Do you want Alien: Isolation to reference eggmorphing?

Started by predxeno, Aug 24, 2014, 06:46:48 PM

Do you want Alien: Isolation to reference eggmorphing?

Yes
34 (72.3%)
No
13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Do you want Alien: Isolation to reference eggmorphing? (Read 5,401 times)

predxeno

Personally, I think it would be cool to see something like that in the game; the original scene in the Director's Cut was just so creepy and horrifying seeing Brett and Dallas being turned into eggs; I would love to see a revisit to this infamous but shadowy part of the Alien's life cycle.

Xenomrph

I think it'd be cool, I'd be kinda surprised if we didn't see it in the "play as Ripley" bonus level.

LastSurvivor92

I agree. I think the egg morphing idea was far more terrifying and original than the Queen. Most definitely one of the most horrifying scenes in the whole film. The Directors Cut of course. Better than the theatrical cut. It builds up the climax and I thought it added more horror and mystery to the Alien. I hope to see it in the game  :)

Randomizer

Corporal Hicks

Would definitely love to see it. It'd certainly be another stand-out from the Alien games of late - last game I can think of to do that was the original Rebellion AvP.

thecaffeinatedone

It made the process of reproduction all the more horrifying in practice, even though the idea itself was somewhat cheesy. It'd be nice to see it, it'd give them more material to work with as well as not break canon.

hfeldhaus

Somewhat cheesy? compared to the queen it's as from cheese as you can get. Still to this day I wish Cameron had used the idea instead ofthe queen. Far more alien

Milan

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 26, 2014, 10:44:27 PM
Somewhat cheesy? compared to the queen it's as from cheese as you can get. Still to this day I wish Cameron had used the idea instead ofthe queen. Far more alien

I like to think that the aliens strive for a hive structure and that the eggmorphing is used for the creation of a queen facehugger. But they were two ppl being turned into eggs so maybe that's how they reproduce untill a queen is born...

predxeno

Not necessarily, I remember one of the movie's producers claimed only Brett was turning into an egg and Dallas was only the intended host for Brett's facehugger.

PsyKore

I prefer the egg-morphing over the Queen, myself, just because it is so utterly horrific.

Master

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 27, 2014, 08:28:08 AM
Not necessarily, I remember one of the movie's producers claimed only Brett was turning into an egg and Dallas was only the intended host for Brett's facehugger.
Yeah I remember it too, and really like this idea.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 26, 2014, 10:56:29 AMWould definitely love to see it. It'd certainly be another stand-out from the Alien games of late - last game I can think of to do that was the original Rebellion AvP.

Did it?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah - I'm talking Jaguar AvP here. You "cocooned/egg-morphed" marines and they acted as save points. When you died, you birthed from one of them.

HuDaFuK

Ah right, thought you meant the 1999 PC game!

Xenoscream

Would like to see it, but I think it's unlikely in the main game.

I'd be disappointed if we never found a "nest" area in A:I, however from what we have seen so far I wouldn't be shocked if the A:I was more like the alien in Alien 3 in behavior.

I do expect us to see this in the Ripley extra content though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed