#NEWTLIVES

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 14, 2015, 01:58:37 AM

Author
#NEWTLIVES (Read 27,320 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The first film i ever saw in 3-D was Prometheus,the experience didn't add or take anything away from the viewing.I could have saved myself some cash and bought the 2-D ticket instead.IMO 3-D is just a novelty and nothing more.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I liked Avatar. Yes, the story was utterly recycled, but it was told with visual flair, and the effects were pretty spectacular. Stephen Lang's villain was a hoot and easily the best thing about the movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I loved Stephen Lang too. It's a shame I haven't seen him in much else. Just that whacky dinosaur show that I could never get into. Terra Nova?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You should check out Public Enemies (he has a fairly small role, but easily the best scene in the entire film, right at the end) and The Hard Way, a great action comedy with James Woods where he plays a wonderful and totally psychotic villain. He's also in Tombstone which is a great film, but given the huge number of characters in it he doesn't really get too much to do sadly.

Did you know he originally auditioned to play Hicks? Doubly ironic then that he was cast as Quaritch in Avatar, because Michael Biehn was originally in the running for that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 20, 2015, 10:27:32 AM
Did you know he originally auditioned to play Hicks? Doubly ironic then that he was cast as Quaritch in Avatar, because Michael Biehn was originally in the running for that.

Not that I remember, no. That's pretty cool. Do you have any extra info on it?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2015, 10:31:45 AMNot that I remember, no. That's pretty cool. Do you have any extra info on it?

Not really I'm afraid. But I've read it in a couple of places, including somewhere on Valaquen's site if I remember rightly. Lang was one of the people who auditioned for Hicks, but he didn't get the part. Then when Avatar was gearing up Cameron supposedly had Biehn in mind for the villain, but changed his mind when he decided having Weaver, space soldiers and Michael Biehn all in the same film would invite too many direct comparisons with Aliens, so Biehn was removed and the part was recast with Lang.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just chatting to Val, he auditioned for it. That's pretty much the story. lol

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That's... Interesting.

Now I'm imagining what both those films would have been like with the acting roles reversed.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2015, 12:17:08 PM
I've tweeted to ask. I'm hoping not though. Doesn't really seem worth her excitement just to use her character name. I was hoping for something more involving of her herself.

I take it she didn't respond?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Unfortunately not.

QuoteI am touched many fans believe I should be in the Aliens 5 film. Thank you for believing in me...you are all incredible! #NEWTLIVES #ALIENS

https://twitter.com/RealCarrieHenn/status/673745091807199233

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's interesting that not long after teasing that #NEWTLIVES™ stuff, Michael Biehn popped-up from out of nowhere and said Newt will be in Alien 5. Was she referring to Biehn's impending bean spillage all along? Is this some grand conspiracy triangle between Blomkamp, Henn and Biehn in order to get the film back on track? Or is it just totally random shit?

predxeno

predxeno

So when is Carrie Henn going to tell us more about #NEWTLIVES?  I can't take this waiting.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

In 17 days...

predxeno

predxeno

Really? :o  That's faster than I would have thought, did she tweet that?

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Just a joke.  Sorry.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed