NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,196,740 times)

walker31

walker31

I agree they do look impressive in hand.  I guess my main reason for now for keeping them in package is lack of a proper area to display them.  I dont own a glass case yet, and just placing them on an end table or computer desk doesnt seem right.  Im thinking about a long fish aquarium to build a backdrop for the preds when the time is right.  Someday maybe I'll have a mancave with pred posters and walls of biohelmets and cases full of Predators!  one can dream...

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: walker31 on Dec 27, 2011, 08:37:59 PM
I agree they do look impressive in hand.  I guess my main reason for now for keeping them in package is lack of a proper area to display them.  I dont own a glass case yet, and just placing them on an end table or computer desk doesnt seem right.  Im thinking about a long fish aquarium to build a backdrop for the preds when the time is right.  Someday maybe I'll have a mancave with pred posters and walls of biohelmets and cases full of Predators!  one can dream...
Its cool if you keep them in the package. I can see why some people would keep them in the package because someday they can sell it for money or just keep them to hang on the wall. I only have one packaged predator being unmasked city hunter. When I look at it on the wall it makes me wanna go back threw the collection to keep some in the package. Mainly that SDCC Gort Predator. Its kinda a funny story how I got that second city hunter btw.  I was at work and a guy needed help finding a black eyed peas cd. I helped him find their best cd. Later that guy came back and found me and just straight up gave me 20 dollars for the service, he insisted I keep the money. So I just spent it on another city hunter to keep in the package. As for the one out of the box I may redo that forehead. Anybody got any ideas on the best paint brand to use?

r_roe8807

r_roe8807

Anybody know what predators are in series 5?

crazypredator2

crazypredator2

well i finely have the p2-2pack on the way, had to get it from amazon, couldn't hold off any longer,waiting on toysrus.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Can anyone post the bigger back picture of 2 pack predators?

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Tribal on Dec 27, 2011, 08:24:19 PM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Dec 27, 2011, 07:18:51 PM
Quote from: walker31 on Dec 27, 2011, 06:56:00 PM
Even though I wasnt planning on getting it, I saw the 2 pack at TRU earlier today, and had to buy it.  As with the first 2 pack, I have no plans on opening it.  I was surprised to see on the back that it comes with the background backdrop for the camo berserker.  I guess I overlooked that detail somewhere here or it hasnt been posted.  Guess I wont know how that looks as I want to keep them nice and pretty in the package.  When I first got my series 1, I opened them and immediately regreted it, every since them I've been keeping them in package to keep them perfect.  Cant wait for the next wave!!!

but you muuuust open them...

Yep!
Please open it!
It's almost a offense keep them in package.  :-\

NECA made all those amazing articulations to let you pose the figures the way you want.

It's not a picture to you just hang on the wall, it's an action figure!  ;D

indeed, i have a hard time understanding how people can not open figures. not just are they meant to be looked at on the shelf, posed up, but it takes less space too :P

Requiem28

Requiem28

I still have pretty much all of my cases saved, so when ever I for some reason feel like it, I could just put them back in there and look at them.

It's too bad I never thought about keeping the cases for my AVP-R figures, but let me tell ya, after I purchased McFarlane's Scar and Celtic unopened , I immediately inhaled all the trapped 2004 air.

That's smelling the past baby!  Brought me 7 years back!

And don't get me started on the 1995 SEGA Saturn controller I recently ordered UNOPENED.

OH. MY. GOD.  It was a blessing just breathing in that baby. 16 years.

I know I'm weird.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Definitely the smell of unopened action figures is part of the experience of owning them.

Shadow

Shadow

I loved the smell of newly opened mcfarlane figs

JaredK21

JaredK21

walker31

walker31

Has anyone else noticed that since the 2 pack hit the shelves the TRU stores no longer have the series 4?!  Maybe just the ones in my area?   

meanstreak

meanstreak

I'm trying to decide if I should open my SDCC Gort mask classic Pred.  It looks like Gort on the back of the TRU two pack is coming in the lost predators line, but my 35 year old eyes aren't entirely sure.  Is that Gort coming later as a proper figure, not just a classic with a different mask?

JaredK21

JaredK21

Quote from: meanstreak on Dec 29, 2011, 12:14:37 AM
I'm trying to decide if I should open my SDCC Gort mask classic Pred.  It looks like Gort on the back of the TRU two pack is coming in the lost predators line, but my 35 year old eyes aren't entirely sure.  Is that Gort coming later as a proper figure, not just a classic with a different mask?

Yes, the Gort Predator from Predator 2 is coming out in the next series. Every single Predator seen on the ship in P2 is being made. The classic Gort Predator (SDCC version) is just a special figure made for the hardcore fans who know that the Gort mask was the original mask to be used in the film but later scrapped for the one we all know and love in the original movie.

meanstreak

meanstreak

Quote from: JaredK21 on Dec 29, 2011, 02:30:40 AM
Quote from: meanstreak on Dec 29, 2011, 12:14:37 AM

Yes, the Gort Predator from Predator 2 is coming out in the next series. Every single Predator seen on the ship in P2 is being made. The classic Gort Predator (SDCC version) is just a special figure made for the hardcore fans who know that the Gort mask was the original mask to be used in the film but later scrapped for the one we all know and love in the original movie.

Thanks for the info!

Peakius Baragonius

I received Shaman for Christmas and he is amazing! The sculpt and paint are really well done, and as for the joints, everything seems to move so smoothly! I should be receiving the 2-Pack soon as well, and while I'd like to get Boar and the Gort- mask Classic I am most definitely pleased and grateful for what I have/will have!  8)

I do wish that for the unmasked City Hunter, NECA had gone ahead and put some battle-damaged paint on the chest...the wounded City Hunter is an iconic image from the movie, and fans would have had even more reason to buy the figure. It doesn't look like we're gonna be getting a lot of variants just yet, and I for one would like to get a wounded variant with the open mouth and both arms intact as well as the missing/removable arm versions. But enough regrets - 'tis the season for Predator fans to be jolly, for sure!  ;D

Any word on Predator figures after series 6 wraps up, such as the AVP Preds or a redone Wolf? Last year, we had the Predator 2 announcement right about now, and I'd like to know if it's worth it to pick up the old masked Wolf in the near future...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed