Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 172,526 times)

richer

Quote from: Inferno on Feb 11, 2010, 01:19:44 AM
you guys are literally killing me with these questions that are NOT gameplay related. Post somewhere else, most of these questions are about things that have already been talked about. Yes thats the final weapons count and ablities...we have not seen anything different. NO there wont be any skins of original cast members (hicks, vazquez) due to copy right issues. They want constructive criticism of the demo to make tweaks to gameplay, get a grip.

Agreed!

How are they going to add new weapons etc less than a week before the release? This game has probably been completed and being packaged since christmas so we aren't going to see game changing additions like new modes, weapons or even skins added to the disc.

Now questions.

Will the predalien be in DLC?

Will the hunter edition content be available for download? (im in canada and you didnt give us the hunter edition)

How is the ranking system going to work?

MikkoM

PLEASE do NOT make the marine any more powerful in melee!

If the marine is made equal to the predator and alien in melee, the alien looses any advantage that it has over the marine. (As the alien is a melee only creature, but the marine has long range weapons too.) Not to mention how stupid that kind of a change would look/feel in the game. The alien is supposed to be "the most deadly species in the universe" and yet a simple human marine can beat it in melee combat. Yeah really deadly.

I would personally even remove the marines blocking ability, so that fighting a melee battle with the marine would be as desperate as it should be.

Will the controls feel more responsive in the full PC version? I sometimes find the controls to react somewhat poorly in the PC demo, and this occasionally leaves me feeling a bit frustrated. Especially the alien's tail attack is sometimes a bit strange.

Many ultimate PC fan boys are complaining about the lack of a crouch in the demo. Will crouch be in the PC version of the final game?

Will the aliens have enough speed and intelligence to be challenging opponents in the PC version`s single player marine campaign?

Will there be limited saves in the single player campaign like in the first AVP game? Personally I liked the idea of limited saves, because the atmosphere that they created to the single player game was awesome.

And by the way, the predator is certainly not over powerful.

DoomRulz

Guys, enough with the questions about a crouch button. Rebellion has already said, there will not be one.

Malachi

Hi there

I have just one question , will the final product be optimized on PC ?
my system are

Win 7 Ulti 64bit
E8500
ATI 4870X2
4GB DDR2 1066

I can run all games on 2560x1600 maxed setting , no AA or AF smooth , but I cant do it on the MP demo  , its a bit choppy

so I was hoping will it be more optimized ?

AJMARTINecu

Hello I loved the demo and here is my question
will the shoulder gonna be fixed cause sometimes It seems like it doesn`t shoot, same with mines..
Is the disc gonna be fixed and will it use energy to make it more balanced? 
=)   I love the game

bos45redsox

1. Are there any plans to make the flame thrower cause more damage?

psychoanomaly

psychoanomaly

Quote from: richer on Feb 11, 2010, 01:35:30 AM
Agreed!

How are they going to add new weapons etc less than a week before the release? This game has probably been completed and being packaged since christmas so we aren't going to see game changing additions like new modes, weapons or even skins added to the disc.

Of course they won't be able to add new weapons this soon before release. What I'm asking is whether or not they will include more weapons via DLC. I'm hoping that this prospective DLC will consist primarily of new single player missions coupled with new weapons (or old weapons from the originals).

I simply want Rebellion to hear my voice, and this desire, I believe, is mutual. A lot of fans miss the iconic weapons of the original games. We would love to see some of these in future DLC.

I know a lot of you think that these weapons would destroy the balance of the game... well, did they in the previous installments? And who says that the weapons released in DLC would even be available in multiplayer? Personally, when it comes to the Marine, I think that adding the heavier weapons of the game (minigun, rocketlauncher) would not destroy the balance. With the minigun, you would not be able to move while shooting, and it would be very inaccurate, making you extremely susceptible to melee attacks. As for the rocketlauncher... slow reload times = death. The Predator weapons would be slightly harder to implement, but it would be possible. Perhaps certain weapons, such as the speargun and netgun, would have very low ammo (in multiplayer), or, better yet, can only be used in certain modes (Predator Hunt, duh!). This applies to melee use of the combat stick as well (which we really miss   )

And seriously guys, you can't tell me that you don't miss the shear awesomeness of these weapons! Since when has multiplayer overshadowed the ambience, uniqueness, and fun-factor of the single player experience? The Predator weapons from the first two installments are some of the most exhilarating tools you'll ever find in a game. They belong in the DLC. They would add so much to the single player experience, and would be relatively easy to incorporate into multiplayer (only available in Predator Hunt, and Survival Mode - that is, if Rebellion decides to allow the use of a Predator in this mode)

So, my question stands. Rebellion, have you guys considered adding new weapons and missions via DLC? If not, (and I know my voice means little alone, though I do not think I am alone... not by a long shot) please consider it. I've heard the Alien and Predator campaigns are rather short, so more gameplay and weapons would be an EXCELLENT addition via DLC.

And an option to use the Predator in survival mode wouldn't hurt either...  ;D

Saberous

Hello

Will the smartgun ammo be upped? 100 rounds goes really quick. 300 mag would be a nice size for that gun. considering the pulse has more on spawn

Will the pulse rifle be equipped with a one grenade on spawn?

Will we See like a fall back/evac mode similar to infestation. Where the marines are trying to get to the safe zones. final zone is getting to a apc/dropship something like that

It would be sweet if they had the hive from the movie aliens and the colony Hadley hope as maps. Hopefully rebellion will release mapping tools so we can make them.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Hi, [REB]Trigger. Welcome to AVPGalaxy.net! Thank you so much (and the rest of Rebellion) for taking the time to interact with the AVP community. It's greatly appreciated and it shows how much you guys care about the fans (I'm loving the demo!).

I have a string of questions and I do realize some of my inquiries have already been asked. I didn't get the chance to read through all the posted comments, but I figure the squeaky wheel gets the grease, right? Anyway, I'm going to list out my inquires as it's the most efficient way for me to do it:

Will the Smartgun & Plasma Caster's sfx be changed to accurately reflect the films (Aliens, Predator 1/2 respectively)?

Will Survivor Mode allow players to tweak the options so they can also play as Aliens or Predators against AI Marines or AI Predators and not just only as Marines against AI Aliens? If not, would it be possible to include it later on as an update or DLC (like a new Skirmish Mode)? As awesome as it was, being limited to only playable Marines or Predators against only AI Aliens in the old Skirmish Mode for the original '99 PC game was quite irksome. Now, it's simply just the Marines as the playable species and I want take on more than just AI Aliens.

Finally being able to throw the Combi Stick is fantastic, but not being able to use it as a basic melee weapon in place of the wrist blades for swiping and stabbing motions is quite bizarre. Will that be addressed?

Will the Marine be updated to include their Infra Red vision from Aliens (not the night vision from previous games)?

It's a bit weird that the Marine cannot ADS with the Pistol, Shotgun, or Pulse Rifle. Will it be included later in an update? Also, its bizarre that (at least the Marine and Predator) cannot crouch. Why won't it be included? 

A lot of us were highly anticipating being able to use the weapons/abilities from the films, particularly with today's tech (such as the Predator's Net Gun or the Alien's acid spit; for a couple examples). Will any of them be included later?

Will the Alien be able to grab an opponent while clinging to the ceiling (or wall, even) and carry them up to gruesomely finish them off like the Stealth/Trophy Kills?

Would it be possible to release SDKs to the community?

Will the ability to forcefully remove a Predator player's bio mask be included? Also, the Predator's trademark natural thermal vision?

Myself and many others were really bummed to hear Monolith's epic Alien Life Cycle Option from AVP2 is not included. Would you consider including it in an update or DLC?

Will the Predator's zoom function be corrected to accurately simulate the "flash zoom" effect from the films?

Will the Predator's distorted hearing (ambient noises, heartbeat, voices, etc.) be corrected so it's more like the films?

Thanks again for getting involved in the AVP community!

warchant-D

Hey Eric, sup man, thanks for your time!!!

couple simple questions about particular gameplay issues I was curious about...

-Why has the grenade launcher for the marine been toned down in terms of distance and accuracy?

i.e. - in the first two avp games the grenades would travel much further and pretty accurate to where your cursor was aimed even at fairly distant ranges. I noticed in this versions demo, the grenades would merely lob out of the gun. While this isn't exactly a dire concern, it has somewhat hampered the marines disposal of any long range explosives, (being there isn't any rocket launcher, or grenade launcher) as it creates almost impossible situations to shoot any explosives down any long  narrow corriders since the only way to do so is to aim up which in turn causes the grenade to just hit the ceiling far short of intended target.

-what exactly was the reasoning for not having the combistick capable of melee, or will it be in the future?
  -maybe if for future DLC it could simply work similar to the dual wristblades, while in hands, in terms of melee execution...light attack-swipe with spear(same damage as wristblades light attack) / heavy attack- lunge stab-(same damage as heavy WB attack). However where it would stand out would be in terms of stealth execution kills. If wristbaldes are out as they are with any other weapon, a stealth kill can be done, but when the spear is in hands , blades are detracted and instant kills therefore can't be executed, however the player could still execute a finishing kill simply by throwing the spear into the victim, while stunned or not. This would do a good job in setting the benefits of the two melee weapons apart (wristblades:simply hold button to execute, but no distance/ spear:distance, but must hit moving victim and must retrieve)

Thanks for your time!!!

mum

mum

I had to stop lurking for this, what an opportunity! So the two questions that i really want to ask are...

-If the number of player respawns can be limited in multiplayer. (to 1 for really intense matches)--- Now that the game is out i can see that this is not an option, is there a way that it can be added? I think it would add another dimension to the deathmatch style modes.

-If there will be more multiplayer modes (Evac etc...) for DLC in the future.

Thanks for your time!

BaconBits

First off Welcome.
1. Will the flame throwers damage be up-graded? it doesn't seem to do much.
2. Will the Alien be able to do A head-bite without initiating a trophy kill or stealth kill like in the first one?
3. I think the trophy kills are wicked but there really slow?
4. Will there be flares in the full game (in multiplayer) because i think the marines need more light or the Image Intensifier would be nice?
That's all i can think of right now.

Keep doing a good job you guys love the demo.

Inglorious

Inglorious

First let me say thanks for posting on this forum. I've been a diehard fan of the Alien and Predator films (not counting Resurrection or the first AVP, the less said the better) and have been around since AVP News and playing AVP Gold endlessly. Let me congratulate you and your fellow team members for more than surpassing Monolith's less-then-balanced sequel, and delivering the game that comes closest to the cinematic experience we have been wanting. Plus for including the Spear and letting us be able to throw it. I remember from day 1 we wanted the Spear, and we wanted to be able to throw it. Thanks.

Gameplay wise I think it's a very balanced experience. My only complaint would be that the Flamethrower feels very underpowered. Other issues could be related to lag in the match making system; such as turning around and facing a guy, and he's still able to pull off a Stealth Kill. Plus sometimes playing as Alien and pointing at a surface you want to jump onto, and it doesn't happen until you've hit jump multiple times.

I would like additional game modes in Multiplayer. I'm sure your team is familiar with Team Fortress 2 and it's many modes of play. I would like to see at least one additional team-based mode. Preferably an Objective-Based Mode that is specific to each species. Such as the Predator's need to pick up fallen weapons, kill a queen, destroy complex. Marines need to seal off complex, retrieve whatever, etc. And Aliens need to do a little bit of both. I think that would inspire a great team-based atmosphere.

PS: Please release Map Making tools. Thank you.

Architect3D

Hi Eric, These are suggestions rather then questions. Only vice is it feels clumsy compared to the original :(

ALIEN

1. Wall walk toggle button should be the same as original.

2. Allow for Stealth kills "ABOVE" enemies.
(does not feel like an alien when i have to touch the ground behind an enemy.)

3. Allow for Head bite cross hair.

4. Single hit original AvP Tail Kill.

MARINE

1. Constant Sprint. Must Stop for accurate aim.

2. Guns need more POWER, head shot instant kills?

PREDATOR

1. Haven't played the predator there's a limit???

MENU
Awful menu sound. Disable Audio Auto detection in game rooms or mute.

thanks for reading.. great work with the game, will pick it up as soon as it hits the store.

Please consider a SDK release.

Shardik

Shardik

I am unsure as to whether this question has been asked or not but it is with reference to the stealth kill mechanic. I have seen within the demo that this mechanic can end up pulling people back and forcing them into said mechanic even when they have made their way out of range of the alien or predator preforming the mechanic. This might be them running away from the mechanic or a predator jumping to a entirely other plane and then the mechanic making the predator magically appear in-front of the player performing said mechanic and  having  the stealth kill perform itself. Personally I hope this mechanic will be fixed for team death-match to be good. A timer might be put in to effectivley prevent this and make the mechanic a tad harder to pull off. Shorting the distance that is needed for it to be pulled off would also help

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed