Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within*

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 28, 2016, 06:42:31 AM

Author
Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within* (Read 76,740 times)

SuicideDoors

Quote from: bobby brown on Oct 28, 2016, 09:08:17 AM
You really had to post this as front news with pictures and everything? godamn spoilers.
F**k this is disappointing design.
Alien is dead.

There is nothing too spoilery at all! We've all seen the facehugger before. Most people come to this site for this sort of stuff, we're addicts

And Alien isn't dead with this film. We've not bloody seen the proper Aliens for a start, so a bit of an overreaction!

Neil Branquinho

Neil Branquinho

Dunno man, in this instance I'm inclined to agree with the original poster. Nobody is saying you shouldn't cover spoilers but there's ways and means of doing it so it doesn't ruin the film for those people that want to go into the movie fresh and spoiler free. Having a banner of the spoilers as you enter the site just feels like a big "f*ck you it's our way or no way" to me.

bobby brown

Quote from: Neil Branquinho on Oct 28, 2016, 09:14:16 AM
Dunno man, in this instance I'm inclined to agree with the original poster. Nobody is saying you shouldn't cover spoilers but there's ways and means of doing it so it doesn't ruin the film for those people that want to go into the movie fresh and spoiler free. Having a banner of the spoilers as you enter the site just feels like a big "f*ck you it's our way or no way" to me.

Agreed.... Yet, seeing these images prepared me for the inevitable disappointment.
this is not why I became a fan of this franchise.

Alien seems to be dead guys. And nobody is more sad than me today.... :-[

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea, if you don't want to be spoiled; then this isn't the website for you. That or at least disable images. However at the same time, we've already seen most of this. A lot of it was in the discarded Prometheus production art or at least I assumed it was discarded. Although Ridley did say that God was probably ugly so I suppose we are staring into the face of God in that hideous old-morph. It's like he forgot to brush his little mouths teeth even after all of his big mouth teeth fell out.

Robert Gautreaux

Robert Gautreaux

Finally they are getting back to some of the original concepts Ridley Scott and Giger wanted to go with but the producers at Fox at the time concidered to crude and shocking - that being the original egg design, the top, opening up like vaginas. You can clearly see the seem where the opening will be should some hapless victim happen along, the egg top would open up in essentially two top-halfs instead of the classical four-way "leaf/petal" formation as we have been already accustomed to.

I would like to see how the eggs bio-shape firstly creates the vagina-like appeture for whatever smaller proto-facehugger to errupt from or, dare-I-say-it: be "birthed" from. Then how they presumably transmutate from two sides to the more familiar four sided opening and why its bio-nature felt the need to transition from two to four. It could even be a genetic spin-off from the four petaled Xenomorph eggs!

BonesawT101

It's not really a huge spoiler anyway, we all knew the aliens and the neomorph variations would feature. Back on topic, I think the designs in the pics could be really terrifying when terrorizing the crew of the Covenant. Excitement is reaching fever pitch for me, and Hicks, you've hinted at more exclusive scoops to come? I am ready  :laugh:

bobby brown

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 28, 2016, 09:10:23 AM
Also don't forget the original designs are back as well as these new neomorph pics. Can't wait to see the neomorph creatures in action terrorizing the crew

Why are you so sure of this?

BonesawT101

Hicks had said a number of times he has it confirmed that the traditional Alien designs are back for the movie along with the new neomorph creatures

Corporal Hicks

Scott himself said Giger's Alien would be back ages ago.

Glaive

Thing is, these appear to be missteps in whatever David is working on...Doubt we'll see any of them moving...this is just set-dressing...Much like the failed Ripleys in 'Resurrection'...cool stuff, yet not really affecting the plot.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 28, 2016, 09:32:16 AM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/12/12/the-alien-to-feature-in-alien-covenant/

"We'll have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two."

BonesawT101

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 28, 2016, 09:34:09 AM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/12/12/the-alien-to-feature-in-alien-covenant/

"We'll have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two."
aside from this quote Hicks, have you heard from the 'secret source' that the original designs are back?

windebieste

These images really do feel like an evolutionary process is at work here.  A process that looks like David is at the center of and influencing.  It appears this process will ultimately become the 'perfect organism' we are familiar with.  I like how this is shaping (morphing?) up and I don't mind at all if this takes 3 movies to finally culminate in what we see in 'ALIEN'.

Bring it.  This is awesome stuff!

Yeah.  More exclusives, please, Hicks.  :P

-Windebieste.

Ruggles

Ruggles

Hi Hicks. Love your website. I have visited daily for at least the last 8 years. I have no issue with spoilers. But what if someone who is not aware of your website and is just googling to find out small amounts of information clicks on and sees the spoilers? They will have a negative reaction. I don't see why it would be difficult to just announce it first. Just because it's been a certain way for 15 years doesn't mean it can't be improved. If it doesn't effect the people who want to see the spoilers by giving a warning, what is the harm? No warning means your cult followers like myself are not surprised, and are happy. New visiters to the website may not be so happy. Put a warning, everyone wins. There's nothing wrong with changing something that will hopefully bring more people to your website, without effecting us loyalists.

Very excited by the film. I still think Prometheus will come to be appreciated as a great work of film one day.

bobby brown

Isn't the man talking about the alien in general when he says this?
I doubt he has the keen insight in the various alien designs as we fans do.

In the picture, I see aliens, eggs, facehuggers. exactly what he promised?
I find it unlikely the film will also feature the original fan favourites.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed