Was Vickers going to leave Shaw for dead?

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 08, 2021, 09:51:01 AM

Author
Was Vickers going to leave Shaw for dead? (Read 4,571 times)

RidgeTop

This is a scene I always wondered about.

When the bridge crew realizes that Shaw is still alive, Vickers says "We're not stopping anything Shaw, we're going home" which I took to imply:

"Get your ass on board because we are leaving."

But after Shaw appeals further, Vickers says to Janeck "Let's go, get this ship moving."

Did anyone take that to mean Vickers decided in that moment to leave Shaw behind?

BlueMarsalis79

I just think it's Prometheus' script not fully thinking that stuff through to the logical conclusions, that's not what happens so why bother to check if it makes any sense, kind of carefree attitude.

Evanus

I think Vickers was ready to leave Shaw behind, or didn't particularly care either way.

BlueMarsalis79

And yet runs contrary to Vicker's reaction to killing Holloway, it's just, not thought through at all unfortunately.

Huggs

Vickers would've done whatever was necessary in order to live.

SiL

I think by that point in the story she was absolutely willing to let the self righteous bitch die, yes.

Wweyland

Arent 3 Prometheus crew members still stranded on the planet as well? They take off during the zombie attack in a vehicle and are never mentioned again.
The script has worse issues than Alien 3.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 13, 2021, 09:17:32 PM
Arent 3 Prometheus crew members still stranded on the planet as well? They take off during the zombie attack in a vehicle and are never mentioned again.

Presumably dolphin-boy got em eventually.

windebieste

The vehicle used to kill Fifield is the RT01. Later in the movie, the very same vehicle is used by Weyland to reach the pyramid. So at some point, those crew members returned and are aboard the Prometheus when it is destroyed.

Besides, why is it so important to know what happens to them?

I guess you'll be asking for complete obituaries at the end of Star Wars to account for all the people who died on Alderaan. lol

-Windebieste.

Wweyland

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 14, 2021, 01:24:50 AM
The vehicle used to kill Fifield is the RT01. Later in the movie, the very same vehicle is used by Weyland to reach the pyramid. So at some point, those crew members returned and are aboard the Prometheus when it is destroyed.

Besides, why is it so important to know what happens to them?

I guess you'll be asking for complete obituaries at the end of Star Wars to account for all the people who died on Alderaan. lol

-Windebieste.
Sorry, I must not be in the correct forum?
It raises some interesting questions, like why Janek did not warn them to evacuate later?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

There is a clause in their contract which specifically states, that in the event the captain goes full kamikaze, they are to remain onboard, under penalty of total forfeiture of shares.

No money.

RidgeTop

I just figured they were the security team that was taken out by the Engineer after the encounter.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 13, 2021, 09:17:32 PM

Editing problems.

BlueMarsalis79

Because here's your driver.

Immortan Jonesy

According to the making off, Fifield's attack was originaly at the same time Weyland and the team were getting into the vehicles. Later an editor suggested to Scott that the attack should be after the cesarean sequence as it was necessary "for something to happen after that". I bet it was Shaw who run over the bastard with the apc.  :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed