Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 81,049 times)

John Stevens

John Stevens

Glad it went to court, hopefully this will not be the end of this.Pity we will never get a follow up to continue the story of Hicks....

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just follow me on Twitter.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: John Stevens on Sep 02, 2014, 01:50:21 PM
Glad it went to court, hopefully this will not be the end of this.Pity we will never get a follow up to continue the story of Hicks....
What story? He died on Fury-161. I know its sad, its my fav char from Aliens but it is what it is.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Pritchford looks exactly like my team leader when I was in Ethiopia. 

He has that same look of confidence that belies his internal cluelessness.

This makes me dislike him even more. 

Nightlord

Nightlord

QuoteAn enclosed proposition document noted that Pitchford is a "respected development celebrity and is guaranteed to be headline material in worldwide press coverage."

The motion goes on to say that the E3 2011 demo, which many point to as the crux of the misleading advertising, was created entirely by Gearbox.

Following the presentation, Gearbox officials told Sega officials that the demo was the bar the game should be held to, according to an internal email.

"During one of my conversations with Gearbox today I verified that the E3 Demo is indeed the bar that we should use to determine where the entire game will be," Matt Powers, senior producer at Sega of America, wrote to a handful of other Sega employees. "That is Gearbox's plan and what they believe in. I just wanted to double-check with them and since I did I figured I would pass that along to you."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/3/6102035/sega-gearbox-lawsuit-aliens-colonial-marines

Vrastal

Vrastal

goddamnit gearbox

philiphish

philiphish

this is becoming my favorite SHOW, im eagerly hoping for the next EPISODE
....really, this sega/gearbox relationship is like a soap-opera

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Piece of shit Randy.

ikarop

ikarop

They are just trying to rightfully switch all the blame on GBX at this point. Developers sometimes do leak information to journalists or fans at events so it's not that rare or unprecedented. Just adds to Randy Pitchford's innate showmanship I guess.

And how can we possibly have known and not Sega that the E3 2011 demo was mostly outsourced and produced as a cinematic experience (and NOT part of the game). Also just a side note, Matt Powers is the person from Sega who said ACM was NOT outsourced right after the game was released and rumours started to spread.

SM

SM

Md

Md

How bout they just fix the freaking game already, its not to late for patches

SM

SM

Yeah it is.

The Pred

The Pred

Oh really? f**k off,you both failed in making this game. You're just getting pissed of SEGA,because you can't realize how much of a f**king failure and disappointment this game was. God help me if Isolation is bad then you need to stop making games

gabgrave

gabgrave

Quote from: Nightlord on Sep 03, 2014, 08:08:53 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/3/6102035/sega-gearbox-lawsuit-aliens-colonial-marines
This is starting to smell.
QuoteGearbox Software studio head Randy Pitchford did "whatever the f**k he likes" when it came to the marketing and promotion of Aliens: Colonial Marines, according to documents filed this week in the class-action lawsuit claiming the game was falsely advertised at trade shows.

The Sept. 2 filing by Sega of America details the publisher's take on why Gearbox is just as culpable in the case as Sega. The company's attorney writes that despite Gearbox's claims that they weren't involved in marketing, Gearbox participated equally, sometimes overstepping bounds or keeping Sega in the dark about promotional decisions.
http://kotaku.com/the-legal-battle-over-aliens-colonial-marines-just-got-1630197749
Has more documents.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed