Alien Next Door - Alien Cartoon Book

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 27, 2015, 11:58:33 AM

Author
Alien Next Door - Alien Cartoon Book (Read 18,843 times)

Corporal Hicks

Well this is certainly a surprise! Alien Next Door is currently being advertised in the September issue of Previews. The advertisement bills Alien Next Door as the “first official Alien cartoon book” and comes from the artist Joey Spiotto, who seems to be quite well known for this style of artwork.

“See a new, caring side to the legendary science fiction monster. From facehuggers to feather dusters, discover how the perfect killing machine relaxes after a day of scaring space marines.”

Alien Next Door by Joey Spiotto, due for released November 4 2015. Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

Alien Next Door by Joey Spiotto, due for released November 4 2015.

Due for release on the 4th of November, Alien Next Door will be published by Titan who are also publishing a brand new Alien vs Predator novel trilogy, the first of which (Predator: Incursion) is due out at the end of September. Thanks to Matt Booker from over at the Weyland-Yutani Bulletin for the news!

Corporal Hicks

Was the Ant book a comic or a cartoon?

Xenomorphine

MY INNER PRE-SCHOOLER IS READY FOR THIS.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

This looks pretty cute. I'm excited to see all the wind up coming out next year for the 30th anniversary!

Corporal Hicks

I can't wait to see what else they've got in store for us!  ;D

SM

SM

The reaction to this in interesting compared to Predator fans reaction to Archie vs Predator.  ;D

Perfect-Organism

My first thoughts were like Corporal Hicks.  What about Cyberantics?  Then again, were there actually any aliens in that?

My second thought was: humph

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 27, 2015, 09:44:15 PM
The reaction to this in interesting compared to Predator fans reaction to Archie vs Predator.  ;D

Only 2 negative posts on FB - one of which was Predxeno, which surprised me. Folk seem to really like this idea.

SM

SM

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  :laugh:

I had a flick through Archie vs Predator.  I didn't buy it, but it did look fun.

XenoHunter99

This kind of publication feeds Scott's notion that the Big Chap has lost his bite. Could be entertaining, but maybe Predxeno has a point.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Any franchise will have these kind of cutesy stuff though.

XenoHunter99

Cutesy makeovers can happen to anything with sufficient penetration into the mainstream? Like this?
http://io9.com/action-and-horror-movie-characters-get-cutesy-manga-mak-1474091326

Xenomorphine

Make something a big enough success and humour will emerge from its fandom.

There were cartoons and stuff way back when even the first film came out. We just didn't have the Internet to help laugh about them, back then. :)

SM

SM

Yep:

And there's been an endless stream of toys - for an R-rated franchise - since, including things like bobble heads and plushies.

But THIS BOOK is totes responsible for making Alien a joke...  :laugh:

XenoHunter99

I like that puzzle!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed