The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 73,324 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

my bet is it's going to be a good film for your average joe who doesn't take the franchise too seriously and just wants to see a bit of mayhem for an hour and a half or so,  but a terrible predator film for the fans like us who do take it seriously. That's where I think we are at .. the BIG divide I'd call it.  ::)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 07, 2018, 10:38:41 AM
huntin8-t0n - I know, and I understand you. Believe me, Im giving that film its chance, but still. . there are way too much to accept for me as a fan. Too much to accept for any true fan. I want to see it no matter what, its still Predator film, you know. But I have my own results from it already, results that not even the trailer can change that much. I just dont have that faith as you have, how can I have any faith after all this info? You dont know that much in the terms of spoilers? Honestly, man. . its good for you. . but then prepare for a shock. It can happen, I just warn you buddy.

Believe me, I get it. I have high standards for basically anything including predators (for instance I really dislike the sounds in the MK X game, for they aren't that much reminiscent of the original  :D even though the predator looks really good and classic)

Also, many points mentioned (like predators in human clothes by someone) are total nonsense, as I see, I agree. It might happen that a predator jumps in in some jeans and I stand up and curse, and leave the cinema. So yea, I am kind of prepared, especially after predators.

But until I see it, I advise myself (even though I have fears) not to judge it too early. I might be very wrong and will be sad, disappointed etc. but if I am in a state of disapproval in advance, that will just cloud my judgement.

If it will be a terrible movie, I'll be sad and disappointed for sure. Also, I'll ignore any stupid ideas anyway.

QuoteI dont want to be negative, but what can I do with my feelings?

Nothing, for sure. I'm not even trying to convince, just maybe my point of view can give some positive input for you/anyone.

If the movie sucks, we'll go to the next pub and drink all night long :D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I agree Dekker could be the biggest problem here, that's why i'm betting on Black to counterbalance that...

KillCrites

KillCrites

We should be getting a trailer any day now, it's killing me.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: KillCrites on May 07, 2018, 01:03:21 PM
DP2 is in ten days. But don't lose your mind if those aren't connected.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 07, 2018, 03:07:14 PM
Quote from: KillCrites on May 07, 2018, 01:03:21 PM
DP2 is in ten days. But don't lose your mind if those aren't connected.

Be one hell of a missed opportunity if it wasn't. Everyone's gonna see it, so why not?

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 07, 2018, 10:52:43 AM
skull-splitter - Exactly, as you said. Iron man 3 is not a bad film itself, but when you are a fan and know about Mandarin from comics? Its totally different for you, and its disgusting (same as Predators in pants) and what about our friend Fred Dekker? He already ruined the Robocop franchise. And as ELDERCLANLEADER said here before, he (Dekker) personaly dont like the original Predator that much or something. So in this case, for me its 1+1=2 as I said, I really dont want to be fully negative, but on the other hand. . how can I be positive. Its impossible for me, sorry guys, I just feel that in this way. :'(

A lot of things went wrong with Robocop 3. No Weller. No O'Herlihy. PG-13 rating. Terrible special effects. I'm holding out hope that we get a real Robocop sequel one day. Would love for Peter Weller to get interested.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Robocop 3 is not that bad.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 07, 2018, 08:11:45 PM
Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 07, 2018, 10:52:43 AM
skull-splitter - Exactly, as you said. Iron man 3 is not a bad film itself, but when you are a fan and know about Mandarin from comics? Its totally different for you, and its disgusting (same as Predators in pants) and what about our friend Fred Dekker? He already ruined the Robocop franchise. And as ELDERCLANLEADER said here before, he (Dekker) personaly dont like the original Predator that much or something. So in this case, for me its 1+1=2 as I said, I really dont want to be fully negative, but on the other hand. . how can I be positive. Its impossible for me, sorry guys, I just feel that in this way. :'(

A lot of things went wrong with Robocop 3. No Weller. No O'Herlihy. PG-13 rating. Terrible special effects. I'm holding out hope that we get a real Robocop sequel one day. Would love for Peter Weller to get interested.

A real sequel would be cool. Something set in modern times with Robocop having to adapt or somesuch.

I remember Robocop 3 just being definitively stupid and inconsistent to the point of ridiculousness. I mean, even right down to small silly things like Robocop standing up through the roof of his car rather than just opening the door. Nothing made sense in that film.

Huggs

Huggs

Regardless of what happens with this movie, the predator isn't going anywhere. He's popping up in videogames. There's the omnibus along with "If It Bleeds", which I thought was fantastic. And with the Alien enjoying another good release from Titan, I don't see another Predator book being out of the question. Not to mention the awesome audio dramas we've been getting. These creatures are enjoying a good run outside of film, and we're getting to enjoy them in many different ways.

So say it all goes south, and we don't get another movie for 5-10 years. The predator will always be an icon, and will maintain a presence outside of the theater. I've seen people buying motorcycle helmets made to resemble a predator mask. I've seen tattoos, and merchandise. It will continue on in many different ways. He's a figure in popular culture, and he ain't goin' no where.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

I don't think anyone believes that the predator will ever fade from pop culture. I think people just want more movies on a consistent basis.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 08, 2018, 03:51:42 AM
I don't think anyone believes that the predator will ever fade from pop culture. I think people just want more movies on a consistent basis.

Indeed. I highly doubt it's gonna happen though. Predator and Alien aren't Iron Man or Pirates of the Caribbean. There's only so many movies to expect per-decade. My point was that even if "The Predator" puts the kibosh to the movies for awhile, there's still a lot of way to enjoy the creature outside of the cinema. And those aren't going to go dormant.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Ya know Huggs if you have too many bombs and lack luster outings, they will retire a franchise "indefinitely."

The Predator franchise as a whole has not been given particularly good treatment in terms of quality control or consistency.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Im of total agreement , fox have treated the predator franchise very badly film wise , my hope is disney will change that in the future , sure predator is going nowhere but I dont think expecting a quality product is wrong , after  all its our hard earned cash at the end the day. My big worry is the film will be a flop , and we wont see a predator film for many many years to come. Disney will only invest in something that they know they can make their money back on.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 08, 2018, 01:39:02 PM
Im of total agreement , fox have treated the predator franchise very badly film wise , my hope is disney will change that in the future , sure predator is going nowhere but I dont think expecting a quality product is wrong , after  all its our hard earned cash at the end the day. My big worry is the film will be a flop , and we wont see a predator film for many many years to come. Disney will only invest in something that they know they can make their money back on.

dont get your hopes up, look what happend to star wars under disney's care.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed