New Prometheus Concept Art

Started by Darkness, May 16, 2012, 06:14:06 PM

Author
New Prometheus Concept Art (Read 7,693 times)

Darkness

Darkness

The Hollywood Reporter have got a nice little Prometheus feature up. It’s sort of a preview of the upcoming May 25 issue of the Hollywood Reporter magazine. They’ve posted two new concept art pieces from the film as well as a couple of behind-the-scenes shots. The article also revealed the Prometheus budget to be between $120M to $130M and contains 1300 CGI shots. They’ve posted a lot of other snippets of information too. It should be a nice little article when the magazine comes out.

Early version of the orrery, thanks to Leif Beckmann and Sean Kennedy for their help in providing a starting point for previsualisation.
Magellan Arrives
Prometheus
Prometheus Landing
Prometheus Bridge
Logan Marshall-Green
Charlize Theron

Thanks to seeasea for the news.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

New creature defined as "every woman's worst nightmare".

Interesting...

"I don't like the word 'prequel' because it communicates to an audience that they already know the ending."

Really, Lindelof? Really? This is the sole reason you dislike terming it a prequel, even though it is one? Oy... At least we now know the reason for this back-and-forth about it.

I hope the "pissed off" quote is out of context, because if he still feels that way, it's... Strange. Cameron had bothered to put together a story and script it. I don't recall anything about Scott doing similar for an 'Alien' sequel.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

It's more that no one asked that perturbed him.  We've never really been privy to those details.

But it's hardly Scott vs. Cameron.  They seem to have a very healthy respect for each other's contribution and respective films.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping the quote is out of context. It seems bizarre to infer he still holds some sort of grudge after all this time.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I suppose he has a right to say that he was pissed off, it's not as if he himself is still saying that he's still pissed off

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 17, 2012, 07:44:50 AM
I hope the "pissed off" quote is out of context, because if he still feels that way, it's... Strange. Cameron had bothered to put together a story and script it. I don't recall anything about Scott doing similar for an 'Alien' sequel.
Scott was talking about his idea of an Alien II way back in 1983/4 - he had no idea Cameron had already written Aliens. I imagine he found out about it when the first trailers hit or whenever it hit Starlog and the like. He had a right to feel pissed off about that - however, the article makes it out to be the source of a feud between Cameron and Scott, which simply doesn't exist. Scott praised Aliens, and allegedly even turned down Alien III in order to direct other movies. He's only ever said he was upset about not being asked to do Alien II because he thought he'd done very well with the first. Brandywine and Fox it seems just ignored him outright.

Eva

Eva

That's mirrors my impression. Aliens storywriter Cameron wasn't hired to direct as well until Terminator came out and became a hit.

Besides, it seems that Ridleys visit to Camerons Avatar production, might have been one of several factors, convincing him to direct Prometheus himself. Cameron is quoted as having told Ridley flat out, that he should be doing sci-fi instead of making films about winemaking in France  :D

PS: that second concept art pic - that's totally Tatooine  ;)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 17, 2012, 07:44:50 AM
New creature defined as "every woman's worst nightmare".

One woman's nightmare ... is another woman's dream.  :laugh:

Ooze on First

Ooze on First

Being a guy, I'm really not sure what  'every woman's nightmare' might entail.  ???
We've already seen every (straight) man's nightmare in the Milburn scene.  ;D

Bat Chain Puller

Seriously though ... "every woman's nightmare" has to have deeper meaning than just how it physically appears. There must be something exceptionally treacherous in terms of reproduction and the mother/child connection that will zing them in places they didn't know they had. 

Spoiler
We already know some human/alien/android thing comes out of Shaw and grows up and possibly is the genesis of some new/old strain of alien evil. 
[close]

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 17, 2012, 03:13:05 PM
Being a guy, I'm really not sure what  'every woman's nightmare' might entail.  ???
We've already seen every (straight) man's nightmare in the Milburn scene.  ;D

I can tell you that's a big gay nightmare too - I mean, there is limit to what you can stuff in your gob  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed