Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,704 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 13, 2015, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: Russ on Jan 13, 2015, 01:49:19 PMOne thing I'd never thought of was the double-dipping Facehugger. Even if we accept the deus ex of it (or its egg) being on the Sulaco, how does it impregnate Ripley AND the cow (or dog). I'm sure there's a fifty page thread on that in here somewhere...

Originally it was supposed to be a "Super Facehugger" with a different design, capable of impregnating one host with a Queen and another with a regular Alien to act as her protector. That much kinda makes some logical sense. But the idea was dropped and they went with a regular Facehugger, presumably just hoping no one would notice.

I've been theorizing that since 1992, but I thought it was always only fanon (and only then for a select few).  When did it finally gain common acceptance among fans?  I weathered a lot flames over that because some people just couldn't abide the idea of a "royal facehugger" back then.  It just didn't compute.

Kel G 426

I'm  sure the release of the Assembly Cut, along with the queen facehugger pics on the internet helped your case.

Local Trouble

I was still persecuted for my beliefs well into the late 90s and beyond.  The DVD release helped, but I still carry the emotional scars for being so far ahead of my time.

Kel G 426

Take heart, perhaps one day you will be revered for your perception.  I still hope to see the queen hugger in a future film one day because what Master said.

And Russ, that thread is 69 pages long.

MrSpaceJockey

Pretty ironic that the Queen facehugger is only seen around the dead cow, and the regular facehugger is seen attacking the cryotubes (and presumably on Ripley's face in the opening sequence scan).

tmoldovan

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 14, 2015, 02:27:39 AM
Pretty ironic that the Queen facehugger is only seen around the dead cow, and the regular facehugger is seen attacking the cryotubes (and presumably on Ripley's face in the opening sequence scan).
Fits perfectly with the rest of the movie.
You gotta feel sorry for the editor.

Kel G 426

Before learning of the super facehugger, I just assumed without question that there was more than one facehugger on the ship, that we simply just didn't see more than one at a time.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

My theory is that it's the same facehugger.  It just shed its cells and replaced them with armor, spikes and webbing to adapt to its hostile aquatic environment following the EEV's splashdown.

Go ahead, throw yours slings and arrows.  I've endured it all before.

Russ

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 14, 2015, 02:15:02 AM

And Russ, that thread is 69 pages long.

How could I underestimate the nerdery on AvPG!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ on Jan 14, 2015, 08:06:14 AM
How could I underestimate the nerdery on AvPG!

Pft. How could you even?

The shot of the original should have been removed for the assembly cut imho. Or at least changed, with a digital super-hugger instead.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2015, 08:23:42 AMThe shot of the original should have been removed for the assembly cut imho. Or at least changed, with a digital super-hugger instead.

Yeah, this. As it is I just put it down to a goof and pretend the first one is the Super Hugger.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 14, 2015, 02:15:02 AMI still hope to see the queen hugger in a future film one day because what Master said.

One was in the Sea of Sorrows novel, which kinda surprised me.

Kel G 426

We need a George Lucas special edition that keeps both the dog and ox, resulting in two aliens, with enough eggs and facehuggers to make it work.  Someone should give George a call.  I don't think he's busy.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 14, 2015, 08:48:04 AMWe need a George Lucas special edition that keeps both the dog and ox, resulting in two aliens, with enough eggs and facehuggers to make it work.

Don't forget he needs to replace all the Pulse Rifles with walkie-talkies.

Corporal Hicks

We need a Lucas cut of Aliens to put in some voiceover of Will Hope talking about the other marines.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed