Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past'

Started by Valaquen, Mar 15, 2011, 03:24:12 AM

Author
Part of Prometheus set 'millions of years in the past' (Read 33,184 times)

SiL

I know, I was just wondering where the assertion that they were definitely telepathic came from. Didn't mean to come across as rude, just surprised :P

Wobblyboddle77

ok buddy no probs  :D

JaaayDee

Quote from: SiL on Mar 28, 2011, 06:34:54 AM
... how does that quote confirm they're for cockpit stations? All he says is they look good.

Because unix commands aren't really much.  Unless they're stylized like Mother's interface.

dandan

Quote from: SiL on Mar 28, 2011, 10:05:56 AM
I know, I was just wondering where the assertion that they were definitely telepathic came from. Didn't mean to come across as rude, just surprised :P

tbh no one knows but ridley him self and his crew whats going on... so no one can say that jockeys don't use  telepathic to control there ships how do you know that ? they could do ? but no one knows

Teape

Just signed up here, so forgive me.  However I've read 80% of the Aliens EU stuff and it's a common theme throughout that the SJs and Aliens are telepathic, particularly Outbreak aka Earth Hive, and Female War.  Sometimes its pheromones, sometimes its "royal jelly" causing hallucinations.  DEFINITELY not saying that the creators of Prometheus are reading this stuff, but some of the news tidbits have been strikingly similar to what was done by Dark Horse in the 90's.

Vulhala

Welcome to the site mate :)

predxeno

Yeah, welcome.  Always nice to have someone well versed in the EU here, like me. :D

Teape

Thanks for the welcome.  Glad to be somewhere where we can speculate on the real nuts and bolts of this thing.

predxeno

EU=real nuts and bolts

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;D

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 29, 2011, 08:14:44 PM
EU=real nuts and bolts

I'm picturing a chair from Ikea with only three legs attached and a box of nails hammered into the armrests.

Now where did those instructions get to...

predxeno

Chet ate them.

Sharp Sticks

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Vulhala

Teape

Anywhoo...

Space Jockey's rule the universe millions of years ago by using the xenos, it gets outta hand, things go bad.  Archaeologists in the future find some of their bio-tech.  They use the tech to more properly chart courses through space via a big giger head, think System Shock woman giger face thing.  Bio-tech head is inevitably linked telepathically to remaining Space Jockeys.  Thus bringing the curious Noomi and the others face to face with said Jockeys where secrets of the universe are revealed.  Maybe the Jockeys see this as some sort of opportunity to reclaim their place as gods of the universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed