The Predator Will Set Up 2 Sequels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2018, 09:08:36 PM

Author
The Predator Will Set Up 2 Sequels (Read 14,225 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/the-predator-reboot-shane-black-1202874827/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Only skim read it but seems some new info.

QuoteDavis, who has produced every film in the franchise, praises Black for finding a fresh take, and for grounding the scares by creating more believable characters.

"This is an auteur-driven reimagining," says Davis. "Shane Black has a voice and a signature, and it kind of re-enlivens the franchise."

The producer says that "The Predator" will set up two sequels that he hopes Black will return to direct. But Black doesn't want to get ahead of himself.

"I would love to say we've been planning a trilogy, but I take one day at a time," he cautions. "In motion-picture terms that's one movie at a time."

MudButt

Last few lines indicate are interesting. The producer says this movie potentially sets up an additional two movies that he hopes Black returns to direct. Assuming this one is a hit of course.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 18, 2018, 09:30:03 PM
Last few lines indicate are interesting. The producer says this movie potentially sets up an additional two movies that he hopes Black returns to direct. Assuming this one is a hit of course.
That's exciting that they have that in mind already if everything works out

MudButt

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jul 18, 2018, 11:00:17 PM

It's par for the course these days with franchise properties. Everyone wants a trilogy or cinematic universe. It seems like Black is only focusing on this one at the moment which is good. The biggest reason these franchises/universes fail is because they try so hard to cram set up for future films in the first one.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 18, 2018, 11:05:06 PM

It's par for the course these days with franchise properties. Everyone wants a trilogy or cinematic universe. It seems like Black is only focusing on this one at the moment which is good. The biggest reason these franchises/universes fail is because they try so hard to cram set up for future films in the first one.
Yeah I agree

Wysps

Wysps

True, and then we actually never end up getting one...

Huggs

Huggs

The biggest reason these franchises/universes fail is because they try so hard to cram set up for future films in the first one.

Or they save a bunch of cool stuff for a potential sequel. That's what I loved about Godzilla 2014, it was meant to stand on its own and tell a full story. It didn't feel like it was just stretching out a couple of cool ideas and holding a lot back.

The Alien franchise never started doing it until the prequels.

whiterabbit

Yea make a good movie first, then think about the sequel. For some reason I think Black might agree. :P

skull-splitter

Not sure if I like John "AvP/AvP-R" Davis saying this...

Johnny Handsome

Well, it was pretty clear from the beginning that they are planning a new franchise with this and breaking up with the tradiiton of a movie every decade or so.

A prerequisite for that, aside from the financial point, is a good movie that leaves the audience wanting some more, and boy are they traying to get this one right. They tested the hell out of this, reshot the 3rd act and now add two days of some more filming.

No matter how this turns out, they tried. I really don't want to know how much money they already spend factoring in these long reshoots and almost a year a half on post production... and costumes, visual effects, sets and stunts that will now never see the light of day.

Wweyland

The Predator 2 and The Predators.
Lets continue with the confusing naming for the hell of it.

Yautja_Warrior

If one of the sequels can be a good AvP movie that would be great.  ;D

Master

Master

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 19, 2018, 08:38:38 AM
The Predator 2 and The Predators.
Lets continue with the confusing naming for the hell of it.

Ironicly The Predator is predators 2. P1 and P2 was about Predator hunting humans. AvP and AvP-R was about Predator hunting Aliens. Ps and TP is about Predator versus bigger Predator.

Lionhart

It's getting confusing, just like Halloween.
Halloween 12456 or Halloween 1278 or Halloween 1 - 2018

Is this predator 3? Or what?

The Old One

The Old One

It is Predator 3 to me, it's the third Predator film in an earth setting. Predators like Alien Resurrection or Prometheus is something completely divergent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed