First Official Prometheus Poster

Started by Darkness, Dec 14, 2011, 07:01:45 PM

Author
First Official Prometheus Poster (Read 51,638 times)

gyro

gyro

very cool

Dogme

Dogme

Quote from: Darkoo on Dec 15, 2011, 06:42:35 AM
desktops (all 1920x1080)

bottom of poster
http://i.imgur.com/Ddrnb.jpg

face only
http://i.imgur.com/IOZ1T.jpg

face w/logo
http://i.imgur.com/H5XeV.jpg
Well that's my desktop sorted out :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've got some posters in the mail to me. Will give them away via Facebook and Twitter.

Quote from: Dirty Harry on Dec 15, 2011, 03:27:29 PM
consultant/advisor
:'(
If there were any justice in this world, Giger would receive full power on the Alien creatures in this film.That head has nothing with Giger.
However,only the official trailer will give us a true veredict about this film.

Waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting...

As I understand it, he's only done the designs for one element of the film.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2011, 08:25:45 PMAs I understand it, he's only done the designs for one element of the film.

Yes, and it's purportedly highly secret and meant to be a big surprise, so it isn't the head; the least kept secret of the whole film. If there is any justice in the world it will be our new 'creature'.

-Chris

Mr. Clemens

Do we know that Giger designed this whatever-it-is, and wasn't just 'consultant' to the actual designers? This distinction means a lot to me...

Corporal Hicks

We don't but it's towards the end of the film.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 15, 2011, 09:49:24 PMDo we know that Giger designed this whatever-it-is, and wasn't just 'consultant' to the actual designers? This distinction means a lot to me...

I think the quote was something like 'Giger is working on a special project for the movie [...] that will blow everyones mind'. Paraphrased, but that was the gist of it if I remember correctly.

-Chris

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 15, 2011, 09:57:27 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 15, 2011, 09:49:24 PMDo we know that Giger designed this whatever-it-is, and wasn't just 'consultant' to the actual designers? This distinction means a lot to me...

I think the quote was something like 'Giger is working on a special project for the movie [...] that will blow everyones mind'. Paraphrased, but that was the gist of it if I remember correctly.

-Chris

That makes me happy! thanks, guys.  :)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

When asked about HR Giger's involvement in the film, Sir Ridley replies:
"We had a good relationship with Giger for many years. We showed him the script for [Prometheus] and he liked it. He's going to work a bit for me with this movie and has been working on a major project that comes in the film."

this is from an interview a while back with Ridley when they began shooting in Iceland.

Dogme

Dogme

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Dec 15, 2011, 10:01:37 PM
When asked about HR Giger's involvement in the film, Sir Ridley replies:
"We had a good relationship with Giger for many years. We showed him the script for [Prometheus] and he liked it. He's going to work a bit for me with this movie and has been working on a major project that comes in the film."
Maybe we'll see a Giger designed transformation scene involving one of the crew, one of them turning into god knows what :O If Giger is involved it's going to be something really unpleasant :D

SM

SM

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Dec 15, 2011, 11:25:59 AM

Alien head? Coincidental I'm sure but first thing that actually stuck out to me about the poster.

Flacid uncircumcised penis?  Coincidental I'm sure...

;D

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

All those analysis on the poster and the bootleg are ridiculous. ;)

Biomechanoid20

Let us have more crazy poster analysis!

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

No, its cool but some are really twisted minds. ;)

Scree

Scree

Hehe, I just realized the head on the poster looks like Marv from Sin City from that angle.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed