USCSSS Nostromo - Alien - The Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 15, 2018, 02:13:30 PM

Author
USCSSS Nostromo - Alien - The Board Game (Read 37,450 times)

FenGiddel

Patience! I hear they're hiring temps for the holidays, so who knows? You might open the door to this guy delivering the thing...

irn

Quote from: FenGiddel on Dec 20, 2020, 07:32:57 PM
Patience! I hear they're hiring temps for the holidays, so who knows? You might open the door to this guy delivering the thing...

As long as he's wearing a mask.

FenGiddel

À la "2020"

irn

Finally! Mine arrived today.

Kailem

So do we know what happened with all the plagiarism accusations and whatnot? Obviously it all got sorted somehow if it's actually shipping now.

I'd definitely be interested to hear some impressions from people who are getting it.

irn

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 25, 2020, 03:30:46 PM
So do we know what happened with all the plagiarism accusations and whatnot? Obviously it all got sorted somehow if it's actually shipping now.

I'd definitely be interested to hear some impressions from people who are getting it.

I'm not totally sure but I'm guessing 20th Century Fox endorsed it in the end and licensed it for a cut of the royalties as their logo is all over it.

Corporal Hicks

My copy finally arrived yesterday. It looks like Mike Tyson's been practising with it. Not too happy there. The tail on my Alien figure sits below the figure base, causing it to not sit even on the table. So, just a bit miffed with this one. Not even bothered looking at the rules yet.

Kailem

That seems like a pretty big oversight. It always amazed me how and why such obvious things like that get past their quality control and approval processes.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 01, 2021, 02:57:36 PMThe tail on my Alien figure sits below the figure base, causing it to not sit even on the table.

The Hot Water Trick might help you here: put that baby in a bowl of hot water until it becomes pliable, bend it back into shape, then stick him in the freezer for a few hours.

Very much looking forward to your review!  :)

[cancerblack]

The freezer probably isn't necessary, just have a bowl of boiling water and a bowl of ice water. 

irn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 01, 2021, 02:57:36 PM
My copy finally arrived yesterday. It looks like Mike Tyson's been practising with it. Not too happy there. The tail on my Alien figure sits below the figure base, causing it to not sit even on the table. So, just a bit miffed with this one. Not even bothered looking at the rules yet.

I had a small hole in the back of the box and it looks very slightly crushed on the edges but the contents are fine.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 01, 2021, 02:57:36 PM

So, nearly 10 months later, Shevvie and I and another bud had a go of this last week. Controversy of the game engine aside, it was actually pretty good. Played very different to any of the other Alien board games, and the system did a good job of feeling very appropriate to the franchise. It wasn't so much about moving things around the board, as in being a bit of a psychological game and baiting the other players into mistakes. I'd actually recommend it.

Mr. Clemens

Thank you for the update! Been looking forward to hearing about this. Was sorely tempted to buy Alien: Fate of the Nostromo until I found out characters can't get killed in that game. How does this game chalk up to the source material?

SiL

I'm hijacking and Necro posting because I got Fate of the Nostromo and the whole not killing the crew thing is actually a really nice feature for a co-op game. Not having people sit out for 40 minutes while everyone else plays because they died on turn two makes for a much more enjoyable experience  :laugh:

Has anyone played both?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed