William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 19, 2019, 02:10:54 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019 (Read 39,816 times)

Glaive

I'm pretty sure the sum-total of Ripley's 'lines' in (at least the first draft) was ...

"ARGGGGHHHHHH!....."

Also, and I MUST be a masochist, any word on Eric Red's script turning up in either comic or audiobook form?

It's truly awful, but I'd like to see/ hear it...if only for that ridiculous ending...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 23, 2019, 02:44:51 PM
Also, and I MUST be a masochist, any word on Eric Red's script turning up in either comic or audiobook form?

I'm the same. I'd be interested in seeing all of them adapted in some fashion, if only to visualize the insanity. But no, no word.

cloverfan98

This is so awesome sounding I can't wait to hear this! It'd essentially be the same as a straight up adaptation of the original comics but I'd love to hear an audio drama based on the Aliens Vs. Predator The Hunt script.

Perfect-Organism

I wonder what the agenda is behind doing all this Gibson Alien 3 material at this time is...  hmmm...

The Old One

The Old One

Doing the unmade before the remade?

Huggs

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 25, 2019, 12:16:04 AM
I wonder what the agenda is behind doing all this Gibson Alien 3 material at this time is...  hmmm...

The same thing the shorts are for.

Testing the waters.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 25, 2019, 12:16:04 AM

I think it might have been because it's something Fox had been told fans would be interested in. I know I was one of several folk telling them there would be interest for this.

Monster Man

Here's hoping Michael Biehn and Lance Henriksen reprise their roles.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Monster Man on Apr 25, 2019, 10:26:01 AM

It's been confirmed they will.  :)

Wweyland

This thing is quite awesome. Haven't listened to any Alien audiobooks yet but guess I will start.

HuDaFuK

You should give the previous dramas from Audible a go.

I'm not a fan of regular audiobooks - I'd far rather read the book myself - but these dramas are much more than someone just narrating the novel.

Glaive

I'll be honest in saying I often prefer the 'what ifs' over so-called 'canon'...You eventually get sick about the same infestations and Colonial Marines coming in to fix it fan-fiction...It truly gets boring.

Check out Vincent Ward's "The Navigator" and then read his script to give you an inkling of what it might be like.

If Giger was still around...he'd still be amazed his art was still relevent.

I love you all...

Monster Man

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 25, 2019, 10:33:47 AM
Quote from: Monster Man on Apr 25, 2019, 10:26:01 AM

It's been confirmed they will.  :)

Damn that's awesome. The people who make these audiobooks have a lot of pull with their casting like having Rutger Hauer in Out of the Shadows to Colin Salmon in River of Pain.

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 25, 2019, 03:30:10 PM
I'll be honest in saying I often prefer the 'what ifs' over so-called 'canon'...You eventually get sick about the same infestations and Colonial Marines coming in to fix it fan-fiction...It truly gets boring.

Check out Vincent Ward's "The Navigator" and then read his script to give you an inkling of what it might be like.

If Giger was still around...he'd still be amazed his art was still relevent.

I love you all...

I agree with you on this. Perhaps this all comes from not being so constrained by what's 'canon' and allowed to go crazy.

Also speaking of Vincent Ward, here's a visualization of his script for Alien³ -- http://vincentwardfilms.com/project/concepts/alien-3/graphic-novel-in-8-parts/part-1/#

[cancerblack]

Corporal Hicks

We've got the cover art now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed