The "How to Make a GOOD Third Prequel" ideas thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Mar 22, 2020, 04:19:47 PM

Author
The "How to Make a GOOD Third Prequel" ideas thread (Read 5,148 times)

Drukathi

Well, the idea of ultramorph is much older than the ultimate predator. I don't like to compare them. Besides, if we draw parallels, I don't like the idea that aliens will kill each other or "earlier versions" (like predator and super predators, predator and ultimate/upgrade predator). IMO, this is a very dumb way to show the power and coolness of a new monster. Anyway, let's leave it for the Predators ;) I think it would be better if aliens, on the contrary, cooperate with each other (I mean other subspecies and "earlier versions").

I don't look at ultramorphs as the ultimate species. They are just different. Xenomoprphs from Aliens was a warriors, well, soldiers - a kind of regular army. But ultramorphs can be like special forces. Other skills, behavior, tactical decisions. At least they will not die in the hundreds in an attempt to break through deadly turrets. xD

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps then, if done correctly though, and we get to see all "three types" of Alien "starting points" working alongside each other.

Drukathi

By the third type, do you mean a neomorph?

On the one hand, I would like to see the battle between xenomorph and neomorph in AC. On the other hand, I'm glad that this scene was not in the film. I want to say - why should they fight with each other?

dave1978

To get a good 3rd prequel they need to retcon Prometheus & Covenant,  the biggest problem with these 2 was that they didnt give "the fans" what they wanted from the Space Jockey and the mystery of the derelict,  atleast thats the impression i always get.

Samhain13

Even though I might not even want another one. For me leave Ridley out of anything related to writing and try to retcon the most controversial stuff from the previous ones. Make an alien movie. Not ancient astronaut propaganda. Not about an AI vs human story.

Make its own thing and don't tie to retcon stuff from the original movies.

The only thing that could please most fans is if at least they could bring the original alien design back.

The Old One

The Old One

@Drukathi
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=63237.msg2445294#msg2445294
Here's exactly the way the titular Alien directly opposes the Pathogen creations.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 22, 2020, 09:12:15 PM
The Engineer leave David's new world with the colonial survivors aboard his vessel, with the intention of taking them to an undisclosed destination. During the flight, an Alien erupts from the Engineer and the ship crashes on LV-426 with all the human survivors trapped inside the hold of the ship.  Every single one of them is eggmorphed.  That's a reasonable way to connect these movies. 
-Windebieste.

Arnold Böcklin's Isle of the Dead is referenced in the Engineers cathedral. I like to think that the art honored in the movie can give us clues to the sequel. For example in the case of Isle of the Dead, one of the interpretations is that the oarsman it's a representation of Charon, the boatman who ferries souls to the underworld through the waters of the river Acheron (which is another name for LV-426) in Greek mythology.

With that in mind, I like to think that the Space Jockey is our ferryman Charon transporting the lost souls of the Covenant crew aboard his spaceship. Eggmorphing can return as a more creepy method in the Alien's lifecycle, with a Gargantuan Ultramorph turning the colonists into Ovomorphs.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 22, 2020, 09:32:54 PM
Although I agree with nearly all of the above hypothesis just let the "ancient aliens" nonsense stay dead, let David, believing itself the creator, discover the LV-426 Derelict exactly as it is far predating any form of humanity. Let the revelation fully unravel the Artificial Intelligence, he's not truly unique as he currently believes, it's all happened before, the "Perfect Organism" combination of organic and synthetic existed before and it's the Alien.

That's probably my favorite hypothetical outcome. Our beloved unreliable narrator being shocked at such a revelation. It would be like in "At the Monuntaing of Madness". David is narcissistic and megalomaniac. I can't think of a better conclusion for his arc  8)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 23, 2020, 03:58:09 AM
Perhaps a compromise: the Engineers advanced to point that they have a non-linear perception of time (like the "aliens" from Interstellar or the septopods from Arrival) and created the aliens in the ancient past after "seeing" David do it first in their distant future.  Try to wrap your minds around that.

Now this is the kind of twists that I like in science fiction. I suppose that beings who perceive time non-linearly have a more omniscient point of view. But it could be more paradoxical: Engineers created the Alien in the past thanks to David's prototype in the future. However, the black goo (which David used to create his Alien) was obtained from the Engineers' Alien. That is to say: The Alien of the Engineers cannot exist without the actions of David and the Alien of David cannot exist without the Alien of the Engineers because the Black Goo comes from there. It seems like a time travel paradox  :laugh:

Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 23, 2020, 08:18:19 PM
I think they should leave the prequel ideas. IMO, it will be better (and will give a new round to the Alien universe) if the third film will be located in the future. After AR. Let David stay on Origae-6 and create-evolve his dreams. And then he will return to exterminate humanity with the creatures of his ultimate prefect dreams - with ultramorphs.

Although it is not my favorite hypothetical setting, I find it interesting. I've even thought about David meeting Ripley 8. Actually in another  recent thread, and following the OP's thoughts, I have speculated that Giger's land might be in the future and not in the ancient past. The OP mentions that Giger's art is a vision of the future and not of the past. I read elsewhere that nuclear weapons and war served as inspiration. With that in mind, I can portrait in my mind lifeforms that evolved to become biomechanical in nature, through bizarre sexual reproduction mechanism, in order to survive a hostile environment. Giger's Übermensch so to speak  :P :P

The Old One

The Old One

@Drukathi
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=63236.msg2445293#msg2445293
Here's exactly the way the Pathogen creations directly opposes the titular Alien.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 25, 2020, 02:38:44 AM
@Drukathi
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=63236.msg2445293#msg2445293
Here's exactly the way the Pathogen creations directly opposes the titular Alien.

That has to be the best synthesis I've seen so far. You should make a blog.

The Old One

The Old One

Thank you, perhaps so, I think entries probably sparse though. 

Immortan Jonesy

I guess so. It's an amazing, useful and well putting together piece of information.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 24, 2020, 11:54:01 AM
The only thing that could please most fans is if at least they could bring the original alien design back.

I strongly agree with that. After all, we haven't seen that design since 1979. Alien Isolation was the closest, but it's not the same. Furthermore, the original Alien is the most beautiful of all.

The Old One

The Old One

I really like the Isolation interpretation of the original design, I'm up for seeing something similar done with not just the Drone, but also the Warrior and Runner and Defender.

SiL

The Isolation design got the most important aspect super wrong - the face. It's the most iconic part of the original, since it's what we see the most of, and they gave it this ridiculous broad, flat design. Bleurgh.

The Old One

The Old One

I think it got changed to fall in line with more modern horror sensibilities, not necessarily a completely good or bad thing, I know one 20th Century F/S consultant who resides here interpreted one design for the other.

Huggs

Simplest answer?

Everything they did in the other two movies, just don't do any of that stuff again.

How hard could it be anymore? They basically now have the entire playbook of everything not to do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed