Horizontal derelict?

Started by Infected, Feb 18, 2012, 09:36:13 PM

Author
Horizontal derelict? (Read 10,074 times)

Infected

Infected

I just watched the slowed down clip on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvBtMS-cRiY#ws

At 1:50 they open the ramp and in front of them you can see a shaped craft like the derelict if you look good or play with it in Photoshop.

to me it clearly seems to be the derelict but in horizontal form you can see the claw like structure,
so is this LV-426 before it was destroyed or just one of the planetoids.
anyway take a look.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

It doesn't look like it to me, but I could be wrong. It may be a structure that is reminiscent of it, being of the same architects and all. The 'cone' on the top is too big, and it seems far too rectangular to me. I may be missing something though so if someone can point out the derelict bits that would help.

It sure is intriguing though, either a ship of some kind or temple. Certainly not part of the landscape.

-Chris

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

It could very well be the engineers ship, i'm on the fence about this and am stumped but yes i do see your point it does have a resemblance.

higherprimate

higherprimate

To me it was strange how the derelict was horizontal  in the preview then again we don't really know how it lands. I assumed it was in a sort of landing position in alien allthough it may of crashed I know that is debatable lol

LarsVader

LarsVader

First I'd like to add a better screenshot (slightly corrected dynamics):

But now to the main part:
I highly doubt that it's the ship.

I guess/hope it is a temple like structure.
I think they are gonna resurrect the silo/pyramid idea from the early ALIEN scripts.
I'll try to explain;
This was an early concept of the top-entry of the pyramid:

This was Giger's take on this:

And these are from Giger's work for Dune shortly done before Alien:

To me those Giger designs are related to another. He even put that spiky trench on the pyramid so that the astronauts could climb to the top opening.

Now look at this:

And now this:

To me this looks almost like the Dune thingy and the astronauts enter at the face.

We all know that there will be a giant face inside some temple in Prometheus.
There is even talk of new Giger murals, like in the original Alien concepts.

Prometheus originally took off as an Alien remake and it still seems to incorporate some elements from early versions of Alien.

To me the structure in the trailer looks a bit like a combination of the first Dune image and the structure from the ridleygrams, just with some wall around it.

Great post LarsVader! I agree 100%

In fact, the profile of the Dune image you highlighted is almost identical to the 'dome section' within the 'walled enclosure' from the Prometheus scene:

(I flipped the Giger Dune image ;))

Cvalda

Cvalda

I've always thought it looks like a redesign of some of Giger's landscape/temple pieces, like this one:

Given that the only Giger designs confirmed by Scott are some "murals" that take place near the beginning of the film, this temple/whatever they are driving toward may be our first glimpse at one of the new Giger designs.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 19, 2012, 12:42:40 AM

In fact, the profile of the Dune image you highlighted is almost identical to the 'dome section' within the 'walled enclosure' from the Prometheus scene:

Thanks! Exactly.

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 19, 2012, 01:22:55 AM
I've always thought it looks like a redesign of some of Giger's landscape/temple pieces, like this one:

Given that the only Giger designs confirmed by Scott are some "murals" that take place near the beginning of the film, this temple/whatever they are driving toward may be our first glimpse at one of the new Giger designs.
That one is actually based on this:

Even if all Giger did this time are some murals, it doesn't mean that there isn't more Giger in it.
Re-imagined 1978/79 Giger work isn't exactly new work. But might be in Prometheus nonetheless.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Very nice!

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 19, 2012, 01:22:55 AM

That's Giger's homage to Bocklin, not really an original work. BUT! Giger'scapes are always lovely, homage or original.

bioweapon

bioweapon

this is so cool if its true. a giger landscape would be a big surprise.

I know some of you already saw this in the trailer but is so little and so fast that indicates me how well is made.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 19, 2012, 12:17:36 AM
First I'd like to ad a better screenshot (slightly corrected dynamics):

But now to the main part:
I highly doubt that it's the ship.

I guess/hope it is a temple like structure.
I think they are gonna resurrect the silo/pyramid idea from the early ALIEN scripts.
I'll try to explain;
This was an early concept of the top-entry of the pyramid:

This was Giger's take on this:

And these are from Giger's work for Dune shortly done before Alien:

Nice HD look on it,
i defintely thinks its this one and then a little modification with the shape of a derlict ship.
Maybe its an old ship maybe a structure.
Could be were the one jockey turned on the other ones and decapitated the one.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I admit that I've been hoping that it's not a structure that looks like the Harkonnen castle since some of us are probably too familiar with the design, but maybe I'm starting to find my threads for denial getting fewer and fewer

fiveways

fiveways

God I wish that version of Dune had been made......

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

If that was a derelict type ship there it would not be horizontal but at an angle in both planes, that would be the only way to hide the other protrusions in this picture. If this is the case then we can only assume that artificial gravity is switched on when David and Elizabeth enter the ship to keep them on the level.

bioweapon

bioweapon

it seems like the Dune work BEHIND other structure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed