Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 916,881 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on May 22, 2022, 08:16:02 PMIf there was an option to record and post the audio of my scream full of joy I would do just that. These games are ridiculously great but unfortunately they never quite stepped out of the shadow of their bigger brother, Half Life. It's always that people discovered Portal through HL and never the other way around

I would love love LOVE a thitd game. But I would be also extremely worried if they announced it. It's been  more than a decade since Portal 2 and I suspect many people responsible for the first two games are not even working for Valve anymore or just don't have quite enough steam (heh). Also, Portal 2 had a very definitive ending. It would be hard for me to be won over by a Portal game that doesn't have Glados in it, she and Chell/player had such a beatiful dynamic, anything less than that would be a disappointment for me. Still, in Valve I trust, and I would be very optimistic for a new game set in that universe
Have I mentioned the Portal Stories mods to you before? One is a VR mod, which is pretty awesome. The other is a full on overhaul of Portal 2 with a new campaign, new puzzles, fully voiced Cave Johnson, and a few other bits and pieces. Check it out of you get a chance, it's called Portal Stories: Mel.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've got what amounts to a sewer level coming up in Doom 3 and I ain't exactly hyped for it.  :laugh:

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Stitch on May 22, 2022, 11:02:18 PMHave I mentioned the Portal Stories mods to you before? One is a VR mod, which is pretty awesome. The other is a full on overhaul of Portal 2 with a new campaign, new puzzles, fully voiced Cave Johnson, and a few other bits and pieces. Check it out of you get a chance, it's called Portal Stories: Mel.

Yes, I played Portal Mel when it came out. This was before they even added an easier game mode to it. So every puzzle was just incredibly complex to the point where I had to watch video guides to tell me how to solve it. I'm looking forward to playing Mel on the easier mode after Portal 2 and see how much easier it actually is.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Darkness on May 23, 2022, 06:50:25 AM
Quote from: Stitch on May 22, 2022, 11:02:18 PMHave I mentioned the Portal Stories mods to you before? One is a VR mod, which is pretty awesome. The other is a full on overhaul of Portal 2 with a new campaign, new puzzles, fully voiced Cave Johnson, and a few other bits and pieces. Check it out of you get a chance, it's called Portal Stories: Mel.

Yes, I played Portal Mel when it came out. This was before they even added an easier game mode to it. So every puzzle was just incredibly complex to the point where I had to watch video guides to tell me how to solve it. I'm looking forward to playing Mel on the easier mode after Portal 2 and see how much easier it actually is.
I don't think I've played it since the easier mode came out. I struggled through on original, like you. Tried not to use guides but there were some puzzles that were incredibly complex, like you said. Still, a fantastic game.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I picked up Fallout 4 for the grand sum of £1.

I've only ever played 3 before, which I absolutely loved, but it was such a massive game it's taken me until now to bite on another.

I'd forgotten how everything f**ks you up at the start of a Fallout game :laugh: I'm getting better able to handle myself now, as opposed to just running away all the time. Really enjoying the settlement building aspect; to be honest, I've completely forgotten about the main quest thus far and I've been busy playing around with the townships instead.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Epic Games is giving away the PC version of the entire BioShock collection for FREE this week...

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/bundles/bioshock-the-collection

Stitch

Stitch

Finished D4: Dark Dreams Don't  Die yesterday.

Swery game, so it's nuts. Wish they'd finished it, and not left it on a cliffhanger, but it's good, anyway.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Sniper Elite 5

Enjoying this game so far. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished up Doom 3. It didn't get anywhere near as tedious as I remembered from the BFG Edition. And the bosses were pretty much all chumps, but still fun.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Epic Games is giving away the PC version of Wolfenstein: The New Order for FREE this week...

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/wolfenstein-the-new-order

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Great game. Tonally all over the place at times but a lot of fun.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Been meaning to look into that, since I've played Wolf 3D to death, the copy of Return to Castle Wolfenstein I bought on Steam won't even start, and 2009 no longer exists seemingly.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 02, 2022, 09:34:10 PMBeen meaning to look into that, since I've played Wolf 3D to death, the copy of Return to Castle Wolfenstein I bought on Steam won't even start, and 2009 no longer exists seemingly.
It's f**king fantastic.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Been replaying Medal of Honor Allied Assault in celebration of its 20th anniversary, can confirm that shooting Nazis remains fun as f**k and is still one of my favorite pastimes

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I havent played many MOH games.  Just the original, and then the modern reboots (in which the first is very good) that were based off real events in the GWOT.

The only thing I remember about the first one is that you become so badass by the end of the game, when a german sees you he shouts out in surprise, "It's Jimmy Patterson!!!!"  I always thought that was a kind of bad ass touch for a playstation era game. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed