Archie Comics & Dark Horse Comics Announce Archie vs. Predator 2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 02, 2019, 09:35:35 PM

Author
Archie Comics & Dark Horse Comics Announce Archie vs. Predator 2 (Read 5,768 times)

Corporal Hicks

The list of potential adversaries for the Predator is not small! He’s faced some serious contenders including Batman, Superman, and Alien (of course). Back in 2015 He also had a run in with in with Riverdale’s Archie. And now he’s back for more!

The second Archie vs. Predator mini will follow on directly from the first — and those who've read the original know just how unlikely that might be. "All I'm going to say is that it's a meta-commentary on corporate franchise reboots, given that Archie was rebooted right after [the first Archie vs. Predator] was released, and the Predator franchise got its reboot with last year's The Predator film," de Campi said.

"As usual with my work, you'll be able to read it as that if you want to, but it's mostly going to be a lot of teenagers dying in increasingly creative and sudden ways, and also jokes. Entertaining the reader comes first. The other stuff, the formalist obstacle course I set myself, I do because it entertains me."

She went on, "I think as anyone who read the first AvP knows, I'm a huge fan of both franchises, and it's massively important to me that both Archie and Predator fans feel like I'm handling their babies with love and respect and knowledge. My goal is always to deliver a great Archie comic — with the humor, teen drama and romance we love from Riverdale's finest — as well as a great Predator comic, with the scares and violence you want from the galaxy's most dangerous hunters."

Alex de Campi is returning to pen the sequel to her original series, with Robert Hack of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina fame stepping in to provide art. The first issue is due to drop on the 24th of July. Thanks to Nick Whitcomb for the link.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator literature news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

RakaiThwei

Well, this was completely unexpected....

Ummm... I'll probably sit this one out, just like the last one.

Ultramorph

This is not the crossover I was hoping for.

SM

First one was great fun.

Xiggz456

Ya the first one was both hilarious and brutal! I'll be picking it up for sure.

Xenomrph

I'm legit excited for this, the first one was great.

Frosty Venom

I'll have to get around to reading the first one now.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 02, 2019, 10:57:14 PM
This is not the crossover I was hoping for.

Hey...AvP still exists...  :'(

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 02, 2019, 11:48:14 PM
Ya the first one was both hilarious and brutal! I'll be picking it up for sure.

I never actually read the first one but considering how much I've warmed up to the DC crossovers, I think I'm going to have to give it a go.

Whiskeybrewer

Never read the first series. Is it worth reading?

Xenomrph

Yes, absolutely. It's a ton of fun; it's drawn by one of the in-house Archie artists so it's got that art style, but it's gory as heck. I think Archie vs The Punisher gets a sly shout-out at one point, too.

Local Trouble

I hope it explains why Jughead is always wearing that crown-lookin' hat of his.

SM

He da king of Queen Archie's world.

Wweyland

For some reason the first series is hard to get hands on. Looks like a new TPB will be released in September though.

Xenomrph

Oh hey, it's the Fugitive Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed