Prime 1 Collectables

Started by AnthaiHero, Jul 29, 2018, 03:49:44 AM

Author
Prime 1 Collectables (Read 40,087 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

To me, these pics are definitely not spot on, facially or the bio-mask. But alas, to each their own! :)

SiL

SiL

Could you be specific?

I can see the mask is a bit too square and the eyebrows aren't quite right in the angry face.

Billiken

Billiken

I love Predator 2 but I can't justify this price not especially after I got infinity and prime Predator 2

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Apr 29, 2022, 11:24:38 PM
Could you be specific?

I can see the mask is a bit too square and the eyebrows aren't quite right in the angry face.

Well, I'll start with the bio-mask. I just took this pic on the left, which is my HCG 1:1 Collectible Bio-Mask, which is the only commercial replica that is molded from an actual film used bio-mask versus a new sculpt. (Caveating I know there were slight variations between stunt and non-stunt masks, and promo shots varied from what was often seen in film).

On the right is a pic from Prime1:

On the Prime 1, for starters, the mask's eye slits appear just a bit too geometric and machined, the mask's cheekbones appear a bit too narrow, and the mask's breather portion appears to protrude outward a bit too much at the bottom.

Prime 1's bio-mask is still nice, but at that level of cost, I'd personally want it more accurate. If it was cheaper, I wouldn't be as nitpicky.  :)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Kradan

Voodoo is gotta be all like:

Billiken

Billiken

Just pre ordered. Farking huge

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on May 13, 2022, 01:02:24 PMVoodoo is gotta be all like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN_OoBQVpxQ

No, I'll stay calm. ;D

But thanks to Blue's shared video, this is what you get when you don't lock the aspect ratio on your reference photos... a scrunched City Hunter head!

Master Chief

Master Chief

You definitely altered those yourself.  And here I thought were you better than that. smh  :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master Chief on May 20, 2022, 02:21:28 PMYou definitely altered those yourself.  And here I thought were you better than that. smh  :P

Umm. ? Huh? You're saying I altered the aspect ratio from the video Blue shared? Because I didn't. Biting my tongue here.

Here's a screenshot I just took from my phone.

May 22, 2022, 07:12:14 AM

Now screenshots from YouTube app.

So is this a joke I'm misreading @Master Chief ?

Kradan

Kradan

I KNEW IT ! I knew that Voodoo went and altered every pic of ADI Preds on the Internet to make them look bad so he could frame ADI as being bad at doing Preds  ! I knew it !

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ah, a joke. Sorry. Guess I'm not as good as reading them as I used to be!

Master Chief

Master Chief

haha forgiven. I appreciate how you pointed out the differences.   ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The tongue emoji was there! That's the universal emoji of playfulness!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

So that emoji doesn't refer to sexual innuendo? Wow, now I have to go back and recontextualize every post ever directed towards me! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed