Silent Hill

Started by Mystic Lemons, Dec 10, 2006, 02:28:04 PM

Author
Silent Hill (Read 67,205 times)

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

I like these games. Particularly the second. The film wasn't actually bad, either. Any other fans here?

Predator Schwarzenegger

Predator Schwarzenegger

Yessiree! I've always been a big Resident Evil fan, but my interest stopped with RE3 on PSX, that was the last great RE title and Silent Hill on PSX quickly took over as a moody, unique and actually freaky/scary replacement. I was even more impressed with SH2 and til today it remains my favourite horror adventure game, a true cinematic game and deserves to be called 'epic horror'.
The movie was fantastic, even if it had not been based on a game, I'd have loved this film. The style, direction and the gore and disturbing style are fantastic. True, not everyone will enjoy it but even those that are freaked out by it say its definitely stylich and well made.
SH3 was OK, but not up to SH2's standards and 4 is forgettable, all the good stuff was put into SH2.
Now, of course, with the revival of Resident Evil with the films and games Outbreak 1 and 2 and the magnificent RE4 I have the best of both horrific worlds to choose from!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I enjoyed some aspects of the film - not fan of Horror/Survival games. I loved the surreal style it was made. The production design was lovely. Fantastic sets.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I love Silent hill games and I liked the movie, I never completed the 2nd or 4th though, I did the 1st and the 3rd ones they were good, I heard Tony Blair tried to ban the 1st game before it came out, he said it was to scary for gamers or something gay like that  :P

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

You should finish the 2nd, Mr Weyland, it's great. Pyramid Head is one of my favourite villains ever.

I'm one of the few who really enjoyed number 4 as well.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Finnishing number 2 is gonna be a problem, i got rid of the 2nd and 3rd ages ago to help get xbox 360, but now i regret getting rid of them, when i get some money i'll buy them agian   ;D

Cromartie

Cromartie

i am a huge fan of the silent hill games but am i the only one who was a bit confused at the     plot(s)?

also what did u think of them?

fluxcap

fluxcap

I'm a fan as well. The plots can be confusing, but I've always managed. The best aspect of these games is the fantastic creepy atmosphere and disturbing imagery. I never played the fourth game, when I heard they changed the inventory system to have limited slots I never rented it.

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

I'm a huge fan to! Great story and great atmosphere.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I'm glad I read this thread.  I just brought Silent Hill 2.  I had to order it online because I couldn't find it anywhere. 

I also played a bit of Silent Hill 4.  Seemed freaky enough - but I had some problems with the controls.

Cromartie

Cromartie

i seem to remember making a thread the same as this! try looking before you post!

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Silent Hill
« on: December 10, 2006, 05:28:04 PM »

Silent Hill Series
« on: May 08, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »

Look who's talking. ::)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Zing!

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Dekapitator on Aug 10, 2007, 03:11:23 PM
Silent Hill
« on: December 10, 2006, 05:28:04 PM »

Silent Hill Series
« on: May 08, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »

Look who's talking. ::)

ROFL  ;D

Anyway, I recently learned they are making a Silent Hill 5 for the next gen consoles for 2008.  Cool.  They are also making another Silent Hill movie, apparently.

frosty_141

frosty_141

i love the series and agree pyramid head was one freaky-ass boss!!! remember when you first see it in the appartment complex behind those metal bars just standing there? the only one i don't have is number 4, could anyone tell me how it compares to the other one? is it worth getting?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed