First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,610 times)

Russ840

Russ840

So we are getting a Marvel Omnibus collection of Aliens

Aliens Omnibus Vol 1

This guy is legit and has sources at Marvel's collected editions department.

A marvel omnibus is an oversized affair,

Collects: Aliens (1988) #1–6, Aliens (1989) #1–4, Aliens: Earth War (1990) #1–4, Aliens: Genocide (1991) #1–4, Aliens: Hive (1992) #1-4, Aliens: Tribes (1992), Aliens: Newt's Tale (1992) #1-2, Alien 3 (1992) #1-3, Aliens: Space Marines (1992) #1-12 plus material from:  Dark Horse Presents (1986) #24, 42-43, 56; Dark Horse Presents Fifth Anniversary Special (1991) #1 and Dark Horse Insider (1989) #14-27.

Releasing April 2021

No idea what Space Marines is but super happy to finally be getting Aliens: Countdown reprinted. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

"Because God knows Alien 3 didn't deliver."  ::)

Looking forward to this. Going to be nice having all of this material collected in one premium format hardcover edition. I only have one Marvel Omnibus collection, myself (the complete collection of Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's Doctor Strange run) and it is an incredibly well-formatted book.

This is the first time move adaptations are getting adapted alongside the standard Aliens comic titles, isn't it?

Also, pretty sure that Aliens: Space Marines series he's calling a "maxi-series" is actually the Kenner material, since the Aliens: Colonial Marines maxi-series was cut down from 12 issues to 10. The Kenner stuff comes to 12 issues if you don't count the thirteenth AVP one, which will most likely be in an AVP Omnibus collection instead.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 19, 2020, 07:57:27 PM
"Because God knows Alien 3 didn't deliver."  ::)

Looking forward to this. Going to be nice having all of this material collected in one premium format hardcover edition. I only have one Marvel Omnibus collection, myself (the complete collection of Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's Doctor Strange run) and it is an incredibly well-formatted book.

That is a nice collection.  Marvel produce an excellent binding. 

I reckon we'll get at least one of these omnibus' a year based on how quickly Marvel pumped out Star Wars and Conan stuff when they re acquired the license

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 19, 2020, 07:57:27 PM

This is the first time move adaptations are getting adapted alongside the standard Aliens comic titles, isn't it?

Also, pretty sure that Aliens: Space Marines series he's calling a "maxi-series" is actually the Kenner material, since the Aliens: Colonial Marines maxi-series was cut down from 12 issues to 10. The Kenner stuff comes to 12 issues if you don't count the thirteenth AVP one, which will most likely be in an AVP Omnibus collection instead.

I believe it is the first time they will be collected with the other content.

Oh yeah. I forgot about those, that will be cool if it is the Kenner comics

426Buddy

Are they reprinting Countdown? I didn't see that in the  info.

Would be pretty amazing, I heard that Dark Horse was missing the art or something in order to republish it.

I do have both parts of the story, its a good one.

Russ840

Countdown was originally published in Dark Horse Insider 14-27.   

426Buddy

Awesome nice! I had no idea lol, I have it in the Aliens UK MAG issues.

Now I have to find Dark Horse Insider issues lol

Voodoo Magic

I hope the oversized affair means oversized pages!

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 19, 2020, 09:05:09 PM
I hope the oversized affair means oversized pages!

It does indeed. Although, not as large as the recent Dark Horse fancy pants releases.

A Marvel Omni is a little over 29cm tall where as a standard trade is just shy of 26cm tall.

The recent 'Library' sized releases from Dark Horse (Things like 'The Original Comics Series' line) are almost 32cm tall.

426Buddy

I just looked up Dark Horse Insider and I am kinda bummed I have to get these now too, well atleast the ones featuring my favorite monsters. Looks like Volume 1 will be as impossible as Aliens UK Mag Volume 1, DHI Volume 2 looks pretty easy to get.

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 19, 2020, 09:07:26 PM
I just looked up Dark Horse Insider and I am kinda bummed I have to get these now too, well atleast the ones featuring my favorite monsters. Looks like Volume 1 will be as impossible as Aliens UK Mag Volume 1, DHI Volume 2 looks pretty easy to get.

Took me years to find each of those DHI issues containing Countdown. More rare than UK Vol 1. I suggest setting some alerts on eBay. Depending on the criteria for your collection, the last DHI Vol 1 issue had a new two page AvP advertisement spread.

It is weird to see Countdown finally being reprinted. Even weirder to see it alongside the Kenner comics if true...

SM

SM

Is this all in one volume?  It's going to look like a phone book.

Kradan

Kradan

I wouldn't mind that. Easier to kill bugs with it

barrydalgarno

Quote from: SM on Aug 20, 2020, 07:10:20 AM

It's absolutely going to be one book. Marvel Omnibuses are BIG.

SiL

SiL

Tribes!

Sold.

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Aug 20, 2020, 07:10:20 AM

This will be an average marvel omnibus. Some are unwieldily lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed