Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 146,978 times)

Master

Oh, ok. Viral campaign all the way.

dandan

Quote from: dandan on Feb 11, 2011, 10:41:57 AM
Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 11, 2011, 09:22:19 AM
a crew member tweeted this?
http://twitter.com/JoannaMaeva/status/35821489689206784

ah i new it! if its true and i really think it is ther will be aliens in this after all and it is a prequel? ha

and its abit of obvious this is going to be set in the alien universe when micheal fessbender is an android aswell ?

Keyes

Hmm, from that Twitter the person seems like she's more in the music scene than the film one?!

BonesawT101

"I'm an alien... Alien. Duck. Water. Back. At Pinewood. Prequel........"

lol what the hell could that possibly mean?!  ::)

not sure about the "Duck Water Back" bit, kind of cryptic,

BonesawT101

it sure is, maybe shes trying to tell us we may see something at the back of pinewood? around the water or something.
who knows.

well i get the impression she was saying something like "Water off a Duck Back" and generally the saying implies that you've been insulted or someting, but you don't care. for example
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/like_water_off_a_duck's_back

BonesawT101

I had thought that too, but I can't link it to the words prequel, alien, and pinewood  ??? haha

maybe it means the "Alien-less" rumours

BonesawT101

yeah that could be true, you may be on to something there, perhaps she means that prometheus has been getting a bit of flack from the fanbase because the press (and POSSIBLY Ridley Scott) where setting this up as a completely separate film to to Alien, but that may be like 'water off a ducks back' because it may be a prequel, and it may indeed be related to the alien franchise.

fingers crossed!

BonesawT101

Yep! - fingers crossed indeed!! like water off a duck's back,  usually used in relation to ignored criticism - I can imagine Scott couldn't care less about the criticism at this point due to the possibility of the film being unrelated to alien. maybe that is what she means. although I am still optimistic that the film will be related so maybe she means the criticism is ignored because it IS gonna be an alien prequel. this could make ya go crazy haha  :D

ThisBethesdaSea

And yet another crew member referring to this project as a prequel. There shouldn't be any confusion anymore. This is a prequel.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

the only problem is of course, how do we know this person is on the crew? where did that bit of small yet important info come from? I didn't see anything on the link that suggested that she is a member of the crew, so where did it say that she is, how do we know she is a crew member at all?  ???

nendo

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2011, 01:30:52 AM
And yet - there's still nothing to seriously market beyond a title.  The thing may still fall in a heap.  Once they start shooting - then they can start marketing.

Not true at all. You don't need to off shot scenes for the actual film for the marketing to begin.

Godzilla. Cloverfield, Super 8. Recent films that shot scenes inteneded for the trailer only to be reused in the film. Apart from godzilla.

Cloverfield had the trailer filmed before any of the film actualy went into shooting. Alot of the original trailer scenes was re-shot when it came to the actual film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed