Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

All I see is talk this is for the consoles.  :'(

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/1325105787174182912

Happy N7 Day!
by Author -Casey Hudson - VP, Studio GM of BioWare - Posted onNovember 7, 2020

It's tough keeping a big secret (and we really struggled to keep this one a surprise) but now it's official: today we announced the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! We've heard (for years!) your requests for a Mass Effect remaster, so we're super happy to finally reveal that we've been working on a remastered edition of the Mass Effect trilogy.

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It's been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can't say any more just yet, but we're looking forward to sharing our vision for where we'll be going next.

For me personally, Mass Effect represents years of work and countless special memories, so every year I feel incredibly fortunate to celebrate N7 Day with players around the world. Thank you so much for supporting us over the years. I can't wait to continue our adventure together – revisiting our favorite memories in the Mass Effect universe, and creating brand new ones!

Casey

Source: https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Yes! Members of the original team are working on a new one!

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

They had my curiosity. but now they have my attention.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think I might give this one a go. I tried the first many many years back but it was too stop-and-start for me at the time, reading everything, but I've been meaning to try again.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

You wont regret it. The first game understandibly throws a lot of world building at you to begin with, but 3-4 hours in the game just clicks and from there get ready to experience one of the greatest video game journeys you will ever experience across three titles.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Except for parts of mass effect 3, I never even played this series for its gameplay. Since they're tweaking that, I'm curious of what it'll be like as an actual videogame for the first time. Sheperd, as a real boy, this could be good.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I've heard rumors that they may not include the multiplayer component in the ME3 remaster.  That better not be true.  ME3's MP is f**king awesome.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I thought it was confirmed there will not be multiplayer in the remaster. And yes, it was good as you say.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

No confirmation that I've seen, just speculation.

https://gamerant.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-multiplayer/

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Oh, that's a good catch. I liked having banners for achievements, but I'm still not sure how to feel about the random reward aspect of the multiplayer, though. It seemed to make you play longer without making any part of the game tangibly better.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Were you on the global top ten leaderboard for ME3 MP?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

No. Once upon a time I tied for first place in Saints row 2, and hit 10th on alien isolation. On the former, I was second to get every diversion star (72), and in the latter, I simply finished one of the dlc levels very quickly. What I consider a greater video game accomplishment than either, was getting a special vehicle in GTA san andreas that was previously thought to only be attainable through hacking. I never did publish a tutorial for that one, though.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed