Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,124 times)

Local Trouble

I assume the Cronus is a ship?

Kailem

Yeah it's one of the ships in the Chariot of the Gods cinematic campaign. The brief description in the review Hicks linked to a couple of pages back describes the premise thusly:

"The starfreighter USCSS Montero has been diverted to check out the distress beacon from the USCSS Cronus. The Cronus is a science ship that has been missing for nearly a century."

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

I saw this fella's Tweet today.

Do you notice a similarity between my old A-Deck plan...

and Fria Ligan's deck plan sheet?

They've done a nice job, dressing it up. You might also note that when I drew the plans back in the late 90s, my site was hosted on a Swedish server.  How cool is that?

SM

Even some of the labels (eg. tankage, hyperdrive machinery space) are verbatim.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

Absolutely loving the sound of it.

Corporal Hicks

#8 – A HARD LIFE AMONGST THE STARS

QuoteBehind the scenes, we're working very hard on the full rulebook, and we expect to be able to share a Beta PDF of whole thing with you in a few weeks. The full game contains lots of material beyond the Cinematic Starter Kit, mostly focused on fleshing out the ALIEN universe for Campaign play.

One really meaty chapter of the full rulebook deals with life in space in 2183 AD, and a big part of that chapter is focused on something every self-respecting sci-fi RPG needs – spaceships. The rulebook will include comprehensive rules for starships, how to modify and upgrade them – and how to fight fast and brutal battles with them.

Several now iconic starships known from the ALIEN films, such as the Nostromo and the Sulaco. To bring these to life, artist John R. Mullaney has created amazing schematic illustratons of these and other space (and ground) vessels. Check out his designs below – in the printed game you'll see them in full size and detailed glory! John's own thoughts on the process:

"I'm thrilled to have been asked to collaborate with Free League and contribute these new artworks to their Alien RPG. My background is in producing full perspective & cross-section artworks of ships from various franchises, and this latest project has enabled me to apply those same 3D techniques to 2D elevations - an illustrative approach which has yet to be applied to the ships from the ALIEN universe. Thanks to the help of the fan community, I was able to acquire and closely study photos of the original miniatures as my primary reference. By then employing a hybrid style of watercolour and Photoshop, I have strived to make each artwork as screen-accurate as the reference allows. I hope the fanbase enjoys these artworks as much as I've enjoyed creating them."

The Old One

Yes! Awesome!

Still Collating...

The world building in this game is awesome from what I've seen in these previews. Very tempting. I've never played an RPG like this in my life, but maybe alien will be my introduction into this genre

The Old One

It'll be mine.

Mr. Clemens

I'm rapidly becoming enamoured with Cinematic Mode. Fighting aliens for weeks/months on end with the same character in Campaign Mode seems pretty daft, to be honest. More fun to play your character to the hilt because you know he/she probably isn't going to survive the night, anyway.  :D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I think the game ensures you don't last months, even for campaign.

Corporal Hicks

I think the campaign mode is showing that there is more to the universe than just the Aliens.

Still Collating...

Another video of the game, a longer session of 4 hours. Really liking the look of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvy9fNHbdSI

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed