNGED]. All civilians within a .5km radius were given class A amnesiacs as part of the initial containment procedure.

SCP-049 does not speak (See addendum C-1), although it seems to understand English perfectly well, and is completely docile until it tries to perform surgery. SCP-049's touch is invariably lethal to humans. After contact with SCP-049's hand(s), the victim (hereafter referred to as SCP-049-2) suffers [DATA EXPUNGED] and dies within moments. SCP-049 will then attempt to kill all humans it can see in a similar manner, supposedly to avoid interruption, before returning to SCP-049-2. It produces a bag made of [DATA EXPUNGED] containing scalpels, needle, thread, and several vials of an as-yet-unidentified substance, from somewhere within its body (research has been unable to locate these tools when inside of SCP-049 through X-ray and similar techniques) and begins dissecting SCP-049-2, as well as inserting various chemicals into the body. After approximately 20 minutes, SCP-049 will sew SCP-049-2 back up and become docile once more.

After a period of a few minutes, SCP-049-2 will resume vital signs and appears to reanimate. However, SCP-049-2 seems completely without higher brain functions, and will wander aimlessly until it encounters another living human. At that point, SCP-049-2's adrenaline and endorphin levels increase to approximately three-hundred (300) percent as it attempts to kill and ██████ any human beings it can find, before returning to its mindless state and wandering until it comes across more humans. At this stage, termination with extreme prejudice is allowed. Failure to enforce this protocol outside of testing scenarios (see addendum T-049-12) is punishable by termination.

Detailed autopsies of SCP-049-2 have found several unusual substances (along with usual substances in large amounts) within the bodies, including [DATA EXPUNGED]. However, several have yet to be identified (researchers with level 3 or higher authorization, refer to Addendum C-1).

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 18, 2013, 06:20:23 PM

This thread is for the discussion of all things about the fictional SCP Foundation, a government organization devoted to the containment of all anomalous objects and organisms that could threaten the normality of the human race. You could post articles on your favorite SCPs or fan works, (nothing NSFW, please. Gore is fine.) and discuss on theories and different hypotheses on what that certain SCP encompasses. This thread can also be used to discuss the game based off the articles, SCP: Containment Breach I'll start it off.

SCP-173

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173

QuoteItem #: SCP-173

Object class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Item SCP-173 is to be kept in a locked container at all times. When personnel must enter SCP-173's container, no fewer than 3 may enter at any time and the door is to be relocked behind them. At all times, two persons must maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 until all personnel have vacated and relocked the container.

Description: Moved to Site-19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.

Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty.

The reddish brown substance on the floor is a combination of feces and blood. Origin of these materials is unknown. The enclosure must be cleaned on a bi-weekly basis.

dafook

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 18, 2013, 07:25:53 PM
SCP-049

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-049

QuoteItem #: SCP-049

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-049 is to be contained in a secure holding cell in Research Sector-██. SCP-049 is not to be removed from its cell unless approved by a Level Two or higher personnel, before which SCP-049 must be heavily sedated. Even so, at such times SCP-049 is to be accompanied by two (2) armed guards and guided by an iron collar, secured to two (2) iron poles 2 m in length, and held firmly by two (2) Level One or higher personnel while in transit. Any experiments performed on SCP-049 are to be conducted inside of specifically prepared rooms (see document 042-D-3-18).

SCP-049's cell should be monitored at all times via a security camera. Should any abnormal behavior occur, Doctor ████ is to be alerted at once.

Description: SCP-049 is humanoid in appearance, standing at 1.9 m tall and weighing 95.3 kg; however, the Foundation is currently incapable of studying its face and body more fully, as it is covered in what appears to be the garb of the traditional "Plague Doctor" from 15-16th century Europe. This material is actually a part of SCP-049's body, as microscopic and genetic testing show it to be similar in structure to muscle, although it feels much like rough leather, and the mask much like ceramic. It was originally discovered in ██████, England, by local police. Mobile task force [REDACTED] responded to a suspected outbreak of [DATA EXPUNGED]. All civilians within a .5km radius were given class A amnesiacs as part of the initial containment procedure.

SCP-049 does not speak (See addendum C-1), although it seems to understand English perfectly well, and is completely docile until it tries to perform surgery. SCP-049's touch is invariably lethal to humans. After contact with SCP-049's hand(s), the victim (hereafter referred to as SCP-049-2) suffers [DATA EXPUNGED] and dies within moments. SCP-049 will then attempt to kill all humans it can see in a similar manner, supposedly to avoid interruption, before returning to SCP-049-2. It produces a bag made of [DATA EXPUNGED] containing scalpels, needle, thread, and several vials of an as-yet-unidentified substance, from somewhere within its body (research has been unable to locate these tools when inside of SCP-049 through X-ray and similar techniques) and begins dissecting SCP-049-2, as well as inserting various chemicals into the body. After approximately 20 minutes, SCP-049 will sew SCP-049-2 back up and become docile once more.

After a period of a few minutes, SCP-049-2 will resume vital signs and appears to reanimate. However, SCP-049-2 seems completely without higher brain functions, and will wander aimlessly until it encounters another living human. At that point, SCP-049-2's adrenaline and endorphin levels increase to approximately three-hundred (300) percent as it attempts to kill and ██████ any human beings it can find, before returning to its mindless state and wandering until it comes across more humans. At this stage, termination with extreme prejudice is allowed. Failure to enforce this protocol outside of testing scenarios (see addendum T-049-12) is punishable by termination.

Detailed autopsies of SCP-049-2 have found several unusual substances (along with usual substances in large amounts) within the bodies, including [DATA EXPUNGED]. However, several have yet to be identified (researchers with level 3 or higher authorization, refer to Addendum C-1).

I love that SCP too, man. How do you think it came to exist?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

No idea, all I know is that it creeps me the f**k out  :laugh:

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Same here. There's about 2000 SCPs total if I remember right. Perhaps he was a real plague doctor from the dark ages but was cursed somehow with immortality and having to always look like that.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Oh Thank God, I'm not the only person that knows about SCP here  :laugh:

Love that stuff. There's a 682 game in production right now, too.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Holy shit, no way! I knew they were working on adding 682 to containment breach, but that's awesome.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

QuoteItem #: SCP-303

Special Containment Procedures: As SCP-303 has not yet been known to travel beyond the boundaries of Site ██, the entire area of Site ██ is currently considered SCP-303's containment area. All rooms in Site ██ are to be altered where possible so as to have two entrances separated by a distance of 10m or line of sight. Personnel are to be distributed evenly throughout the facility, with available radio or intercom contact, so that encounters may be resolved quickly. Personnel who witness SCP-303 are to be submitted for immediate psychiatric evaluation.

All SCP objects housed at Site ██ since before 6/4/10 are to be transferred to Site ██-B one at a time. Each SCP object will be transferred again to Site ██-A once it can be verified that SCP-303 has not migrated from Site ██ with it. Once SCP-303 either migrates to Site ██-B, or remains present at Site ██ once all SCPs in question have been transferred to Site ██-A, containment procedures will be updated as appropriate.

Description: Witnesses describe SCP-303 as a nude, sexless, emaciated humanoid figure with reddish-brown skin. Instead of normal facial features, its head is dominated by an extremely large mouth, which bears a set of oversized human teeth. It continually vocalizes a wheezing noise, loud enough to be heard from the other side of most solid doors. All individuals who have had encounters with SCP-303 are capable of describing it in full, including individuals who have not physically seen any part of it.

SCP-303 will periodically materialize behind any closed door, hatch, or other entryway barrier opposite a sentient observer, chosen by unknown means. SCP-303 will then remain behind the door for an indeterminate amount of time. Any individual attempting to open the door or barrier experiences intense, paralyzing fear that lasts until SCP-303 dematerializes (either on its own or to avoid being directly seen by another observer). The source of this fear is not clear, but appears to be similar in nature to arachnophobia and ophidiophobia, originating on a pre-conscious, genetic level. [DATA EXPUNGED] analysis indicates that SCP-303 is not, in fact, purposefully inducing fear in the affected individuals.

SCP-303 does not allow itself to come into direct visual contact with any observer, and has never allowed any one individual to view more than 10% of its form. When the door or other entryway barrier is partially or completely transparent, SCP-303 will materialize in an orientation that leaves 10% or less of its body visible, or cause effects of fog or frost on the transparent surface to achieve the same effect. If SCP-303 is approached from a direction in which there is not a solid object or door breaking line of sight, it will dematerialize before direct visual contact is made.

Any electronic or complex mechanical devices that SCP-303 encounters are temporarily disabled. SCP-303 has made no recorded attempt to physically or verbally engage any observer.

How SCP-303 arrived at Site ██ is not known at this time. SCP-303's first recorded appearance was on 3/1/10. It is suspected that SCP-303 was inadvertently transferred along with or manifested by another SCP on-site. All SCPs on Site ██ are being reexamined accordingly.

Spoiler
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-093
Spoiler
Read the test logs...
[close]
[close]

Additional:

Another long read.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-610

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 19, 2013, 12:36:16 AM
Holy shit, no way! I knew they were working on adding 682 to containment breach, but that's awesome.
It's a co-op survival game. It's technically an FPS, but you can't stall 682 the same way twice, you eventually have to start getting creative. To my knowledge, there is no current way to actually kill 682, as it should be, so I think it's based primarily on how long you can survive. I have an Alpha build of the game. It's pretty decent so far, a few bugs here and there, though it is still in alpha. The version I have doesn't seem to have working online servers, though.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: RazorSlash on Aug 19, 2013, 07:37:05 PM
It's a co-op survival game. It's technically an FPS, but you can't stall 682 the same way twice, you eventually have to start getting creative. To my knowledge, there is no current way to actually kill 682, as it should be, so I think it's based primarily on how long you can survive. I have an Alpha build of the game. It's pretty decent so far, a few bugs here and there, though it is still in alpha. The version I have doesn't seem to have working online servers, though.

what's it like trying to escape 682?

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 19, 2013, 07:52:42 PM

A mix of terrifying and frustrating. If you're not careful, he can sneak up behind you, which does tend to get annoying. One of my favorite moments in the game is when I locked myself in a small corridor, and I heard 682, but could not pinpoint which direction he was coming from, leaving be stuck and helpless in this corridor, unable to trust opening one of the doors.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: RazorSlash on Aug 19, 2013, 07:54:57 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 19, 2013, 07:52:42 PM

A mix of terrifying and frustrating. If you're not careful, he can sneak up behind you, which does tend to get annoying. One of my favorite moments in the game is when I locked myself in a small corridor, and I heard 682, but could not pinpoint which direction he was coming from, leaving be stuck and helpless in this corridor, unable to trust opening one of the doors.

Is there any way you can send me a link for the alpha? My nads are pumped for that game now.

Aspie

Aspie

huh, these are actually pretty compelling reads.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 19, 2013, 11:15:38 PM
huh, these are actually pretty compelling reads.
This. I'm gonna have to get around it eventually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed