The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 70,264 times)

Ingwar

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Ingwar - previous page.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_predator

67%

Average Rating: 6.2/10

Reviews Counted: 6

Fresh: 4

Rotten: 2

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Tetsujin on Sep 07, 2018, 11:20:36 AM
Ingwar - previous page.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_predator

67%

Average Rating: 6.2/10

Reviews Counted: 6

Fresh: 4

Rotten: 2

It will end between 60~70%. Which is good.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Usually, the first reviews are more positive and there is a drop later. 60-70 would be a good score.

predator88

predator88

So what can be summarized overall is that the film is so so. It is fun and lighthearted, some good performances,nice gore but messy structure and tone, too much comedy bordering on parody and a weak third act. The first two movies remain the best obviously,it was expected to be honest.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: predator88 on Sep 07, 2018, 11:38:09 AM
So what can be summarized overall is that the film is so so. It is fun and lighthearted, some good performances,nice gore but messy structure and tone, too much comedy bordering on parody and a weak third act. The first two movies remain the best obviously,it was expected to be honest.

Maybe you could like...watch it. I dunno, seems like a good way to get a feel for it ya know.

or wait another 8 minutes see if any more positives come in. Maybe 12 minutes if you're feeling super patient.

predator88

predator88

Quote from: Highland on Sep 07, 2018, 12:25:25 PM

Maybe you could like...watch it. I dunno, seems like a good way to get a feel for it ya know.

or wait another 8 minutes see if any more positives come in. Maybe 12 minutes if you're feeling super patient.
Don't worry I will. And how about you minding your business ? Based on the leaked script you can tell the film was going to be mediocre to good at best

azamultic

azamultic

I love second movie, and It's my personal favorite out of franchise and maybe my personal favorite movie of all time. But I don't think it's quality vise better then "The Predator". Just objectively it's a lower level quality movie. Second movie was torn apart by critics and failed financially. It got some love from fans, but over all it's not so welcomed in the franchise.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: predator88 on Sep 07, 2018, 12:35:01 PM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 07, 2018, 12:25:25 PM

Don't worry I will. And how about you minding your business ? Based on the leaked script you can tell the film was going to be mediocre to good at best

Well I was minding my own business checking out the reviews, but you got 7 posts in here (no reviews) trying to decipher if the movie is bad or good off the first reviews. So it's kinda hard to get past your live review tracker.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Is this ending serious? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Holy crap... :'( :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/282260/tiff-2018-the-predator-review-a-disappointing-return-for-the-universes-greatest-hunter/

QuoteShane Black directs the film competently enough but there's so much more that could've happened. To that point, there's also so much less that should've been done.

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/reviews/the-predator-film-review-did-shane-black-deliver-a-worthy-sequel/

Quote"The problem is that it is just all over the place. Black knows how to blend heart and snark, but in trying to be self-consciously silly, badass, sincere and geeky, he's created an overstuffed film that is as rowdy and unmanageable as its heroes, and there are too many jarring missteps and questionable jokes to ever really let even the most generous viewer get too comfortable for very long. The even-messier third act is only fitfully fun and suffers from weak effects moments despite the best efforts of the cast. A second viewing may well do it some favours and there is a good movie in here, but the fact that there's more than one is the biggest problem. Still, we'll say this for it: it's weird as hell."

predator88

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/predator-movies/predator-4/review/

My review is now up. Some minor spoilers.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

The only review i need,  confirming everything i been saying.

"Alas, within the Black oeuvre, "The Predator" lands more between "The Last Boy Scout" and "Iron Man 3," being a mixture of the flippant-knucklehead-machismo species with frantic comic-book action. Though there's gore and creatures aplenty, say goodbye to any remaining horror element in this series. Now we've got a sort of mashup of Indiana Jones, "Jurassic Park," and a flying-kung-fu movie, no longer scary in the least but hella loud and busy.

For an entry that can't take itself seriously for a minute (excluding the inevitable mawkish half-minute of affirming "it's about family"), this one doesn't actually seem to have a humorous angle on its source material. Like everything else here, it tosses out its dumb yucks and rare good Iines with pummeling haste audiences don't have time to groan before the next explosion or stunt fall or CGI effect usurps their place. It's an exhaustingly energetic mess in which a coherent plot and credible characters aren't even on the cluttered menu. When general audiences queue up for the onslaught (the film opens a week after its Toronto Film Festival premiere), they may well resent being so crassly pandered to. Then again, they may lap it up."

Hollywood

Hollywood

Another positive review is in at RT:

https://theplaylist.net/shane-black-predator-review-20180907/

Score: B+

71% on RT now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed