Roleplaying games

Started by Predator@Alien, Sep 26, 2019, 09:01:58 PM

Author
Roleplaying games (Read 994 times)

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Hi !

I would like to know what is the composition of roleplaying games (because I don't know how it works but I'm only interested in the story of the game).

In Aliens Adventure Game, if I understood correctly, there are two books. But why it is say that the main book is a 194 pages book while the PDF that we can download here is only 171 pages... And the other 31. I'd like to know what is the complete composition of the game to have the entire story with me.

Same for Alien The Roleplaying Game. How many versions of the books there are ? Is there one which is complete ? Because I saw there are cards and maps that seems to be apart from the book. And how many PDF are there, is that the same content as the book ?
And last question : why some people are playing to it ? We can see lives on Youtube with a video game. Is that a MMORPG or what ?

Sorry if there are too much questions but I really don't know what is this sort of game and I want to have all the informations in my collection ^^

Thank you :)

Edit : I don't put the message in the right section, thank you for remove it from here and sorry for the disturbance...

banjo_oz

banjo_oz

Old post, but nobody answered, so...

The Aliens Adventure Game (Leading Edge's RPG) is a single book. I own the "real thing", and there were never any supplements for it. In fact, the *only* expansion I know of anywhere was a single article in Vortex Magazine that detailed the characters and equipment of the Dark Horse illustrated novella "Aliens: Tribes". I can provide a scan of this to anyone who wants it.

The PDFs you mention appear to be fan-made scans found floating around online since the real book is out of print. Whoever scanned it decided to make a "book of tables" (31 pages) and a "rulebook" (171 pages). The real book is "all-in-one".

The new, in-print Alien Roleplaying Game (Free League) consists of a core rulebook, an adventure booklet (Chariot of the Gods), a map and counters pack, and a star map, if I recall correctly.

Sorry, but I don't quite understand the last part of the message.

(apologies for the "necro" post, but if anyone else is looking for this same information, this post is what comes up in a search!)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed