Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,669 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 15, 2018, 05:39:46 PM
Alien is fine, Scott always delivers on time and under budget.

Predator on the other hand, actually these movies are cheap but the draw I think barely covers then.

If Disney is going to try I would actually think that they would go for the pg 13 route with AVP.
Big companies these days will want to play it safe. While Alien is well known for its R rated universe, its still something Disney hasn't full on has dipped toes in unlike Universal or Fox. It might be a branch sure, but I don't trust it still as I can easily see Disney neglecting the Alien franchise for other properties that are making sure money.

Magegg

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 15, 2018, 05:39:46 PMIf Disney is going to try I would actually think that they would go for the pg 13 route with AVP.
They could make it a shared universe, with all those species. Throw in the Na'vi or something hah hah.

Nostromo

Corporal Hicks

#ItsStarted

Well, it's not attributed to Disney but it's attributed to Fox. I don't know if it's related or not.

Joss Whedon Says Fox is Pulling the Buffy the Vampire Slayer License from Dark Horse

Of note at the bottom -

QuoteA potentially interesting point to note is that the Firefly license Whedon also mentions has already been taken away and given to BOOM! Studios, the publisher in which Fox owns a significant minority stake. Perhaps the writing has been on the wall the entire time? Asked for comment, Bleeding Cool Rumourmonger-in-Chief Rich Johnston responded, "pip pip."

Perhaps a move to save the license when the buy-out takes place, leaving it under a now Disney owned company?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Let the Russo brothers have a crack at it.  Or James Mangold.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 16, 2018, 08:12:42 AM

Good choices, there's better ones but these are good acceptably mainstream ones.

D88M

For an Alien/Predator movie? Oh God no

EatA$@&#!Disney

Disney can go $@#! itself! they've ruined enough things already. Stop being greedy and steeling everything!

Magegg

Local Trouble

Quote from: D88M on Aug 16, 2018, 09:23:57 PM

How about Danny Boyle?

Samhain13

Quote from: Magegg on Aug 17, 2018, 02:34:09 AM
Quote from: EatA$@&#!Disney on Aug 17, 2018, 12:19:48 AMthey've ruined enough things already.
Such as...

I assume he is probably reffering to star wars or those super heroes movies.

dinosauriac

Well, they absolutely gutted Lucasfilm and its entire production slate when they bought it, seems like their style. Gotta say it seems like yet another really bad move for Disney, who're reliant pretty much entirely on Marvel and their back catalogue. Why buy Fox if you're not going to do anything with it? To add more nebulous "value" for the shareholders?

Regardless, I've been saying for years the franchise needs to die. Maybe it actually will now. Let's all buy the latest collector's sets and have a wake, been a long, LONG downhill slide but we're finally about to hit the bottom.

SM

Gutted?  They've made 4 films 6 years with 6 more in the works.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 17, 2018, 02:53:18 AM
Quote from: D88M on Aug 16, 2018, 09:23:57 PM

How about Danny Boyle?

Wasn't he offered Resurrection? Personally, I'd love to see him tackle an Alien film.

SM

Both him and Peter Jackson.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed