Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening

Started by Stolen, Apr 27, 2017, 05:26:51 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening (Read 58,209 times)

SpeedyMaxx

That is a very broad definition of 'ego trip'. On either that or AR.

echobbase79

On Alien 3, Weaver only wanted Walter Hill and David Giler to write the script. She supported Fincher as director. I think they even had a small romance on set. The problem on that film is that they never had a script.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 01, 2017, 03:12:39 AM
On Alien 3, Weaver only wanted Walter Hill and David Giler to write the script.

Well, I can't fault her for thinking only a handful of writers 'get' Ripley. The clumsy work other writers did on A3 prior to the final film helped further her concerns. And I don't know whether it was Fincher's rewrites or theirs in the final version, but I did think the character was definitely mostly on point when I rewatched it a week or two ago, for the first time in many years.

QuoteShe supported Fincher as director. I think they even had a small romance on set.

That explains a lot.

BishopShouldGo

Hopefully they didn't have a romance. She was married and had a kid.

SpeedyMaxx

It's Hollywood, baby.

Alienguy

Alienguy

I really want this Alien 5 a lot more as any "Pseudo Alien movie" that Scott ever will release.Fox is so stupid..a Alien 5 with Ripley,Hicks and the other stuff would be a blockbuster.Look at Star Wars...Retro with new elements is the way to go!;-)

whiterabbit

How the hell is AlienĀ³ still alive. I was certain that it was finished but lo and behold it's still here. It's almost as if it was killed and then resurrected.

T Dog

Guys, Blomkamp just got Louis C.Ked.

Spoiler for the end of a series of Louis -  the Louis character is under the assumption that he is about to land a deal to take over hosting David Lettermens massively popular late night talk show. He is strung along for the entire season and is being groomed to take over. In the end its revealed that he was just being used as a pawn so that the studio could renegotiate David Lettermans contract/salary by making him believe they had a popular youbd comedian ready to take over immediately.

In the case of Alien the studio dangled Blomkamp as a carrot in front of Ridley and said "you either hurry up and make Alien your next movie and Alien the shit out of it.......or we are going with this guy and hes doing Alien 5".

Case in point, I believe Blomkamp was just used as a pawn and the studio never had any intention of making Alien 5.

Kel G 426

You may be right.  Prometheus 2 seemed to be nonexistent before Blomkamp released his concept art.

An At The Mountains Of Madness film is all but dead thanks to Prometheus, and now Alien 5 is getting T-boned by the sequel.  Damn you, FOX & Ridley!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPbjPOgRtyA

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Alienguy on May 01, 2017, 09:41:29 AM
I really want this Alien 5 a lot more as any "Pseudo Alien movie" that Scott ever will release.Fox is so stupid..a Alien 5 with Ripley,Hicks and the other stuff would be a blockbuster.Look at Star Wars...Retro with new elements is the way to go!;-)

Blomkamp ISN'T Abrahms. J.J. is very famous and people doesn't care about Neil.

Only we(few people) cared about Alien 5.

Quote from: Kelgaard on May 01, 2017, 04:56:19 PM
You may be right.  Prometheus 2 seemed to be nonexistent before Blomkamp released his concept art.

An At The Mountains Of Madness film is all but dead thanks to Prometheus, and now Alien 5 is getting T-boned by the sequel.  Damn you, FOX & Ridley!

Be real. Sir Ridley Scott has more power than Guillermo Del Toro and Neil Blomkamp.

The movies of Guillermo Del Toro and Neil Blomkamp USUALLY are FAILURES at the box office. Those 2 NEVER made box office champions like THE MARTIAN.

T Dog

Quote from: PierreVW on May 01, 2017, 05:37:39 PM

Be real. Sir Ridley Scott has more power than Guillermo Del Toro and Neil Blomkamp.

The movies of Guillermo Del Toro and Neil Blomkamp USUALLY are FAILURES at the box office. Those 2 NEVER made box office champions like THE MARTIAN.
But both those films WERE canned for being too close to or stepping on the toes of what Scott was planning on doing.

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

Kelgaard, I'd like this shut down right now, I see this assumption in other places, particularly Youtube. Scott's film was given the go ahead BEFORE Blomkamp published his artwork on Twitter, and even then Blomkamp must have know Scott intended to follow up Prometheus as he'd said as much before it was even released back in 2012.

Maybe I wouldn't mind seeing what he could offer in some way, but in the end It was very poor form on Blomkamp's behalf and he only has himself to blame. 

PierreVW

Quote from: T Dog on May 01, 2017, 06:09:50 PM
Quote from: PierreVW on May 01, 2017, 05:37:39 PM

But both those films WERE canned for being too close to or stepping on the toes of what Scott was planning on doing.

I doubt that. Guillermo Del Toro wanted 175 Million USD for his Dream movie. Universal NEVER agrees with him.

Del Toro is a CULT director. He isn't James Cameron or Sir Ridley Scott whose can get 200 Millions. Studios NEVER give Huge budgets to lesser knowns like Guillermo and Neil.

Local Trouble

Quote from: PierreVW on May 02, 2017, 03:06:33 AMDel Toro is a CULT director. He isn't James Cameron or Sir Ridley Scott whose can get 200 Millions. Studios NEVER give Huge budgets to lesser knowns like Guillermo and Neil.

What about Luke Scott?  I heard a rumor that he might be directing the next Alien prequel.

DaddyYautja

so now we are stuck with Ridley doing the same money again and again?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed