Aliens: The Essential Comics

Started by Russ840, Apr 23, 2018, 09:27:48 PM

Author
Aliens: The Essential Comics (Read 8,507 times)

Corporal Hicks

Picked this up for myself today. I think it's the same digital colouring but it just looks better for some reason. Maybe a different printing process? It certainly looks better than it does in Omnibus #1.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2019, 07:03:39 PM
Picked this up for myself today. I think it's the same digital colouring but it just looks better for some reason. Maybe a different printing process? It certainly looks better than it does in Omnibus #1.

I had a look at it today in my local comic shop. I appreciated the regular size of the pages - something that always annoyed me about the original omnibus editions. That said I own the original release book 1 trade, the fancy pants Book 2 hardcover in recent years and also the original omnibus... I'm still not convinced I need this version. Think I might go buy that 30th Anniversary Book 1 hardcover if I can find it online instead.

Do Darkhorse plan on releasing more volumes like this though?

Corporal Hicks

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 31, 2019, 06:16:03 PM
More are planned!

https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/status/1091032183467257856

Brilliant! That's great news. Now what to do with my old Omnibus editions ...  ???

The Old One

The Old One

Keep 'em.

The Essential Comics won't include everything I reckon.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'd be surprised to see them include as much as the Omnibus do. Honestly, though, I'm interested in these so I can have the others in the larger format.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

"Essential" implies a selection whereas "Omnibus" implies all (even thought it wasn't lol).

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Im going to take a guess on whats going to be included on Volume 2 and say: Genocide, Rogue, Backsplash and Labyrinth

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I will guess that the next Aliens Essential Comics will include Genocide, Harvest and Rogue. Maybe Labyrinth instead of Harvest. And if that's not long enough maybe Music of the Spears as well.

T Dog

T Dog

What are all of your favourite Omnisbuses out of Alien, Predator and AVP ones?

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Aliens Omnibus 3, Predator Omnibus 1 and AVP Omnibus 1.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 07, 2019, 03:27:18 AM
Aliens Omnibus 3, Predator Omnibus 1 and AVP Omnibus 1.
Cool i have Aliens omnibus 1,3,6. Avp omnibus 1 but i missed out on Predator omnibus 1 so have ordered the essential Predator comics vol 1, looking forward to it, i used to own the concrete jungle tpb years ago.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Never needed the omnibus editions as I have all of the single issues and multiple editions of the tpb's.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

AVP Omnibus Volume 2 is also a favorite of mine.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 08, 2019, 02:46:36 AM
AVP Omnibus Volume 2 is also a favorite of mine.

Currently re-reading this one right now. Just finished Genocide.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed