We have AvP's PG-13 rating to thank for AvP 2!!!! Read on...

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Feb 17, 2007, 06:23:15 PM

Author
We have AvP's PG-13 rating to thank for AvP 2!!!! Read on... (Read 2,834 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Think about it, if it was changed to rated R with only a few added swear words, it wouldn't have made as much money! Since it was PG-13, all the poseur kids who haven't seen the originals snuck into it, making it more money, WARRANTING A TRUE SEQUEL GOING BACK TO IT'S ROOTS!!!

Think about it...

SiL

Teenagers still would've gone to see it, and it would've garnered a much larger adult audience. DVD sales would've been just as high, if not higher.

In general, teenagers dig the whole gore, violence, and swearing stuff anyway. You're more likely to put them off a movie by not having any of it in the movie, then having the levels of, say, Predator.

And I can't really believe people have been waiting nearly twenty years for a pizza boy, ex-con, sheriff who, dangit, just don't quite get the respect he deserves and a war-mum reconciling with her estranged family in a tube-top to save the day against Aliens and Predators duking it out in their hometown on modern-day Earth :-\

BrokenTusk

you make it sound like Feast   ::)

Shaak

If that was the intention then there's another reason to avoid AvP >:(

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I'm willing to give the Strause brothers a chance with this since they work on several projects, even though this is their first film that they are directing.

For Feast, that was the director's first major project.

Newsfop

Regardless of the rating, my dad will be happy. He's the oldest kid I know.  :D

Hankerson

When I was a teenager the only R rated film I ever snuck into was "Species 2".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed