Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 119,945 times)

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: BonesawT101 on May 23, 2017, 05:35:20 PM
Quote from: salomonj on May 23, 2017, 05:04:07 PM
What piece does David play at the end of the movie? I'm trying to find the sheet music...
Entry of the gods into valhalla from das rheingold.
Thanks you. I new it started with "Entry of the gods into..." but my mind kept saying "valyria" from game of thrones.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Ingwar on May 23, 2017, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 23, 2017, 05:38:26 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on May 23, 2017, 05:35:54 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 23, 2017, 05:23:43 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 23, 2017, 11:04:23 AM
That was a funny review  :laugh: sadly its accurate from what I gather, I am still not sure whethet to go see it or wait for it to come out on bluray.

That so called 'review' was total garbage. Go and see the film and make your own mind up, you never know you might actually like it.

Garbage? Actually a lot what's said in that review is true. Sad but true.

I disagree and that's not a review, it's moronic, disrespectful and deeply unfunny

Because you disagree with it it doesn't mean it's not review. It's review but odd one. I agree with it. It's funny and yes, it's disrespectful because Covenant as a movie is disrespectful towards Alien universe.

It's not a review because it doesn't offer any meaningful critique of the film not because I disagree with it. It's disrespectful to Ridley Scott because it suggests he has no integrity and Covenant isn't disrespectful to The alien universe. You didn't like it, that's fine I have no problem with that at all but I did and I'm a fan too, unfortunately you didn't get the film you wanted but that doesn't mean the film is disrespectful.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Whether or not I will like the film is a moot point, the continuity errors in regard to the Alien life-cycle and especially the Lope scene is sticking out like a sore thumb for me personally, I take contuinity regarding the Alien lore probably a little too seriously thus I get irritated more than most when contradictions to the lore happen, especially when it is now done by Ridley Scott, the original director who should have known better than to follow in the footsteps of AVP.
One of my biggest gripes about the AVP movies were due to liberties taken with the lore. So while I may enjoy this movie, I probably won't be able to forgive those errors. Its the same with Alien 3, I like that movie but the magic egg thing sticks out so much that I was on the fence when there was going to be a continuity reset by Alien 5.

gantarat

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Its going like a count down  :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Sinking ship :)

cucuchu

cucuchu

Express elevator to hell, going down!!!

Evanus

Evanus

Seems to be back at 72% now.

monkeylove

monkeylove

"'Alien: Covenant' Bursts with Pomposity"

QuoteWhat Scott delivers in "Alien: Covenant" is the simulacrum of seriousness without the sense of self-conscious silliness, a grim earnestness that's reinforced by a thudding, grandiose aesthetic that utterly lacks originality. His movie offers no release of laughter or wonder. Rather, Scott is a dour minister who preaches in heavy and sludgy rhetoric, posing commonplace conundrums as grand philosophical ponderings.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/alien-covenant-bursts-with-pomposity

"'Alien: Covenant' and the Too-Many-Monsters Problem"

QuoteDecades on, the faces of the men and women aboard the Nostromo—many of them wearied and worn, played by actors as distinctive as Harry Dean Stanton and Yaphet Kotto—are stamped on the memory, and the same goes for the grunts in "Aliens," among them the late Bill Paxton. Three days after seeing the new movie, however, I've already forgotten who stayed on the Covenant and who disembarked to scout the strange terrain.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/29/alien-covenant-and-the-too-many-monsters-problem

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: cucuchu on May 24, 2017, 09:47:42 PMExpress elevator to hell, going down!!!

Something pretty drastic (and unrealistic) would have to happen for that to be true.

900SL

900SL

Alachia disses it.

'I just don't get how Weyland Yutani keep employing the dumbest people..'

'The Script just sucks'

:D

You tell 'em, girl.

Not a happy bunny. C+ or 6/10

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

^ Was just about to post that. I really enjoyed her review.

oduodu

oduodu

At the 6 minute mark and "script sucks crew are idiots"

15 rewrites 4 people hired to write the script. ...........and stilll

How's this possible. ?

I dumbfounded. No LIndelof

gantarat

gantarat

go down 71% again

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_covenant

Cinemassacre Review

Magegg

Magegg

The Cinemassacre guys know right :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed