Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,612 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 22, 2019, 10:56:48 PM
Isolations great, but not because of Amanda Ripley.

I don't think that's the message they received.

The Old One

The Old One

Misinterpretation's a bitch.

Corporal Hicks

I think it's unfair to say she contributed nothing towards Isolation. She made the entire premise of that narrative work and the emotional pay-off when she hear's Ripley's message...amazing.

Now I'm not saying the gameplay wouldn't work otherwise. It would. But there's plenty of people shouting for Isolation 2 and they're often talking about finishing off Amanda's story. So, no, I wouldn't say they're misinterpreting. As much as I've enjoyed Blackout, they are missing the mark in that it is Isolation 2 they want to experience that story in.

Perfect-Organism

Mandy was pivotal!  Have a heart people.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 22, 2019, 09:49:44 PM
Marvel probably can't wait to get a hold of Alien and Predator.

To be honest, seeing Marvel's finest take on either Alien, Predator, or both at the same time would be cool to see. I personally enjoyed Batman vs Predator series so perhaps they can hit a home run with a Marvel crossover?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2019, 12:02:42 PM
I think it's unfair to say she contributed nothing towards Isolation.

I̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶.̶

Isolation's great, but because of Amanda Ripley? No.

Again;
All entries in the series that have forced the inclusion of something/someone Ripley have suffered from it.
Isolation's a fluke, that succeeded because Amanda Ripley had no character- we filled her shoes.
So when she was saying goodbye to Ellen Ripley for the last time, so were we.

& Amanda Ripley's purpose is fulfilled narratively and thematically with that conclusion.

I said that.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 23, 2019, 04:01:11 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 22, 2019, 09:49:44 PM
Marvel probably can't wait to get a hold of Alien and Predator.

To be honest, seeing Marvel's finest take on either Alien, Predator, or both at the same time would be cool to see. I personally enjoyed Batman vs Predator series so perhaps they can hit a home run with a Marvel crossover?

Punisher Vs. PREDATOR?

The Old One

The Old One

Franchise intersection's generally, good and bad, dumb fun.

But full film quality? No TY.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 23, 2019, 05:42:42 PM

No one mentioned film.

At least that's what I gathered with the reference to Batman Vs. PREDATOR. Which we both know was a comic series.

Nevertheless I agree. No film crossovers between A L I E N and PREDATOR with either MARVEL or Star Wars.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien or anything cinematic, period.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 23, 2019, 06:10:04 PM
Alien or anything cinematic, period.

AVP3. That's where I wholly disagree. I know your stance on that. However mine is the exact opposite.

So here's to hoping for an AVP3 that's actually a great film. One worthy of both franchises pedigree.

Voodoo Magic

Mr.Turok

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 23, 2019, 05:42:42 PM

I'm just imagining the end of the latest Avengers movie, after credits we see a Predator fleet coming in and the Avengers are just freaking out to what's going on and then behind Tony Stark you hear a robotic voice and you see the Predator Killer uncloaking, having McKenna unmask himself "Looks like they are finally coming to town for a few days to kill", cut to black.

I can hear the agonizing screaming oh boy..... :laugh: If the Predator series is going to be that goofy then it should just go like this, its over in my eyes just go all the way now......no not really pls don't I just can't....one part is screaming no and the other has a strong morbid curiosity.

The Old One

The Old One

No thank you lol! I'm not that desperate yet!  :D

QuotePredator in particular would be able to involve itself in more creative and ambitious works if it was not incorporated in Alien's world and tone.
A tone, which never in total suited Predator.

SuperiorIronman

Predator is one of those franchises it's wrong it's so goofy but at the same time I would be more than willing to watch a super powered slugfest with Predators. Morbid curiosity maybe, but growing up on Concrete Jungle, if the Predator picked a fight with Moon Knight or even Darkhawk that wouldn't be the weirdest thing this franchise has ever done and we had spec-ops hookers. What the Hell even is this franchise  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed