Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 171,678 times)

ikarop

Quote from: Drew on Feb 10, 2010, 07:43:31 PM
Hey guys, a long time lurker here. I'm a big fan of the site, especially ikarop and his consistent coverage.

Why thank you sir! :D  Just doing my job.

Death+Doom

Quote from: predalien27 on Feb 10, 2010, 07:12:34 PM
I have seen or heard in an interveiw that we could pick what we could do in a Trohy Kill.  Is this true?
I don't think so, only because the video in which that was mentioned was the E3 demo, and that was like a lifetime ago....

kvon17

Not expecting an answer from Rebellion as this isn't gameplay related, but I'd rather not make a thread:

Will the survivor edition be released in stores in the U.S.?

Xenodog

Quote from: Xenodog on Feb 10, 2010, 07:59:29 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Feb 10, 2010, 03:51:38 PM
Will the Predator's health be lessened, and his weapon's power changed in the final product?
Plasma Caster = 1 hit kill
Spear = 1 hit kill
Disk = 1 hit kill (At closer ranges.)
Mine = 1 hit kill
Heavy attack = Knock down, so essentially a free kill.

This, by far, statistically makes the Predator the most powerful class, as his health is the highest by quite a bit too. Generally, as an Alien at least, I have no problem with Predators, but friends often complain of them being over-powered and/or the "Noob" class.

Will their 1 hit kill weapons and extensive health be altered in the final product?

As well as that^, in online play, how much XP is generally gathered per kill, and will it vary between game-modes and species? And does the XP amount needed to level up increase the higher you get?

Sorry to keep bothering with my nagging questions, guys, but a quicker one. In MP, when as an Alien, when doing a tail trophy kill, will the silhouette of your tail still be visible through the other player? I hope not.  ;)

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

Hello and thanks for being here to answer our questions Eric,

I've got 2 questions:

Heavy Attack Speed Question
Is there a difference in speed between the Predator & Alien's Heavy Attacks?

Alien Movement Question
It's a little long, so sorry about that. The Aliens are typically restricted to moving on all fours, but have occasionally been seen transitioning to moving on 2 limbs. I'm curious if this is an intended mechanic (such as a slow walk animation when on the ground) or just a glitch (it's difficult to tell, because it's only been seen on AI controlled Aliens, since the first person Character Model can't be seen while under player control). I've got some examples to show what I'm talking about.

• The first can be seen on the Alien gameplay video linked below from 1:51-1:55
http://g4tv.com/videos/44028/Aliens-vs-Predator-Alien-Gameplay-Preview/

1:50-1:52 You drop down and attack the dude with one of the other Aliens. There's another one in the doorway.
1:53 The second Xenomorph finishes attacking & drops to all fours.
1:54-1:55 The doorway Xeno is still pacing back & forth while standing on 2 legs. (image below). It doesn't appear as though it's constantly attacking to allow it to remain upright.

• The second can be seen on the Alien gameplay video that's embedded below from 0:43-0:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTKsaEhkVvk

0:40-0:41 An Aliens goings from standing while attacking, to crawling on all fours.
0:42-0:44 The Alien moves from all fours to walking on two legs.
0:43-0:45 The Alien again transitions from the two legged walk, back to crawling on all fours.

Thanks again for coming here to give us some feedback on our questions!

X 8)

Hiryu02

Welcome, Eric.

I have a few comments that will go counter to what most are saying, but I appreciate you taking the time to perhaps address them.

1) I think the combistick is great in its current role as a precision stealth weapon. I personally don't think added melee capability is needed. If you do add it, so long as it's balanced it will be fine. But don't implement a change on the combistick mechanic without extensive testing just to silence some critics.

2) On console, please do not implement the host being able to change/disable weapons and settings. I hate not being able to play a regular game because every server online has some weird  setup. As a compromise if you must implement it, allow us to search for "default" or "modified" gametypes.

3) Lastly, I suggest that you take a look at the Capcom AvP arcade game, and license the arcade version of Dutch Schaefer and release it as a dlc marine skin. All the weapons attach to his arm, but otherwise plays the exact same. It would be very cool. For reference, see below.

http://www.jokerdesigns.com/thehunted/images.php?spgmGal=AvP%20Arcade%20anim%20GIFs&spgmPic=7&spgmFilters=#pic

ikarop

Quote from: kvon17 on Feb 10, 2010, 09:36:54 PM
Not expecting an answer from Rebellion as this isn't gameplay related, but I'd rather not make a thread:

Ops my fault, I totally forgot. I'll get you an answer asap.

kvon17

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 10, 2010, 10:01:03 PM

Thanks, Ikarop.

ikarop

Quote from: kvon17 on Feb 10, 2010, 10:04:31 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Feb 10, 2010, 10:01:03 PM

Thanks, Ikarop.

Just got the answer. The US won't get the Survivor Edition, neither by preorder or in stores.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

1) Is there a chance (I guess you probably don't know but I better ask.) to see a "SDK" in the future and which feature will be include in? (Map editor? Model? Skin? Complete Source Code? Engine code?)

2) I don't know what you tried to do with the wallwalk but it's definitely not "easier" than both previous AVP game. The crouch and Crouch toggle commands were just great and so you could land from the top of ceiling and surprise your opponent at every moment. In this game you simply can't. You have to find a shortcut by using wall and then pounce on the ground with a short "jump" distance. It's a bit sick and this "Mouse 3 for transition" annoyed me more than anything else.

3) Are all your Multiplayer maps built on the same "sample"? I mean 2 levels, symmetrical, 2 main room where fight happened both link by one corridor?

4) Is there balance issue in the final release? According to the demo, specie weren't balanced (at least that's what I've experimented with definitely an Over-powered Predator.)

5) I guess the whole concept of "Predator de-cloaking" is about honour but there's a thing I can't get. If a Predator has sense of honour, he probably won't stealth kill someone who's stealth killing someone else from the back. Is there anyway to see this cloak fixed also which doesn't de-cloak everytime you fire?

6) Is there a chance to see the Predator "cloak" fixed? I mean Alien does better cloak in the environment than predator cos of thus "electric distortion".

7) I don't get the "auto aim" during melee fight. The skill of the player is no more about aiming but about tactic right? It sounds too much a console port assistance than a FPS game.

FearPeteySodes

I love all the game modes that are included in the retail release but is there any chance of getting an extraction game type in the future?

It's fantastic you guys are here supporting your work!

Corporal Hicks

Stop using the thread for discussions. Go elsewhere or use PMs.

heady89

heady89

Yes the crouch option as mentioned and will the voip bug be fixed in full version?
No ability to mute as it is now.

And why is the auto locking onto targets in the PC version?

Lil Theo

Are you guys planning to fix the Flamethrower?

Thanks!

spychi

Welcome and greets from Poland.
First of all I'd like to thank you for making the game since alot of us/fans were waiting for a new game of the AvP franchise year after year.
I have a question about the DLC.
Is there any chance that such mode like EVAC from AvP 2 will be added with the DLC's for Alien Vs Predator?
It would be very nice to see such modes from the old AvP2 in the new game.
I love the demo and I love the Marine, thx for releasing it! I pre-ordered the Hunter's Edition and I know that the game will be more than great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed