New Alien Covenant Poster!

Started by SuicideDoors, Mar 23, 2017, 01:01:44 PM

Author
New Alien Covenant Poster! (Read 56,841 times)

fernandito

fernandito

Vázquez pinning one of them to the wall with the leg was the icing on the cake

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Darth Vile on Mar 27, 2017, 05:00:42 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 27, 2017, 03:58:33 PM
My problem (if you can call it that) is not that a lot of aliens were killed in the film, but that a lot of those killings were played as jokes, or near jokes: the APC squash, Vasquez pinning one to the wall with her leg, Hudson's final 'monologue'. These were stand-up-and-cheer moments, which robs the alien of a lot of its power and menace.

Don't get me wrong, these moments are exactly right for the film that Cameron made. But it's quite a different vibe from the first movie!
I'd agree with that. And whilst Aliens was the best possible sequel it, in a way, killed the franchise. There was nowhere else left to go.

Oh no you don't. Don't blame the masterpiece ALIENS for all the garbage that followed. The sky was the limit for the franchise at that point.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 27, 2017, 05:31:15 PMThe sky was the limit for the franchise at that point.

Not really. The chances of them making another entry as good as the first two films were pretty much zero - as has been borne out by the fact they've never managed to do so in over 30 years.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 27, 2017, 05:50:26 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 27, 2017, 05:31:15 PMThe sky was the limit for the franchise at that point.

Not really. The chances of them making another entry as good as the first two films were pretty much zero - as has been borne out by the fact they've never managed to do so in over 30 years.
On May 19th... That will all change. ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

While I certainly hope Covenant is good, if it matches the first two films I'll be incredibly surprised.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

I think it will.

And if people don't think so, it will be because of nostalgia for many of them. It's similar to when people put down Prometheus or The Martian, when those two films are just as good as Alien and Blade Runner... if not better.

fernandito

fernandito

mmh, these last comments as if alien3 ever existed. Misconception from my part again, perhaps

I mean by saying "garbage that followed", you folks are referring to resurrection, avp 1 and 2 and in a way Prometheus, but not to alien3, uh?

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 26, 2017, 01:10:30 AM
The point I was trying to make, is you can understand why people have come to these conclusions over the years.

Honestly, I don't really understand how anyone who has payed attention to the film could come to such a conclusion without twisting it into something it is not. If someone just wants to believe the alien is literally indestructible then that's something else, but in my experience the people who actually argue this always assert it as a valid portrayal based on the film (which it clearly isn't.)

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 27, 2017, 03:14:18 PM
The alien only felt truly alien to me in the first film, which is why I preferred RS's take.

Hard to argue with that!  :laugh:

The derelict to the space jockey, the eggs, the facehugger, Kane's death, all building up to the first reveal of the alien with Brett's demise... pure gold.

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 27, 2017, 05:53:06 PM

On May 19th... That will all change. ;)

I don't have such high hopes for Covenant, although I might enjoy it a bit more than Prometheus.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Just because... oh forget it. Not spending anymore mental capital on this.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 27, 2017, 06:11:05 PMIt's similar to when people put down Prometheus or The Martian, when those two films are just as good as Alien and Blade Runner... if not better.

Prometheus better than Blade Runner? :laugh:

fernandito

fernandito

So It wasn't misconception from my part. He said better than even alien too.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

You better believe it.

fernandito

fernandito

i wasn't just prepared for dat 1

Russ840

Russ840

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion lol.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

The aliens are killing them real awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed