August/September Update

Started by molasar, Aug 19, 2020, 02:43:03 PM

Author
August/September Update (Read 39,364 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

Still no Steam version?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Loadouts increased from 6 to 12?

Second this map "is ground zero for a unique dig site that was once a thriving scientific hive seeking artifacts deep in the caves of the Predator jungle."  When they follow up with this: "A word of warning: don't get caught alone, there are enemies at every turn" I wonder..... is there more than Stargazer down there? :o

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: molasar on Sep 29, 2020, 02:22:43 PM
Update 2.05 is up.

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/patch-notes-2-05/14947

"It's a 4v4 with Fireteam and Predator.

New Map: Excavation
This map still features the iconic jungle –but will force both the Fireteam and Predator to think vertically and spatially as they traverse through an intricate multi-level cave system.

New Mode: Clash
Clash is the ultimate 4v4 PVP that puts players in an all-out, no-holds-barred war. Lasting roughly fifteen minutes, two Fireteams will spawn on one of the four Predator: Hunting Grounds maps with one goal:to capture a location before the next capture area spawns. While each team battles it out to claim territory, every point gained and enemy killed fills up your team's Predator meter. Once filled, the Predator mode is unlocked and one person on your team will become the extraterrestrial hunter."
OK that sounds awesome. Who's up for a game tonight?

El Pistolero

El Pistolero

The new Mode is bullshit. Zero fun. This is very sad, that this is all they came up with, a team deathmatch?

Kailem

Kailem

Interesting. The new mode sounds like a cross between king of the hill and the Predator Hunt mode from AVP2010. I figured it would be some sort of humans vs humans mode, but I'm interested to see how  the Predator is going to work in there. Is it just going to be the one Predator, or one for each team? It's not entirely clear on that.

And I'm legit surprised to see they gave us a bunch more loadout slots! Time to break out the screenshots and re-make the classes I had to remove to make room for all the new DLC Predators they kept adding.

The new map looks cool too. I like the new cave flavour they went with. It should make for some cool, claustrophobic encounters. And I'm intrigued as to what "easter eggs" there are too! Looking forward to giving it a go!

Quote from: El Pistolero on Sep 29, 2020, 06:34:06 PM
The new Mode is bullshit.

All of it? The cabinet minister, the whole business?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 29, 2020, 07:55:05 PM
one for each team?

One for each team at the same time if criteria are met.

Wweyland

Wweyland

They should really get this to Steam

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 29, 2020, 09:38:07 PM
They should really get this to Steam
Probably in 6 months or so

razeak

razeak

Does it fell like the PS4 took a performance hit on this mode? Everything just looks clunky in motion to me.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Noticed I can't mute people in Clash. Other than that I've had no issue with it.

Yeah I really like the new game mode. I like how fast paced it is and no build really stands out to me aside from weapons. It's quick dumb fun which is pretty much what I wanted. I don't know if I like it more than Hunt but I like Clash.

Gonna run private and check out the new map. Apparently this has a Predator skull on it.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Sep 30, 2020, 12:35:05 AM
Noticed I can't mute people in Clash. Other than that I've had no issue with it.

Yeah I really like the new game mode. I like how fast paced it is and no build really stands out to me aside from weapons. It's quick dumb fun which is pretty much what I wanted. I don't know if I like it more than Hunt but I like Clash.

Gonna run private and check out the new map. Apparently this has a Predator skull on it.

not sure about a skull, but they have a full blown body

Kailem

Kailem

That's cool! I haven't come across that mission yet. Obviously that's the one that was datamined a while back.

Overall I'm liking the new map. The cave system is cool, though the map overall does feel a little smaller than I expected, though the caves and the verticality offset that a bit. I'm liking all the little details it has, and even just finding an enemy camp with a different layout and a couple of new buildings is refreshing after looking at the same ones over and over again for the past six months.

The new missions I've encountered on it have been cool too, but it's a bit disappointing to see that the majority of them seem to be straight-up recycled from the other maps. Literally all the same voice lines and objectives, just on this new map. Considering we've never had any duplicate missions until now, that kinda sucks (especially when the vast majority of them are just variations on "go here, hold square, hold out for three waves of enemies" as it is).

I think the new mode is ok for a quick go every now and then, but it's definitely not going to hold the same sort of attention span as the default Hunt mode does. And yeah it absolutely tanks the framerate, especially when you're trying to shoot at other human players, so that's not good.

And since overall my game didn't explode like it has done many times before with previous patches, I'm going to label this one as "the good!"

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Tichinde on Sep 30, 2020, 02:59:22 AM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Sep 30, 2020, 12:35:05 AM

not sure about a skull, but they have a full blown body

In the cave section you can find in at least one of the spaces where they're excavating bones and such a Predator skull or two among some Human and a horse skull I think (though I could be misremembering the horse looking skull as the caves have two or three plots of these).

Haven't been able to run a match as FT on it yet but someone said something about an old Predator mask being found on it for a mission where you blow up a wall. I think they said it was something like Jungle Hunter's or Elder's.

Facewipes

Facewipes

Sadly it is too little, too late. They should have had maps rolling out from the first month instead they were
more interested in nickle and dime'ing people for skins that most people didn't care about as you don't
really see them in gameplay anyway.
I really wanted this game to succeed as much as any fan out there but
I won't be returning as they burned their bridge right at the start by emulating their dated Friday The 13th
approach to content which was already dated at the time.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I don't think people didn't care about the skins. For as often as I find City Hunters and Dutch in a match I sincerely doubt the community just slept on that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed