New Alec Gillis Interview

Started by Darkness, Jun 01, 2008, 09:48:41 PM

Author
New Alec Gillis Interview (Read 17,853 times)

wolfboy

wolfboy

Instead of pissing off all the fans, they really should just start making an entirely new monster movie. It gives them all the creativity in the world for something fresh AND it doesn't screw with a franchise that's lived well beyond its due.

Dan

Dan

Yes they should do it and explore and expand the franchise 'ONLY" if they have a very good plot and have a good clear idea of where they want to take the Aliens/Predator franchise from here. Fox needs to keep the same director/producer and stop changing all the time (they should've kept James Cameron and let him do whatever he wanted to do with the Aliens franchise after Aliens - but Fox got greedy and short sighted and now look at the state of the Aliens franchise - tho i still have a glimmer hope they can resuscitate the franchise and make it good like it use to be if they really get serious about hiring a good director/producer like Scott or Cameron to tak control in reviving the ALiens/Predator franchise). So my opionion, visit the pilots as a sequel NOT a prequel but only if they got a "good" story and have a clear idea of where they wana take the franchise!

whatnot

whatnot

space jockey's in avp 3 or alien 5 would f**k of the franchise even more than avp 2 did.  I would not have any interest in alien 5 if it was an origin story and had space jockey's in it, That would  be total shit.

nasferato

nasferato

avp 2 damaged any interest I had left for alien 5, avp 3 or predator 3.  avp 2 destroyed both franchises and the spin off franchise.    GOD AVP 2 WAS AND IS SHIT!

ZEN

ZEN

What I think is funny is the fact that everyone keeps going on about the comics,but if you go by the comics then Ripley,Newt and Hichs survived the disaster on LV-426 and are fighting aliens across the galaxy rather then all of them dying before/on that prison planet.If they do decide to do the space jockey,they should make sure Mr.Winston is there to see that they do'nt f**k it up and ONLY if they have a very good plot.

nasferato

nasferato

I don't care if they came up with a good plot, I still don't want an origin story or space jockey's. would ruin the last bit of mystery in the alien franchise

"Flare"thePredator

"Flare"thePredator

space jockey's are the Predator's cousin, not enemy!?.   ;D  Get the unrated AvP-R version and it says it...   :)     ::)  

FOXfranchiseobliteratorx

FOXfranchiseobliteratorx

FOX has destroyed both franchises.  Its almost like they did it on purpose.

chips

chips

^^what do you mean?  I got avp 2 unrated dvd for free (was not going to pay for that crap), I did not see anything that says that.....though if it does....it does not mean a thing, because avp 2 is not canon, people should ignore this shit!

Greenband

Greenband

So we figured out why it has taken Spielberg so long to produce Jurassic Park 4. After adding aliens to the Indiana Jones franchise, he decided it would be awesome to create:  Jurassic Park 4: Attack of the Space Jockey  In this thrilling epic, expect a visitor from another galaxy coming to earth to capture the ultimate prey. An live T-Rex! Unfortunately those pesky Aliens wreak havoc aboard the Space Jockeys' vessel causing it to crash into small town Kansas. For absolutely no freaking reason what so ever, a lone predator decides to head to earth to clean up this mess. Upon arriving at the scene of 'the incident', the predator discovers an enemy like none that has been encountered before. An alien T-Rex hybrid with a fracken laser strapped to its head. This summer, everyone will hear you cry!

ZEN

ZEN

To me dinosaurs sound lame,but if say,a terminater used a transdimensional portal to get to the A / P / AVP universe and the space jockies stole a time traval device,it whould make sense,but it whould still be kinda lame.If they did do that I whould LOVE to see a pred fighting a term!!!!!!!!   ;D     ;D     ;D  .It whould be f***ing kick-ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D     ;D     ;D  .

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Why in the world would a Predator want to fight a robot?

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I'm sure a Terminator's head would make a good addition to any trophy collection, lol  I agree with a lot of what Alec had to say in that interview. He seems to know what he is talking about.  As for the current state of the Franchise... it's not good + i don't think anything can be done to save it really. The past 3 movies have all driven people away from the Alien films... in fact, Alien 3 wasn't greatly received either. The best thing for Fox to do is close up shop with the Alien series. I still think it is possible for a good Predator 3 as they are more stand alone films than the Alien saga.

ZEN

ZEN

Human's make superb prey,and once we catch on to what's going on,we become a force to be reckoned with (just look at Harrigan).But a terminator is desined to take out humans,it's programmed to think what we think,to come up with counter strategies,to kill before we even know what's going on.The T-1000 kicked major ass,but the T-X was way better.That's why a predator whould want to fight a robot   ;D  .If they do A5,they should'nt have Ripley,get somebody new for once.AVP3 should have Ripley,and she should face off against the galaxies toughest hunter's and be caught between 2 warring hives (1 with a normal queen,the other with a predalien queen!),whould'nt you guy's/gal's want to see that?.But if she does do that,she should sign a contract to exclude her from any other A / P / AVP movies.And no,she's not to old to act,Jack Lalanne is 90 and can kick my ass or anybody else's ass on this site!.All she needs to do is get on a treadmill.And I like the idea about P3 being in Iraq with soldiers trying to get back stollen pred tech and the preds fighting them for it. BUT THEY NEED TO GET REAL WRITER'S AND REAL DIRECTOR'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.THEY KEEP GETTING WORSE AND WORSE PEOPLE AND THEY'RE PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:(     >:(     >:(  .

ZEN, I would expect an idea like that from a director for the SCI-FI Channel (corney movies).  Listen, The original 4 aliens movies were doen perfectly and they all followed the story of a woman named Ripley who struggled againts Weyland Yutani and the Aliens. It was and still is the best saga ever made.  The problem is that the prequals were made very cheaply and they didn't even have good directors.  They were made just to make a little money for FOX. For example: AVP wasn't even rated R (what the hell!!!). Did you see how, Mr. Weyland died? I couldn't believe it. He died like he wasn't even important.  FOX could have given up a little more money and endorsed a good, serious, well done prequal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed