The "How to Make a GOOD Third Prequel" ideas thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Mar 22, 2020, 04:19:47 PM

Author
The "How to Make a GOOD Third Prequel" ideas thread (Read 5,197 times)

Nightmare Asylum

You know those Walter/David scenes that were too weird for some people? Double down on stuff like that, and a third prequel is off to a good start. 8)

Huggs

Syncest: The Movie

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see 20th Century F/S doing any of the more interesting stuff again, I expect something just competent rooted in nostalgia, I just hope it's in a respectful way.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Mar 25, 2020, 01:23:57 PM
The Isolation design got the most important aspect super wrong - the face. It's the most iconic part of the original, since it's what we see the most of, and they gave it this ridiculous broad, flat design. Bleurgh.

Sometimes I feel you have to throw controversial statement for thе sake of it. I don't have any problem with Stompy's close-up look.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know if that's fair.

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2020, 12:19:34 PM
. I don't have any problem with Stompy's close-up look.
More power to you :)

Kradan

I detect irony!!! Beep, beep, beep ! Err.

SM

That ain't it, Alanis.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2020, 09:15:02 PM
That ain't it, Alanis.

I don't get that reference. Who is it ?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2020, 12:19:34 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 25, 2020, 01:23:57 PM
The Isolation design got the most important aspect super wrong - the face. It's the most iconic part of the original, since it's what we see the most of, and they gave it this ridiculous broad, flat design. Bleurgh.

Sometimes I feel you have to throw controversial statement for thе sake of it. I don't have any problem with Stompy's close-up look.

I don't know if it's the jaw, but there is something I don't like in the face of the Sevastopol Alien. Also the hind limbs  :-\

SM

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2020, 09:18:29 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2020, 09:15:02 PM
That ain't it, Alanis.

I don't get that reference. Who is it ?

A song called Ironic by Alanis Morissette that features things that aren't actually ironic but just bad luck and oh my god that song is now 25 years old...  :-\

426Buddy

Yeah I think stompy looks great, I never had an issue with the jaw like Sil.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 26, 2020, 03:08:46 AM
I don't see 20th Century F/S doing any of the more interesting stuff again, I expect something just competent rooted in nostalgia, I just hope it's in a respectful way.

I agree. Even If we get any kind of Alien movie (prequel, sequel, soft reboot), I think it is very likely they will play safe with the IP. Not risky ideas. No more experiments. As long as they do it right, it should not be a bad thing. At least in theory.

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2020, 08:53:37 PM
I detect irony!!! Beep, beep, beep ! Err.
Do you mean sarcasm?

The Old One

The Old One

I think you're right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed