The "How to Make a GOOD Third Prequel" ideas thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Mar 22, 2020, 04:19:47 PM

Author
The "How to Make a GOOD Third Prequel" ideas thread (Read 5,147 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2020, 02:50:31 AM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 26, 2020, 03:08:46 AM
I don't see 20th Century F/S doing any of the more interesting stuff again, I expect something just competent rooted in nostalgia, I just hope it's in a respectful way.

I agree. Even If we get any kind of Alien movie (prequel, sequel, soft reboot), I think it is very likely they will play safe with the IP. Not risky ideas. No more experiments. As long as they do it right, it should not be a bad thing. At least in theory.

I concur.

Huggs

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2020, 12:19:34 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 25, 2020, 01:23:57 PM
The Isolation design got the most important aspect super wrong - the face. It's the most iconic part of the original, since it's what we see the most of, and they gave it this ridiculous broad, flat design. Bleurgh.

Sometimes I feel you have to throw controversial statement for thе sake of it.

But he's right.

Necronomicon II

Just give me a field of writhing dongs and plenty of 'em.  ;D

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2020, 03:42:53 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2020, 08:53:37 PM
I detect irony!!! Beep, beep, beep ! Err.
Do you mean sarcasm?

You've got what I mean

Corporal Hicks

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 27, 2020, 07:02:49 AM
You've got what I mean
No sarcasm intended! It would be much better to see the design and not care, or better, to like it, than to be bugged by something ultimately irrelevant.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 27, 2020, 08:37:26 AM
Boys.

Ok, I'll behave

Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2020, 09:30:56 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 27, 2020, 07:02:49 AM
You've got what I mean
No sarcasm intended! It would be much better to see the design and not care, or better, to like it, than to be bugged by something ultimately irrelevant.

I'm sorry. I just hold the game very close to my heart and when people say something bad about it I tend to take it too personal and act quite irrationally. I really don't see any problems with Stompy's face. You can't really see it in much detail unless you get caught and even then it's only couple seconds and black screen

Voodoo Magic

You guys always getting stuck on the physical. I always try to seek out the Xenomorph's inner beauty, and see if it has a good sense of humor.

Kradan

That's ... actually a good approach

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 11:55:26 AM
You guys always getting stuck on the physical. I always try to seek out the Xenomorph's inner beauty, and see if it has a good sense of humor.

There is no inner beauty in the crabators ???

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2020, 07:52:37 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 11:55:26 AM

There is no inner beauty in the crabators ???

No way. They're evil. Especially the tiny ones. Do you know how tiny Crabators move on from one person to the next?

Spoiler
They use pubic transport

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

irn

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 22, 2020, 09:32:54 PM
Although I agree with nearly all of the above hypothesis just let the "ancient aliens" nonsense stay dead, let David, believing itself the creator, discover the LV-426 Derelict exactly as it is far predating any form of humanity. Let the revelation fully unravel the Artificial Intelligence, he's not truly unique as he currently believes, it's all happened before, the "Perfect Organism" combination of organic and synthetic existed before and it's the Alien.

That's great. I really like the idea of David discovering he's not the god he believed himself to be. If this could tie in with the Engineers being part of some kind of corporate hoax then I'd be happy. Something that would destroy the "ancient aliens" nonsense and at the same time add more to how big the conspiracy within Weyland-Yutani is. I think I wrote it in a previous thread before, but I'd like it to come out that the Engineers are like "Replicant" type things that were sent in advance, by WY or another company, to pre-terraform worlds. Some discovered a crashed Space Jockey ship and decided maybe there's more to the universe and tried to become their own thing. Perhaps there's controversy about sending these somewhat sentient beings into space to colonise worlds on the quiet.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: irn on Mar 28, 2020, 06:30:27 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 22, 2020, 09:32:54 PM
Although I agree with nearly all of the above hypothesis just let the "ancient aliens" nonsense stay dead, let David, believing itself the creator, discover the LV-426 Derelict exactly as it is far predating any form of humanity. Let the revelation fully unravel the Artificial Intelligence, he's not truly unique as he currently believes, it's all happened before, the "Perfect Organism" combination of organic and synthetic existed before and it's the Alien.

That's great. I really like the idea of David discovering he's not the god he believed himself to be. If this could tie in with the Engineers being part of some kind of corporate hoax then I'd be happy. Something that would destroy the "ancient aliens" nonsense and at the same time add more to how big the conspiracy within Weyland-Yutani is. I think I wrote it in a previous thread before, but I'd like it to come out that the Engineers are like "Replicant" type things that were sent in advance, by WY or another company, to pre-terraform worlds. Some discovered a crashed Space Jockey ship and decided maybe there's more to the universe and tried to become their own thing. Perhaps there's controversy about sending these somewhat sentient beings into space to colonise worlds on the quiet.

They should explain that everything is an Ancient Conspiracy. So the Engineers are genetically engineered super humans, created by Weyland Yutani in the future as part of a secret terraforming project using Space Jockey technology, which was obtained from never-before-seen artifacts (not the Derelict) made by the Mala'kak species: Non-carbon based life forms similar to pachyderms, capable of generating symbiosis with machines, sometimes altering space-time around them or even reality itself. They're not ancient, nor entities from a distant future. They just exist above everything.

Now back to the "Replicants", the experiment got out of control, triggering a transhumanism event were the Engineers become an unstoppable Posthuman civilization. They can perceive time in a non-linear way thanks to Mala'kak bioengineering. This makes them able to interact in the past, present and future. We are our own gods, and yet we are biased by our own arrogance. Building better worlds is our motto.

Then, our creation David discovers that the Derelict has been on LV-426 for millennia with the original Alien, which makes David another Ossian  ;) I'm looking forward to see that villain ego fall from the highest  :laugh:

Plus, in this "what if" scenario there might be some kind of City in a Bottle, so to speak. A background of the City Noir kind, which look like an in between Cyberpunk & Biopunk world; where the Engineers are being born. A setting like the one featured in the movie Dark City. Or even something like Blade Runner meet BioShock  8)

Necronomicon II

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 29, 2020, 04:33:16 AM
Nah cyborg sex and horror is where it's at baby  ;D.

So David is a male Sexbot? Doesn't this mean Daniels is destined to die by snus snus like Lambert?

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 29, 2020, 04:33:16 AM
https://www.wired.com/2010/02/hr-gigers-cyborg-horror-merges-sex-tech-legend/

Added to favorites. Thank you  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed