Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 119,950 times)

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: salomonj on May 22, 2017, 04:09:33 AM
I just don't understand what people disliked about this movie. How is King Arthur Legend of the Sword scored higher? Im so confused, A:C was wayyyyyyyyyy better than that disaster.

Audiences Score: 78%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/king_arthur_legend_of_the_sword/

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: gantarat on May 22, 2017, 04:28:48 AM
I just don't understand what people disliked about this movie. How is King Arthur Legend of the Sword scored higher? Im so confused, A:C was wayyyyyyyyyy better than that disaster.

Audiences Score: 78%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/king_arthur_legend_of_the_sword/
Yeah and Covvie is only at 65

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Primarily because the films will appeal to a different kind of audience. I'd hazard a guess that many going to see a King Arthur movie will be less concerned with narrative, historical accuracy, originality  etc. Whereas an Alien film has more expectation to be x, y or z.

skull-splitter

The Good:
-Shots
-David/Walter
-Themes
-Open ending
-Baddy wins for a change
The Bad:
-If you thought that Prometheus had a stupid crew, buckle up
-Writing is all over the place
-Basically a retelling of Alien but worse
-Creating more plotholes (or should I say questions?) than it seems to solve

I hoped this to be more. Then again, I don't consider Scott to be godlike like some people here do, and this is no different. With some minor edits to the script this would've been so much better...

Scree

Scree

This review really cracked me up. Pure gold.  :D

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

That was a funny review  :laugh: sadly its accurate from what I gather, I am still not sure whethet to go see it or wait for it to come out on bluray.

gantarat

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Scree on May 22, 2017, 04:44:43 PM
This review really cracked me up. Pure gold.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXWpVzfZJdg

Great stuff! ;D

salomonj

salomonj

What piece does David play at the end of the movie? I'm trying to find the sheet music...

oduodu

oduodu

how much should covenant be taking  to ensure awakening gets made?

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 23, 2017, 11:04:23 AM
That was a funny review  :laugh: sadly its accurate from what I gather, I am still not sure whethet to go see it or wait for it to come out on bluray.

That so called 'review' was total garbage. Go and see the film and make your own mind up, you never know you might actually like it.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Quote from: salomonj on May 23, 2017, 05:04:07 PM
What piece does David play at the end of the movie? I'm trying to find the sheet music...
Entry of the gods into valhalla from das rheingold.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 23, 2017, 05:23:43 PM

That so called 'review' was total garbage. Go and see the film and make your own mind up, you never know you might actually like it.

Garbage? Actually a lot what's said in that review is true. Sad but true.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Ingwar on May 23, 2017, 05:35:54 PM

I disagree and that's not a review, it's moronic, disrespectful and deeply unfunny

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on May 23, 2017, 05:38:26 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on May 23, 2017, 05:35:54 PM

I disagree and that's not a review, it's moronic, disrespectful and deeply unfunny

Because you disagree with it it doesn't mean it's not review. It's review but odd one. I agree with it. It's funny and yes, it's disrespectful because Covenant as a movie is disrespectful towards Alien universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed